Note 7

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 7. The time I had it it was a great device. I got done small scratches on the back of it though. Not sure how as I test my devices with extra care. I had to return it. No real lag but my Moto Z seems much faster. I'm waiting for another 6s plus to arrive any day now. I was going to wait for the 7 buy i found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 128 GB 6s plus do I pulled the trigger.

Overall I always get the latest Android devices but always return to the iPhone. I really need to stop wasting money and stay put. But I have issues. Lol.

You and I are pretty much the same. I need to stop spending so much money on phones and just stick to one thing. I go from Android to iOS and back again. So much money just tossed in the can for accessories and buying and selling. This time I'm finding it VERY hard to leave iOS. I keep wanting to. And I keep finding every reason not to. I actually think after much consideration, I'm just staying where I am. I'll be ordering a 7 or 7 Plus next week as soon as I can.

I need to figure out a companion device now...

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
You and I are pretty much the same. I need to stop spending so much money on phones and just stick to one thing. I go from Android to iOS and back again. So much money just tossed in the can for accessories and buying and selling. This time I'm finding it VERY hard to leave iOS. I keep wanting to. And I keep finding every reason not to. I actually think after much consideration, I'm just staying where I am. I'll be ordering a 7 or 7 Plus next week as soon as I can.

I need to figure out a companion device now...

To fill my need for change, I have opted to go with many of the Midrange phones on the market today.. To fill my Android fix, I have a Samsung J7 for $149, I am going to try the Blackberry Dtek50 for $299 and I have a Moto G4+ that went for $299. I go very cheap on the cases and am finding that I can sell them very easily and continue to feed the monster what it needs without breaking the bank

My 128Gb Iphone 6S+ is still the DD and will continue to be,until I fall in love with the 7

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
To fill my need for change, I have opted to go with many of the Midrange phones on the market today.. To fill my Android fix, I have a Samsung J7 for $149, I am going to try the Blackberry Dtek50 for $299 and I have a Moto G4+ that went for $299. I go very cheap on the cases and am finding that I can sell them very easily and continue to feed the monster what it needs without breaking the bank

My 128Gb Iphone 6S+ is still the DD and will continue to be,until I fall in love with the 7

I've thought about doing pretty much the exact same thing. I'm looking into picking up a midranger in the Android world to switch to when I get that itch again. There are so many out there, that are honestly pretty good phones, that it won't be hard to find. Swappa is my friend. While I love the customization of Android and the freedom it gives you, I just can't quite pull myself away from the total package that an iPhone provides. Between the GPS being solid, Bluetooth being flawless, handoff from Wi-Fi to LTE never fails, battery life that never leaves me worried about a dead battery, camera that takes fantastic pictures and videos (and is easier to access now on iOS 10), and the service you can get from Apple and know that your phone will be backed up by them - I just can't switch back full time. Don't have the time to mess with it anymore.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Was doing the same and had an OnePlus 3 about to be ordered when a co worker looking over my shoulder offered to sell me his s7 so he can put that towards his note. So now my side Android phone is a s7 for the 400 I was about to put on a 1+3

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I am really excited about getting the BlackBerry Dtek. I want BlackBerry to survive and at $299, I will give it a shot

I've always had a soft spot for blackberry. My first smartphone was the 6710 back in 2004 I believe. It's too bad everything really boiled down to app support for blackberry and windows phone. They still make solid phones will good software, but there just isn't any support.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am a huge "phone guy" and love them all. But if someone is just a person who uses his smartphone for daily tasks and is comfortable with the Apple ecosystem, switching to Android will be a big deal. The beauty of Apple is the ease in which it works and handles your daily needs.

Not dissing the N7 but sticking with Apple is the better choice for most people who are not phone fanatics

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Apparently a couple of Note 7 exploded while charging and Samsung is holding off its shipments. This is one of the reason why I love Apple.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Cmon on guys there have been iphones that have exploded in the past. iPhone 6 explosion leaves man with third-degree burns - CNET I like both platforms and will definitely check out the iphone 7. Both Os's have their shortcomings. Like Iphone:Water Resistance Edition or Iphone:Lack of User Control File Storage Edition, think you get the point lol.
Yea but reports are coming out that it might be a defect in the battery and they'll have to recall all notes. Hope it's not true but if it is that'sdamaging to the brand.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea but reports are coming out that it might be a defect in the battery and they'll have to recall all notes. Hope it's not true but if it is that'sdamaging to the brand.

I agree. I bought a Note 7 and the battery would deplete by itself from 40%-0%. I recently got a replacement, but its definitely something going on with the battery.I will give them another chance, if its not to my liking by next week ill get the 7 plus.

sillar68

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Cmon on guys there have been iphones that have exploded in the past. iPhone 6 explosion leaves man with third-degree burns - CNET I like both platforms and will definitely check out the iphone 7. Both Os's have their shortcomings. Like Iphone:Water Resistance Edition or Iphone:Lack of User Control File Storage Edition, think you get the point lol.

Yeah, a lot of commenters on other websites have been quick to point out that it happened to a few iphones here or there, from years ago. However I haven't ever seen a major incident, where potentially an entire Flagship product line is recalled. I would implore anyone to steer clear of the Note 7 until an issue this dangerous is officially resolved.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the note 7 for a week and returned it due to battery life being absolute crap. I did notice it would get hot while charging. Didn't matter if it was plugged in or on wireless. Glad I exchanged it for my iPhone.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Shame on Samsung , but I'm so sorry about the consumers specially the ones who left Apple's iPhone for useless phones of Samsung, wrong spec and wrong tech would make it useless and can hurt your life, If you love your life and wanna stay alive without any hard you better avoid Samsung forever. Copysung...pffff

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the note 7 for a week and returned it due to battery life being absolute crap. I did notice it would get hot while charging. Didn't matter if it was plugged in or on wireless. Glad I exchanged it for my iPhone.

Well as it turns out, you made a GREAT decision. There was a reason why the Note 7 battery was crap and getting HOT, and now all of the consumers that purchased the Note 7 have to wait 3/4 weeks for this to be corrected.
It makes me wonder about the people that purchased the Note 7 and said how wonderful the battery is/was...Humm

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The note 7 might me good but I don't see me using android phones today. I really like iPhones and its operative system. It's really simple. Note7 ... I don't think so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh