Note 7

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I picked up the note 7, been using the iphone 6s plus the last 8 months. I'm on the fence about returning it or not. The screen is much better, the camera is better too. My main issue is almost every samsung I have owned got much worse with every update. The note 4 became useless after the lollipop update 4 me. The note 5 was a little better but each updates hits the battery it seems. I'll probably return it and see what the iphone 7 has and how much improvement the camera has.
You should check out my post on android central I also am on the fence. I must say the screen and camera and s pen are the only things making me wonder if i should keep it. Have you watched any qhd videos on it? My god there is no comparison.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up the Note 7 yesterday and it is an amazing phone. I usually carry two phones and I will not give up my 6S+ as my DD, but the note is a lot of fun to play with and the display is crazy good

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Guys i really don't understand what you are talking about? Note is Samsung and Samsung or Android both are so weak and useless against iOS and American iPhone..Have you seen this?

Galaxy Note 7 vs. iPhone 6s real-life speed test proves specs aren?t everything

One year old iPhone is way stronger than useless Note 7, Specs aren’t everything.

And iOS spec is optimized for Humans like you, You think apple could not make a phone with higher specs for Camera Display CPU PPi Ram....

????

Just think for a second, iPhone made for normal users and humans and that's enough! Do you think your eyes can support 1000 PPi? or 26 MP camera of Samsungs are better than your 12 MP of 6S Plus? please be technical, iPhone camera is way better than 26 unreal Camera of Samsung because it has better lens or what about Ram and CPU? if Apple makes 5 GB of Ram, it would be awesome for you? yes? You are wrong! Apple knows the best for you and knows to optimize the best hardware function with iOS without any minor issue such as slow FW lags bugs....

So What do you expect more? Think what is the best for you and use it as an End-User.

Last edited:

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
You should check out my post on android central I also am on the fence. I must say the screen and camera and s pen are the only things making me wonder if i should keep it. Have you watched any qhd videos on it? My god there is no comparison.

Without a doubt the screen is the best. I usually just watch short videos on my phone anything longer I use my iPad Pro, which has a great screen too. I do like the spen but I also use force touch a lot. I think it comes down to software. The note does have more features but let's look at the fingerprint scanner. I can use it a ton on the iPhone with most of the apps. That is not the case on android.

trandung

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
One thing people tend to forget about Android and the perceived "lack of updates" is that SOOOOO many core features in Android are updated without a major OS update. Which isn't the case at all with iOS. What I mean is, new features in apps like Gmail, Music, Calendar, Camera, etc. can all be updated pretty regularly just by updating the apps. You want those same things updated in iOS? Then you have to wait for either a point release or an entirely new OS update. Arguing updates between Apple and Android is an apples v. oranges debate. Not one in the same. Additionally, Samsung has shown, at least with the S7/S7 edge, to be on top of the monthly security updates (at least in the carrier versions). All major carrier versions are on the July update.

And I don't believe in the perceived slow down either. My wife had an S6 edge Plus that worked just as well as the day she got it. She only traded it in to get the S7 edge for the battery life boost. But I messed around with that phone, it was absolutely on par with my.

Good point. How is her battery life on the S7Edge compared to your iP6s Plus?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I watch a lot of Youtube and the Iphone is great but I think that I have to give the edge to the Note 7 as far as display

talknlearn

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I've used an iPhone before and the battery does not run out that fast. This is due to the fact that I stop background activities on my phone by double tapping and swiping up. The S7 seems to be good at battery life too but doesn't seem that reliable with the constant update requests.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Good point. How is her battery life on the S7Edge compared to your iP6s Plus?
Samsung sent me a S7 Edge recently. The battery life between the Edge and the 6s Plus is very similar. Samsung had sent me a S6 Edge + last year. That battery was horrible. But this year the S7 Edge battery is on par with the 6S Plus.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I picked up a note 7 on Friday and it's a nice device but I have found every app I install makes me turn off screen overlay before it will accept the permissions. Also having a MacBook Pro and iPad I miss the little integration pieces. So I am returning it and hopefully use my upgrade for the 7

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a note 7 on Friday and it's a nice device but I have found every app I install makes me turn off screen overlay before it will accept the permissions. Also having a MacBook Pro and iPad I miss the little integration pieces. So I am returning it and hopefully use my upgrade for the 7

That always happens to me whenever I try a new Note.