This thing is gargantuan!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Prior to the 6S Plus being released, I wanted a larger phone. At the time I was using a gold 5S. Once the Plus was avail I went to an Apple store on a few occasions and came to the conclusion the plus wasn't for me at that time. About 5 months later the hubby & I were both at Verizon getting the 6S Plus. I guess I just needed a few months to mull things over. Once I had that gem in my hot little hands it was love at first touch. I never looked back and adjusted to the size within the first week of having it. I would never go back to a smaller device, and I'm a petite person (standing at a tall 4'-11" lol) I love having a big phone

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought my 6 Plus was huge at first. Now it seems totally normal and my husbands 5C screen seems super tiny to me now. I can never go back to a small screen again. Nope.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Picked up the 6S+ today (had a 6) and it is HUGE. The extra real estate is nice, but I don't know if I will like the size.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get used to it. I like it, especially 3D Touch, just don't know about its behemoth physique!
I?ve been using the ?Plus? versions of the iPhone since the 6 and the size has never been an issue. I?ve never even bothered with that Reachability crap feature.

But if you have smallish hands and are set on one-handed use then you might benefit from it.

iMore published an article on how to use it: How to use the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus one-handed with Reachability | iMore

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is, but once I got use to it...I couldn't imagine going back to a smaller screen. I went from a 5s to a 6 Plus and now the 6s Plus. My aging eyes are very pleased

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes it is, but once I got use to it...I couldn't imagine going back to a smaller screen. I went from a 5s to a 6 Plus and now the 6s Plus. My aging eyes are very pleased

I agree. I have used both the last month, sure 6S plus is bigger, but the extras are hard to knock back, i still have the 6S but will sell it.
Bigger nicer screen and a 2 day battery is great, much nicer phone for everything i use it for on the bigger screen, the plus is better to type on for me too. It also means on around town trips i can leave my iPad air 2 at home and just take it on away trips.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
It only took me a few days to get used to the 6S plus.. I love the big screen but there are times when I would like a smaller phone to fit in my pocket while I'm at work running around the office listening to my music, but I would never change my mind on my 6S plus it's the perfect phone for me ❤️❤️❤️

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Almost got the Plus when I got my 6s and couldn't do it. I think I'm ready for it with the next phone, we'll see. The size I wasn't sure about so I didn't do it, but probably should have and just tried to get used to it.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Just installed a ZAGG HDX screen protector (I went through at least four glass versions on my 6 and only one hdx) WITHOUT any dust underneath or bubbles.

I think that's a sign I made the right call!

Last edited:

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I also swapped my iPhone 6 for a 6S Plus, and although it was tough getting used to it, you eventually do get used to it. Now it feels "normal" and when i pick up a 6 i know i wouldn't go back. The 6S Plus is almost a perfect phone.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
One trick that made things MUCH easier for me and my stubby fingers was the double touch of the home button. It slides the screen down so you can reach the top of the screen without adjusting/contorting your grip on the phone.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
My 6s+ is actually my small phone. My Nokia Lumia 1520 dwarves my 6s+. I mentioned how small my 6s+ felt and looked in my hands and my girlfriend just looked at me like I was nuts, lol.