Saying Goodbye to iPhone

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had several Samsung devices over the years. They were all great devices. I just didn't like all the Samsung apps that I never used and you couldn't delete them. Yes, there are also Apple apps I don't use but some are removable and the ones that aren't are the ones I'm using.

If I decide to go back to Android it will be with a Google phone. I've had every Google phone from the first Nexus to the 6P and loved the "pure vanilla" Android software.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy your new Samsung S8. It looks like a very nice smartphone. I wish you well and good luck with it.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
They produce visually spectacular products, but they don't last.
Also Samsung is one of the slowest to provide updates.

As a former owner of many Galaxy series, the last one an S6 Edge I am convinced that Samsung products don't last.

I'm going to have to throw the flag on that one. My wife's GS5 is still going strong. So strong, that my daughter is using it and she loves it. Updates? Samsung can only update if Google updates Android. Also, Samsung is not going to update all of its phones to the latest OS version. Apple doesn't.

Battery performance becomes poor after 1 year, updates usually perform worst and prices are not cheap.

Apple uses the same battery technology as Samsung; with the exact same limitations.

The place for the fingerprint sensor in the new S8 is another mistake and not sure yet, but guess my small iPhone SE is faster that any Android phone, will wait for reviews and comparisons

The fingerprint reader position will take some getting used to. I'm not sure I like where it is at either. As for your iPhone 5E being faster than any Android? Prove it. That's a statement without actual evidence.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
As for your iPhone 5E being faster than any Android? Prove it. That's a statement without actual evidence.

Faster than any Android is a bit of a stretch, but the Apple A9 chip in the iPhone SE (and iPhone 6S) is an absolute monster, and faster than the vast majority of Android chipsets.

IMG_5689.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

peter_78

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Well after I talk with Samsung today in Sweden and got information that Samsung only give 1 year warranty did make me decisions to not buy a Samsung S8+ and go back to my iPhone and apple give 2 year warranty on the phone and battery if you have apple app+ warranty so I say goodbye to Samsung and hello again Apple and my iPhone

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well after I talk with Samsung today in Sweden and got information that Samsung only give 1 year warranty did make me decisions to not buy a Samsung S8+ and go back to my iPhone and apple give 2 year warranty on the phone and battery if you have apple app+ warranty so I say goodbye to Samsung and hello again Apple and my iPhone

Welcome back!

peter_78

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I just can't understand how Samsung think specially when they had a big scandal with battery with note 7! Samsung should give minimum 2 years to repair their bad reputation

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Faster than any Android is a bit of a stretch, but the Apple A9 chip in the iPhone SE (and iPhone 6S) is an absolute monster, and faster than the vast majority of Android chipsets.

That's nice and all. But the S8 and S8 Plus has the 835. Furthermore, the S7 uses the 820. Most of those "slow" Android phones you are talking about are not competing against Apple. They are competing against OTHER low to mid range Android phones. Apple doesn't make a low to mid range phone. The majority of the world can't afford iPhones or even high end Androids.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
That's nice and all. But the S8 and S8 Plus has the 835. Furthermore, the S7 uses the 820. Most of those "slow" Android phones you are talking about are not competing against Apple. They are competing against OTHER low to mid range Android phones. Apple doesn't make a low to mid range phone. The majority of the world can't afford iPhones or even high end Androids.

The iPhone SE starts at $399 full MSRP, and can be had cheaper during carrier sales. When flagships like the iPhone and Galaxy S and Note series start north of $700... The SE is pretty "midrange" in my book.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I just can't understand how Samsung think specially when they had a big scandal with battery with note 7! Samsung should give minimum 2 years to repair their bad reputation

That's because Samsung's reputation wasn't really damaged all that bad. It reacted fairly quickly and did a pretty good job of trying to make it right.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone SE starts at $399 full MSRP, and can be had cheaper during carrier sales. When flagships like the iPhone and Galaxy S and Note series start north of $700... The SE is pretty "midrange" in my book.

