Almost switched but for the gods

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
So i currently have an iPhone 6Splus. I have a few friends who have androids and one just got the new note 7. I figured today why not upgrade and if I don't like it I'll return it. Cue the story. Ordered online for in store pick up. Decided to go get it about an hour before the store closed. Every thing was good to go, receipt in hand, prepaid. Should have been able to just walk in and walk out. Definitely not the case. My account was strangely locked out. They couldn't process the order. Verizon account services couldn't see any thing wrong, they also said everything was good to go on there end. The gentleman at the store and the lady from account service worked for about an hour trying to come up with a solution. I was going to just cancel the order from my account and buy it in the store but they couldn't do that either. Said I would have to wait a few days. Ended up unlocking my account and I just had them cancel the order. Decided today was not the day for me.

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep, definitely a sign! My sister made that mistake last year and got a S6, she hates it and can't wait to switch back.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking note 7, i have had a S5 and few other HTC/Motorolla but don't usually last long and back to a iphone, especially as i have a 5K iMac and air 2 now, anyway yesterday i saw a S7 Edge Gold 3 days old and bought it for $450 nothing too lose, thought i would try it and if i liked it grab a note 7 and sell the edge, beautiful looking and nice to hold phone but:

Colours over saturated people claim iOS is cartoonish, hello.
Slippery as hell no way i could use without a UAG type case.
Not as smooth as my 6S, fast but not smooth, did all the tricks and tried Nova.
Don't like the email and message apps.
Didn't mind the edge screen but after my 6S was still too big for me.

Put the S7E on eBay last night and sold for $850 this morning.

Just came back after trying the Note 7, didn't feel much different to me, different style icons and is bigger again than the 7E, same fast but not smooth.

So will be sticking with my 6S, games are over, made a tidy profit though, thanks Samsung :)

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
So here's a quick update. Verizon never really cancelled my order. My note 7 actually came in Saturday. I decided what the hell and am trying it out. It actually has some very good features and qualities that i really like. Also has some negatives. Overall I am on the fence about returning it.

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
So here's a quick update. Verizon never really cancelled my order. My note 7 actually came in Saturday. I decided what the hell and am trying it out. It actually has some very good features and qualities that i really like. Also has some negatives. Overall I am on the fence about returning it.

I would definitely try it out while the return window is still open! Good luck with your decision!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I love making the switch and playing with new phones and I will even throw my SIM in an Android for a few days just for something new. But the thought of actually not owning an Iphone scares me. I rely so much on the phone and ecosystem. My entire family is Apple and my digital life depends on it

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I love making the switch and playing with new phones and I will even throw my SIM in an Android for a few days just for something new. But the thought of actually not owning an Iphone scares me. I rely so much on the phone and ecosystem. My entire family is Apple and my digital life depends on it

When Apple announced iMessage I thought it would never catch on. We already had sms, why would we need another messaging service. I see now that iMessage and FaceTime were both brilliant marketing moves. Once you get locked in to them and everyone you know also uses them you're pretty much stuck.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I like playing around with Android but I always find myself coming back to iphone. Personally its the amazing battery, touch ID and apple pay (Samsung pay is not available in canada).

Mister Tibbs

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I switched to an android back when I had the iPhone 3 and 3G. I had the POS Android for only 3 weeks and I was just beside myself. I hated that phone with a passion. I almost put a 9mm slug into it but thought again and decided not to do that. AT&T was happy to take it back and let me upgrade to the iPhone 4s. I'm a happy owner of a iPhone 6s+ 128gb. I'm planning on holding on to this version for awhile.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Enter dramatic voice cue:
No one in his right mind would switch from Apple to Samsung.

I agree, but I must admit that I am looking for a viable Android option, should Apple become more trouble than it's worth.
I would never consider Samsung, been there, done that, it sucked and I learned the hard way.
But the marketing nonsense Apple has been using to generate profit is quickly getting the best of me.
I love Apple products, they do everything I need, nothing I don't, they work.
Gorgeous high end tech, I don't deny that.
But since I pay first and foremost for convenience, I won't hesitate to jump ship if need be: I don't jump through hoops for anyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR