Weather app?

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I use Weather Underground. It works well, has a nice interface, and has proven to be accurate (well, as accurate as they get, still not perfect).

One thing I really like about Weather Underground is you can set up "Smart Forcasts", with weather parameters (other apps might have this too, not sure). For example, I have a custom profile set up for sailing. I tell WU the parameters for good sailing weather (temperature range, wind speed range/direction, chance of rain, etc), and it makes a graph that shows the best and worst times to go sailing, based on my preferred conditions. You can set them up for running, cycling, whatever you want. It creates an easy-to-read graph, so I don't have to look at 4-5 different areas of the app to figure out if conditions will be good enough. Tall bar on the graph = go sailing, short/no bar = stay home.

IMG_7935.PNG

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I prefer Weather Mate because it a free weather app for iPhone/iPad and it provides accurate forecast without a delay. It has a satellite/ radar Map, travel planner, NWS radio and a collection of widgets/themes to customize the home screen. I recommend that you install this app and check its features yourself...

I seem to have become a collector of Weather Apps and am downloading Weather Mate right now... Will let you know after I've checked it out! :D

eyzae

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Based on some of the comments in this thread, I installed Storm, and so far it's great. I love how smooth the radar forecast moves (the clouds don't seem choppy as it goes through the future time).

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Old habits are hard to break. I used Weather Bug on WP & Android and I was happy to see it available for my upcoming 6s+. I'll probably try some of those mentioned here but I know Weather Bug so familiarity breeds contentment.