Texting other iPhone users with SMS.

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I plan on buying an iPhone and never activate iMessage as I will swap between my S7 Edge and iPhone. Can I still text my family members with iPhones without iMessage activated?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I do it all the time. Since I switch, I never turn it on and my iPhone buddies get the messages just fine.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
why do you need to do that ? my messaging app does iMessage and SMS according to what type of phone is on the receiving end without a hitch,always.

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
why do you need to do that ? my messaging app does iMessage and SMS according to what type of phone is on the receiving end without a hitch,always.

so you don't link your phone number with your Apple ID. If it is and you switch back to android your friends with an iPhone won't get your texts. Then you have to go through the process to unlink it and it's kind of a PITA

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ahh ! so this happens if you use two phones on different systems and flop back and forth between systems. I'm glad to say I don't suffer from that particular malady, I have seen the confusion that comes from multiple device syndrome, a medic I knew could have up to 3 phones and multiple dedicated pagers with him at any time !

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
When you send a message from your iPhone you can always choose if you want to send it as iMessage or SMS. For none iphone users it will automatically send an sms.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro