Note 7

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Anyone thinking of jumping form iPhone to the new note 7? I know the next iPhone is coming next month, we might be looking at an iPhone 6SS.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Nope, not interested. Tried the Note 3 and Note 5 and within a few months I always get back to the iPhone. A Nexus maybe, but I think I'm staying with iPhone for awhile. Been loving it ever since the 4S.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Tried the 4 and 5 and back to the iPhone each time. Now I'm just not into spending all that money to try a new phone. Will rock the 6s+ for a few years. Only upgrade I want is wireless charging. Until than I'll stay with what I got.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Tried the 4 and 5 and back to the iPhone each time. Now I'm just not into spending all that money to try a new phone. Will rock the 6s+ for a few years. Only upgrade I want is wireless charging. Until than I'll stay with what I got.

Wireless charging would be

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
The Note devices are great. Android just kills the experience. After about 2-3 months they are laggy with terrible battery life, regardless of specs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone thinking of jumping form iPhone to the new note 7? I know the next iPhone is coming next month, we might be looking at an iPhone 6SS.

No. the next smartphone I will get will be the next iPhone Plus version. Having said that, the Note 7 looks awesome and it's specs are great, but I like iOS way too much to give it up for Android.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Still looking to remain with the iPhone range. However, I'll more than likely need to test the Note 7, just for me (being in IT, and all that).
To be honest, as sad as it may be, all I want now from iOS, is the option to have a transparent dock! Honestly, it that too much to ask for?

And no, I shouldn't need to jailbreak, just to have that...

Keith Morris

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Sticking with iOS so I'll be getting the 7.
Had a Note 4 but Samsung ruined it with buggy updates.
Got tired of flashing custom ROMS, so bought an iPhone 6 64gb and it's ran like a champ ever since! 😃

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am not going to try it. I am playing with a Galaxy S7E right now and it is an amazing phone, but I can't see it as my daily driver for long. My 6S+ is the best phone that I have ever owned and will only get rid of it when the 7 comes out.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am selling my 6SP. Currently using the Galaxy S7E. I am very impressed so far. Lightning fast focusing camera and IP68 too. The Note looks awesome! If I didn't plan on keeping the iPad 9.7 Pro... I would have gotten the Note 7.

As a tech fan... I am glad to see Samsung stepping up their game and pushing Apple. Looking forward to see how Apple pushes back next month. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

iPhone still wins it for me. While the Note 7 is a lovely device and i would use it in a heart beat, but of i had the choice between the iPhone 7 and the Note 7. The iPhone takes it for me...especially with that Dual camera. Apple doesn't aways do things first, but when they do something, its of the highest quality.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Still looking to remain with the iPhone range. However, I'll more than likely need to test the Note 7, just for me (being in IT, and all that).
To be honest, as sad as it may be, all I want now from iOS, is the option to have a transparent dock! Honestly, it that too much to ask for?

And no, I shouldn't need to jailbreak, just to have that...

I'm definitely with you on the transparent homescreen dock or even a option in settings to remove it all together.
I will be staying with Apple and the iPhone. Not really interested in the Note 7.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
The Note devices are great. Android just kills the experience. After about 2-3 months they are laggy with terrible battery life, regardless of specs.

This. When an Android update is good, it's really good/smooth/fast. The problem is, it seems like this only occurs every OTHER update or so. In between, they are a buggy mess with slow/choppy speed.

The other problem is Samsung. They continue to try and fragment the Android community because they desperately want to be Apple in that they want control over not only the hardware but also the OS. So they add their own app store, pay system, account system and interface instead of trying to unify with Android. All this does is add useless bloat to a phone that also has useless bloat from your carrier that you can't remove unless you root... if root is ever achieved for that device.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This. When an Android update is good, it's really good/smooth/fast. The problem is, it seems like this only occurs every OTHER update or so. In between, they are a buggy mess with slow/choppy speed.

The other problem is Samsung. They continue to try and fragment the Android community because they desperately want to be Apple in that they want control over not only the hardware but also the OS. So they add their own app store, pay system, account system and interface instead of trying to unify with Android. All this does is add useless bloat to a phone that also has useless bloat from your carrier that you can't remove unless you root... if root is ever achieved for that device.

Samsung Pay > Google Pay

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Pay > Google Pay

Yes, you're right. I'd argue that Samsung Pay is the best mobile payment system right now. It's probably one of the only things I'll miss from Samsung. There were plenty of times I whipped out my S7E at checkout and the cashier was like "oh no, Apple Pay doesn't work here yet.." then stared at me like I just hacked their payment terminal after it processed.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you're right. I'd argue that Samsung Pay is the best mobile payment system right now.

Having used Apple Pay since it became available... there is no argument IMO. SP is the best. The only caveat is AP being available on apple watch. The S2 has it in beta on the non 3G watch.

I was absolutely stunned when I was able to use Samsung Pay on a terminal that was not NFC enabled (swipe only). Voodoo I tell you... Voodoo.

ChrisS9938

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm a ways from an upgrade, but I am looking outside of Apple for the fist time in a long long time. I came to Apple for stability, but I won't stay to pay a premium for last decades phone.

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about switching. It is just that the Iphone is falling behind. Am I wrong? Look the display is better on the note 7, More GB for the money, waterproof (nice to have), better camera, spen a plus and not to mention the gear VR and other things.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR