Note 7

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Even if you are a hater of Android, it is important that they continue to be successful. They need to keep the pressure on Apple to continue to innovate and improve their products. Competition drives all businesses and Blackberry and Windows are not much of a threat these days

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Even if you are a hater of Android, it is important that they continue to be successful. They need to keep the pressure on Apple to continue to innovate and improve their products. Competition drives all businesses and Blackberry and Windows are not much of a threat these days

Exactly. Samsung needs to be successful. It wouldn't hurt for some of these Chinese OEMs to be successful, too. That would put pressure on Sammy and Apple. Competition is good for the consumer. We NEED competition.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well as it turns out, you made a GREAT decision. There was a reason why the Note 7 battery was crap and getting HOT, and now all of the consumers that purchased the Note 7 have to wait 3/4 weeks for this to be corrected.
It makes me wonder about the people that purchased the Note 7 and said how wonderful the battery is/was...Humm

I'm thinking it might just be a batch of bad batteries. My dads friend had the 7 as well and it doesn't get hot like mine did. He also doesn't use it nearly as much as I use a phone so his battery will get him through the day. Either way Samsung needs to rectify this issue fast.

On a side note (no pun intended) it was a great phone. But ultimately my family is invested way too much in the iOS ecosystem. Between my MBP and iPad, my wife's iMac and iPad as well as my daughters iPhone it only makes since to stay here.

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine is great, and my iPhone 6 Plus used to get hotter watching Directv then when using my Note 7 but Samsung is doing the right thing and leaving nobody out of the recall. Oh and mine didn't get hot using either the charging pads or being plugged in

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Well as it turns out, you made a GREAT decision. There was a reason why the Note 7 battery was crap and getting HOT, and now all of the consumers that purchased the Note 7 have to wait 3/4 weeks for this to be corrected.
It makes me wonder about the people that purchased the Note 7 and said how wonderful the battery is/was...Humm

I also sent mine back. The battery life was crap. I didn't think anything about the warmth I thought that was just from wireless charging and use. Good thing i sent it back after a week.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm one caught in the recall. I'm SO GLAD I haven't sent off my iPhone 6s+ as per my JUMP upgrade agreement. I'm taking my Note 7 to T-Mo tonight to return it and going back to the iPhone. I've LOVED my Note 7 while I had it. Battery as been fairly on par with the iPhone, and the screen is amazing. However, those who say that the iOS apps are superior to their Android counterparts aren't joking! I am looking forward to the iOS app experience again. I'm like 90% sure I'll be going back to the Note once the new devices are issued...but now I'll be a "free agent" when the new iPhones will be announced....so who knows.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

I have the 6s plus and had the n7 sent it back today. My n7 was probably the coolest running android phone I've tried in a long time. I was getting good battery life. 5.5 to 6 hours sot. Decided to send it back today with the recall issue and wait and see what apple is going to announce. If it looks like the camera is much improved on the iPhone 7 I will just stick with apple.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm one caught in the recall. I'm SO GLAD I haven't sent off my iPhone 6s+ as per my JUMP upgrade agreement. I'm taking my Note 7 to T-Mo tonight to return it and going back to the iPhone. I've LOVED my Note 7 while I had it. Battery as been fairly on par with the iPhone, and the screen is amazing. However, those who say that the iOS apps are superior to their Android counterparts aren't joking! I am looking forward to the iOS app experience again. I'm like 90% sure I'll be going back to the Note once the new devices are issued...but now I'll be a "free agent" when the new iPhones will be announced....so who knows.

I think in the long run it's great for consumers. People will be able to see what apple rolls out or pick up the note 7 again after they are fixed. It's probably the worst case scenario for Samsung with the iPhone announcement next week. I just wonder how many customers they will turn off from this.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 7 as well. It was a good phone. I was one of the un lucky ones who developed scratches on my phone. Not sure how as I baby my devices. Anyway. I sent it back and glad I did especially after seeing the exploding devices albeit very slim chance of the phone exploding but enough where Samsung issued a recall.

Besides that the screen was amazing. Camera of course was great. Touch wiz wasn't bad. I actually kinda liked it. My Moto Z is better however. But I will stay with the iPhone.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I'll never forget my first ever Samsung smart phone was the Galaxy S Vibrant - the iPhone knock off I got talked into by a sales rep when they were sold out of iPhone. Nice phone...for 62 days when I got caught in the Bell Mobility/Samsung recall for faulty motherboards (mine went into a boot loop). Sent the phone to Sammy for repair in September and received it back New Years Eve - due to mother board issues and delay in parts. A bunch of us went to the CRTC and sicced Bell and the Government on them and they finally just sent us new phones, no repair.

The fact that I didn't have my new phone for MONTHS left a bad taste. And while when I got the new one it was great for another couple of years (except battery until I rommed it), that really put me off Samsung. I gave them other chances - with a Galaxy S3, S4, S6 Edge, S7. But anytime I had to deal with Samsung client care for my phones for warranty issues or for customers in the store, I never had a good experience.

I wish the Note 7 owners luck. But Samsung battery issues aren't new, and you'd think they'd fix it by now (hell I saw three or four customers S4's whose batteries exploded and it was an issue there as well...)

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a Sammy S7 Edge. As it really is a great smart phone, I do notice the stutter sometimes too. A little bit of lag. It's just the Android OS. iOS is really much smoother.
The Android OS is not full of lag. Samsung is a manufacturer that hasn't fully realized how to optimize with the features they add to the phone. If you've ever owned a Nexus device, there is no comparison. It is easy to identify Android by Samsung because the sell the most phones. Android in its purest sense is on a Nexus. This isn't to tell anyone to buy a Nexus but purely informational so people don't confuse the two. In addition to this, Samsung devices have slow animations which may seem to lag.

Now I've had iPhones that have jank or issues but I just give it up that no tech is perfect and all will have some issue. At the end of the day, we make a decision on what we're accustomed to and what we'll put up with from the tech.

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I just made the jump man was it a huge hassle they said they never encountered this issue but they are giving me the activation fee and the deposit for free due to it. But I will say this thing is very smooth. The 64 gig is a great deal look a vs reviews they are very comparable it's not always about specs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2