Old Dog - New iPhone 6s Plus

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all.

After many ears with Windows Phones and most recently with Android, I have finally dipped into the iPhone world. All my family and many of my friends are iPhone users. I'm the only holdout; until now.

I'm 71, professed smart phone semi geek. I'm a user and not a techie so be gentle with your comments.

This post is to ask for help and suggestions on reading and viewing to learn as much as I can about my new toy and OS as I can before it arrives in a few days. I'm thicked skin but I do hold grudges so keep that in mind.

If you troll Windows Central and Android Central, you will see Aximtreo as a regular poster. I mostly try to provide help but I can be sarcastic as well.

All that said, thanks for allowing me in here and thanks for all the help I know I will need.

By the way, I have forsale a Microsoft Lumia 950xl and a Nexus 6 that I will be posting in the next week or so.

:laughing:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Old Dong - New iPhone 6s Plus

Welcome to iMore. Please be sure to read the iMore Marketplace Rules and Guidelines before posting your items.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Old Dong - New iPhone 6s Plus

Welcome to iMore. Please be sure to read the iMore Marketplace Rules and Guidelines before posting your items.

Yeah, I know. The rules are the same as WC and AC. I've sold both of those places. Didn't intend to post as for sale; just that they might be soon. thanks for the headsup.

paulxxwall

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
While on windows central I do remember your tag. Fortunately left them about a year ago. Windows phones went completely down hill.
iOS is light years better!

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know. The rules are the same as WC and AC. I've sold both of those places. Didn't intend to post as for sale; just that they might be soon. thanks for the headsup.

While on windows central I do remember your tag. Fortunately left them about a year ago. Windows phones went completely down hill.
iOS is light years better!

Really hard to give up on WP but if Microsoft doesn't care, who am I to say they are wrong. A lot of my decision to buy the 6s Plus is for the Facetime app. I have a new Grand daughter and all the other family members have iPhones, hence hello bandwagon I'm sure I can overcome in the inbred dislike for all things Apple. I did for all things Android.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone point me to a link for the 6s Plus owners manual. I find a lot of technical and legal info but not nuts and bolts about how it operates.

Many thanks,

AX

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone point me to a link for the 6s Plus owners manual. I find a lot of technical and legal info but not nuts and bolts about how it operates.

Many thanks,

AX

iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.1 by Apple Inc.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iphone-user-guide-for-ios-10.1/id1134772174?mt=11&at=10l3Vy

I don't know if you live near an Apple Store but they offer free workshops for beginners up to advanced users:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2847624%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=79b00tCv

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

You'll fit in just fine with the crowd around here. Congrats on the new phone and look forward to seeing your post. Enjoy the site in the meantime. :)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Posting here to have it in my feed. Cool to see you here!

Did you share first impressions already? What storage did you get? What color?

Did you know that you don't have to use iCloud for backup? You can backup to your computer using iTunes to store your backups.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Many thanks,

AX

You can download the iPhone user guide in the iBooks app. I have that and the Apple Watch user guide and the owners manual for my Camaro! I have attached a screenshot.
ab231e73f61d65f9d2a97af4699eb5d6.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2