Yeah, and it only sold well in Europe and the US. Everywhere else...you know...the REST of the world, not so much. It was still to expensive. If you've never been anywhere other than the US and Europe, then your concept of how a mid-range phone will be skewed.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/10/t...-just-as-apple-planned-in-the-u-s-and-europe/

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
The funny thing is, my daughter wanted an iPhone at first. I let her use mine a few times and she thought it was OK. Then we gave her our old Galaxy S5. After a few days of using the S5, she said she doesn't want an iPhone anymore. She would rather get a Samsung as her next phone. Bwahahaha! :p

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I will keep my iphone... The one and only android i owned a long time ago quickly became a boat anchor out of frustration using the thing. I will stay with Apple.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Security is of the utmost importance to me. There isn't a company I know of that has the SECURUTY that Apple does. My company is all Apple and I know of other companies that use Apple as well
Having been on every Samsung Note and update issues I decided to personally make a switch. Yes they are beautiful screens and the colors are saturated. My iPhone is gorgeous as well
It's personal preference. I love NOT having battery or security issues. Apple works. That is important to me
I don't trash any platform. But I ended up frustrated and unhappy. That's what's great about having choices. I chose to make a change.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, and it only sold well in Europe and the US. Everywhere else...you know...the REST of the world, not so much. It was still to expensive. If you've never been anywhere other than the US and Europe, then your concept of how a mid-range phone will be skewed.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/10/t...-just-as-apple-planned-in-the-u-s-and-europe/

Globally, on a scale ranging from $0 to $969 (iPhone 7 Plus 256gb) $399 is literally just less than half... even if you cap the range at $750 (base iPhone 7/Galaxy S8) $399 is still just over half. Pretty darn midrange... midrange phones and cheap emerging markets phones are not the same thing.

smccall1977

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I was a hard core android user had every flagship phone that came out. When apple released the iPhone 6plus that was all I was waiting for as I was use to a big screen and couldn't do without one. Now i have had every new iPhone plus series since then and have never looked back. My company uses android we have the galaxy s7 and I hate it. The slow response time when texting is unbearable and I refuse to text with it now. I can't believe how hard it is to text on it as my iPhone 7plus just destroys it in every aspect when it comes to screen touch response time and everything that follows. The iPhone may not have some of what Samsung puts out but it has the best camera of any smartphone has yet to be beat. The operating iOS system is so optimized and smooth that it proves you don't need all that Samsung puts into its phones. They have to put more and more power into their phones because android is not optimized as its open source and without those powerful processors the galaxy series would be more unbearable to use as it already is. Will make a quick reference for you. My rx8 has a 1.3 liter rotary engine in it that produces 247hp 9g rpm and only has 3 moving parts in the engine which is the two rotors and the cam. That 1.3liter is equivalent to a v8 and delivers the smoothest power you can get. Apple phones that only have dual core still smoke Samsung's quad core phones. You don't need a lot of power if you optimize your operating system like it should be. My iPhone never has forced closed on me and never has lagged on me. I love the apps and I don't need all the bells and whistles let's be real we all want a camera that is top notch and we want to text and make phone calls. How often do we really use the gimmicks that Samsung offers. I was one who use to be that guy that had to have those gimmicks but truthfully never used them just like most of all Samsung users don't. I will agree Samsung displays are amazing and yes the camera is great but not better than the iPhones. The iPhone display is great as it's more true to accurate colors but I would love to have amoled display on my 7plus and the iPhone 8 will I believe also want my headphone jack back lol. Bottom line iPhone just works and its smooth and touch response on the screen can't be beat only the google line up comes close and that because its vanilla android which is the only way to go if getting a android device. Also Samsung devices last about a year before they really start lagging super bad and battery dies out they are made that way to make you upgrade which is why they don't care about updating their older phones. You will miss iMessage and FaceTime and just the fact your phone works so I will see you back my friend truly wish you good luck and my post is just my opinion so don't take it as I'm bashing Samsung it's just what I have experienced.

cmdacos

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Security is of the utmost importance to me. There isn't a company I know of that has the SECURUTY that Apple does. My company is all Apple and I know of other companies that use Apple as wel.

If you're connected to a network security is no longer real. And recently Mr Trump made that reality even more true.

cmdacos

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry you had a bad experience with a Samsung device however your complaints here are not really reality any more based on the feedback from newer devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro