New to Apple

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello forum

I'm a new proud owner of an iPhone 6s plus after 7 years with android . Still have my trustee Nexus 6 but never owned an iPhone. It's a pretty sweet device.

My question is , my phone cones with iOS 9 and I'm tempted to upgrade to iOS 10. I've read some issues with it so need some guidance. What's the collective opinion? To upgrade or not upgrade that's the question ?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and Congratulations on your new iPhone. I suggest upgrading to the newest iOS to experience the full benefits of your iPhone. ENJOY the site.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore forums and I hope you continue to enjoy your iPhone.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The "fix" for the concerns you may be having was released so you should be able to just download 10.0.2 and skip 10.0.1 altogether.

It's entirely up to you!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I also recently came to Apple from a long run with android. My phone came with nine, and there were several things I wasn't liking. I found that iOS 10 made the transition much easier.

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all for your advise. I upgraded, so far so good.

Just one other question. Its regarding the home button. When i press it it make a crunchy unpleasant sound! its especially bad when i double press to get to task manager! is it supposed to sound like that or do I have a defective device? I am still within my 14 days so I could easily exchanged it if you all think its defective.
Thank you again.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I think it should be clicky sound. Go to local store and check how the home button sounds on one of the other units.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I think it should be clicky sound. Go to local store and check how the home button sounds on one of the other units.

This is one of the many beauties of Apple. I'm also new to Apple as of Friday, and have a dead pixel. Every single carrier store is out of stock, so I thought I was SOL. Come to find out, the Apple Store will just replace my screen for free, right then and there!! I also just purchased the Apple Watch S1 42mm space gray and LOVE it. I'm not a runner, so I don't need GPS on the watch itself. I got it for $260 new from Apple, so I thought it was a great buy. Very happy with my new setup.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on doing the switch like I did. iOS 10 works well and I would echo the recommendations to update.

My 6S Plus is working great under iOS 10

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I too am back with iOS with an iPhone 6S Plus that I bought two days ago. I've owned one before so I knew what I would get. Though iOS 10 is new to me and has made the phone feel even better now. I am keeping my Androids too though I like both systems =)

mac_stang

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple has a warranty program second to none, give it a few days to see if the sound gets better, within the first year, any issues you take it in for(except damage etc) Apple usually just hands you a brand new phone. My first iPhone was a carrier subsidized 5s, twice I took it to the local Apple Store with a concern over the ear piece while using it on a loud job site, and both times they just handed me a new one! If you have Apple care plus, this warranty is two years and you have damage insurance you can use twice!

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Just a quick update on the home button issue , it was definitely faulty and I checked my friends iPhone and it was really nice and clicky.

Took the phone back to Apple Store, very good customer service and offered me an exchange for a new iPhone or full refund .

I opted to exchange it, and couldn't be happier with my choice . The is what a smartphone meant to work and feel like .

Thank you all for your help.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Only issue Ive ever had on an iPhone was with my first, which was the 5s. One day I got a notification for an iOS update. I updated it right away. Somewhere along the line, the update botched and bricked my phone. I took it to my local Apple store, they played and messed with it trying to restore it but they couldnt. Thats when they just up and replaced the whole unit at no cost. Apple has excellent customer service.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update on the home button issue , it was definitely faulty and I checked my friends iPhone and it was really nice and clicky.

Took the phone back to Apple Store, very good customer service and offered me an exchange for a new iPhone or full refund .

I opted to exchange it, and couldn't be happier with my choice . The is what a smartphone meant to work and feel like .

Thank you all for your help.

Congrats on your new iPhone and welcome! Hope you enjoy your experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73