iPhone 7 or iPhone 6S Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcats

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, as a long term android user (for 3 years now, currently using the s7 edge) I have now decided to go back to iOS for a while, haven’t used it since the iPhone 5, but I just can’t decide between the iPhone 7 32GB and the iPhone 6s plus 64GB (don’t want to spend a lot).

My usage is pretty basic I don’t worry a lot about storage since I save most of my pics and videos on my PC/Cloud, music takes up to 5gb max + streaming services (Spotify + google play music) and most apps I install are lightweight, I am not into mobile gaming and on my android devices apps take up to 6GB (cache included).

Now my biggest concern is the battery life, I hear that the one on smaller iPhones is terrible while the Plus models offer a greater battery life. I use my phone moderately to heavily when outside or at work (mobile data on, mails & web browsing, calls, texting, music etc.) but when home my usage is pretty moderate to light. My second concern is the display, being used to a QHD I am afraid that the resolution on the regular iPhone might not look that good to me, size doesn’t matter a lot (in terms of handling).

What’s making me skeptical about the iPhone 6S Plus is how future proof the device is in terms of performance and possible resale value when it’s time to upgrade to the next 2017 iPhone.

Obviously the 7 is more future proof and it could be good enough for me if the battery can last 12h per day at least, I always charge my phone on a daily basis before sleep anyway because I need it at full capacity in the morning.

Finally, what I am looking for the most is experiencing iOS and taking a break from android for a while, who knows! Might end up using iPhones for longer than expected. Any advice based on your personal experience or knowledge is very helpful, which one should I get and why?

Thank you !
Tags: toyota yaris 2017, gia xe hd700, xe toyota vios 2017

Last edited:

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site
The battery on my 6S+ has been nothing short of extraordinary. I consider myself a fairly heavy user: a couple of games, podcasts, emails/social media postings, general surfing, etc. I usually unplug the phone around 6 am and when I go to bed after a typical day, around 11 pm, I still have around 40% battery left. As for "future proof", this phone should be well supported for several more years, and iPhones generally retain their resell value for a much longer time than other devices.

clownin7292

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm a longtime android user and just switched last night from a Samsung s7 edge. Just grabbed the 6s plus. It's quite a bit different but looking forward to the change. Most importantly the battery life. It hasn't been stellar so far but after it settles in will be the real test.

for3nsicguy

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been an Android user for 7 years and switched to an iPhone 6S+ about a month ago. I came from using Nexus and Motorola phones and have had qHD displays on my last 3 Androids. The 6S+ display is excellent and I don't miss qHD at all. I am coming from a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 which had a huge battery even by Android standards and the battery life on the 6S+ is noticeably better.

If you are worried about software support, don't. My work phone is a 2013 iPhone 5c that got the iOS 10 update the same day as the 6S+. That is on a 3+ year old device that was mid range when it was released. Granted, it's not as smooth as the 6S+, but certainly functional.

As far as the iOS experience from a long time Android users perspective, It has been overwhelmingly positive. I have caught myself thinking "So this is how a mobile operating system is supposed to work" a number of times.

I went with the 6S+ because I thought it was a better value and was, in my opinion, 95% of the iPhone 7. The extra cost for the 7 just wasn't worth the gain to me. I have a excellent device that has been a great jumping off point to experience iOS and I'm set up to upgrade to whatever Apple releases next year.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've been a long time iOS user and part time Android user (currently have a Moto X Play (2015) and Galaxy S7). I picked up a 6s Plus the other day instead of getting/waiting for the 7. I'm not concerned about future proofing; Apple has been good about supporting devices with OS updates, and I'll probably be getting a new phone in 2 years anyway. I expect the 6s Plus to get *at least* 2 more iOS versions beyond 10.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm a longtime android user and just switched last night from a Samsung s7 edge. Just grabbed the 6s plus. It's quite a bit different but looking forward to the change. Most importantly the battery life. It hasn't been stellar so far but after it settles in will be the real test.

I just came from the Nexus 6; 6sPlus arrives this week. How different do you find it. What particular things are you finding very different. PM me if you prefer not to post here. Thanks.

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I would definitely recommend you to go with the iPhone 7! First of all, because it offers many more features like water resistance and a better camera being just one of them! Also the iPhone 7 in my opinion looks more aesthetically pleasing ! Glad to help

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If cost is really a concern I would go with the 6S Plus. It is will be supported by Apple for several more OS releases. The performance difference isn't that noticeable. The only real feature you miss is the dual lens camera on the 7 Plus. I have the 7 Plus myself (upgraded from a 6) but it was more expensive (especially as I got the 256 GB model).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like my 6s Plus. I'll keep it at least until next September. I might even buy a new battery and keep it until September of '18. Depends on what is offered new in '17.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I like my 6s Plus. I'll keep it at least until next September. I might even buy a new battery and keep it until September of '18. Depends on what is offered new in '17.

Same here. Pretty happy with the 6s Plus, looking forward to what Apple has to offer next year.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer in '17 also. Doesn't mean I won't get an itchy finger and pull the trigger on a 7 Plus though. **sigh** I think I need professional help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro