Note 7

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I just switched to the Note 7 and it is NOT a nightmare - same apps as I had on my iPhone 6 Plus and I am very glad I went back. Have not tried the S-Pen yet but looking forward to it. Oh and last time I checked the iPhones were not made in America either.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I had the note 7 up until today actually. We both preordered and they were delivered to us on the 18th of last week. She had me return hers this morning. And about an hour later I retuned mine.

A few things about that... Her primary reason to return was that with our household full of Apple products, introducing a non-Apple device that didn't communicate seamlessly was too annoying for her. However I did agree to an extent with her, however, I was a little more forgiving.

My main reason was that after a week and with less than 50 apps on there, it started to lag and stutter. I changed out the launcher to Nova and that helped a little but not a lot. I also used package disabler to shut down bloatware but again, that yielded small results.

2 games I play a lot were terrible on the a note 7. I play a lot of Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy Quest for Stuff. On the Note 7, the lag was so bad and "stuttery" that I simply gave up playing on it and defaulted to my iPad Pro 12 inch. That's utterly embarrassing.

When doing a lot on the Note 7, it starts to get really bogged down. Yesterday morning I started app updates via the google play store and there were about 16 updates. When I selected update all, I started to carry on with my normal usage... And the lag kicked in almost immediately. I basically had to stop using the device for about 10 minutes until it was caught up and everything was downloaded and updated. Also embarrassing...

I know there is a speed comparison video comparing the iPhone 6 against the a note 7 and I decided to do my own real word test yesterday night. 9 out 10, the iPhone beat out the Note 7. And seriously, not a single moment of lag or stutter on the iPhone. On the Note? You bet.

So this morning I returned my wife's Note 7 and she went back to her SE. As I was driving home, I just had this feeling that I should get my return in before the window closed and I was stuck. I hadn't yet sent in my Jump trade in so when I got home, I gave it more though and ultimately set up my return as well.

I really try to like android and give it a go but it lets me down almost every single time. I can only imagine what the performance would be like 3-4 months in on that phone. With that said, I'm back to my iPhone 6S+ and will trade it in instead for the upcoming 7+.

Android has a good way of luring you in with all these awesome features. And then you sober up and the beer goggles come off and you've woken up next to a butterface.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I was tempted to swap my 6S as it was only a 16gb and wanting a bigger screen for a Note 7, but $1349 here, I found a 1 day old 6S plus 64gb for $700 new price $1379, so that killed that idea �� Sold my 6S for $670, happy days till the 7 anyway.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
the smart thing samsung did is using edge style , that makes the phone sick and sexy

about the system , it is just android , if you get used to it , you will be fine to go

Yet it still lags no matter what hardware is put in there. I'm very well versed with android but won't put up with that when the optimization still fails with stellar horsepower.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I had the note 7 up until today actually. We both preordered and they were delivered to us on the 18th of last week. She had me return hers this morning. And about an hour later I retuned mine.

A few things about that... Her primary reason to return was that with our household full of Apple products, introducing a non-Apple device that didn't communicate seamlessly was too annoying for her. However I did agree to an extent with her, however, I was a little more forgiving.

My main reason was that after a week and with less than 50 apps on there, it started to lag and stutter. I changed out the launcher to Nova and that helped a little but not a lot. I also used package disabler to shut down bloatware but again, that yielded small results.

2 games I play a lot were terrible on the a note 7. I play a lot of Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy Quest for Stuff. On the Note 7, the lag was so bad and "stuttery" that I simply gave up playing on it and defaulted to my iPad Pro 12 inch. That's utterly embarrassing.

When doing a lot on the Note 7, it starts to get really bogged down. Yesterday morning I started app updates via the google play store and there were about 16 updates. When I selected update all, I started to carry on with my normal usage... And the lag kicked in almost immediately. I basically had to stop using the device for about 10 minutes until it was caught up and everything was downloaded and updated. Also embarrassing...

I know there is a speed comparison video comparing the iPhone 6 against the a note 7 and I decided to do my own real word test yesterday night. 9 out 10, the iPhone beat out the Note 7. And seriously, not a single moment of lag or stutter on the iPhone. On the Note? You bet.

So this morning I returned my wife's Note 7 and she went back to her SE. As I was driving home, I just had this feeling that I should get my return in before the window closed and I was stuck. I hadn't yet sent in my Jump trade in so when I got home, I gave it more though and ultimately set up my return as well.

I really try to like android and give it a go but it lets me down almost every single time. I can only imagine what the performance would be like 3-4 months in on that phone. With that said, I'm back to my iPhone 6S+ and will trade it in instead for the upcoming 7+.

Android has a good way of luring you in with all these awesome features. And then you sober up and the beer goggles come off and you've woken up next to a butterface.

Very thorough post. Thank You .

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I have a Sammy S7 Edge. As it really is a great smart phone, I do notice the stutter sometimes too. A little bit of lag. It's just the Android OS. iOS is really much smoother.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sammy S7 Edge. As it really is a great smart phone, I do notice the stutter sometimes too. A little bit of lag. It's just the Android OS. iOS is really much smoother.
It's TouchWiz not android. I haven't seen a nexus 6p or oneplus 3 lag at all. I'm using a S7 and no lag in a week and I'm using tw although nova is a bit more smooth. I hope not to see this lag as long as I'm using this s7

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
It's TouchWiz not android. I haven't seen a nexus 6p or oneplus 3 lag at all. I'm using a S7 and no lag in a week and I'm using tw although nova is a bit more smooth. I hope not to see this lag as long as I'm using this s7

No it's android. Touchwiz doesn't help the problem. I've had Nexus devices too and although not as immediate as Galaxy, lag sets in. My dusty 5S performs great with zero lag it's old as heck. I look forward to a day where Android really takes this problem serious and starts focusing on optimization as much as Apple does.

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Note 7 since Monday and have seen no signs of lag, it paired with my car easier than any of the Apple iPhones I have had, today I went to pick up lunch and used Samsung Pay, got $20.00 back so far only one of my previous apps will not cooperate but I see others saying that Punchcard has not been working for them either so I cannot complain. Wireless charging has been fast, screen is amazing.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Note 7 since Monday and have seen no signs of lag, it paired with my car easier than any of the Apple iPhones I have had, today I went to pick up lunch and used Samsung Pay, got $20.00 back so far only one of my previous apps will not cooperate but I see others saying that Punchcard has not been working for them either so I cannot complain. Wireless charging has been fast, screen is amazing.

Samsung pay is very cool. I used it last night on an old terminal and the guy looked at me crazy and said did you just use your phone and it worked. I'm still on the fence. I'm worried about Samsung updates not how long they will take but what they will do to the phone. My note 4 went to crap after lollipop. The apps on my 6s plus are so much nicer and smoother and seem to always function better and have better system integration and use Touch ID much more often then the same apps on the note 7.

Tech_User16

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Guys i really don't understand what you are talking about? Note is Samsung and Samsung or Android both are so weak and useless against iOS and American iPhone..Have you seen this?

Galaxy Note 7 vs. iPhone 6s real-life speed test proves specs aren?t everything

One year old iPhone is way stronger than useless Note 7, Specs aren?t everything.

And iOS spec is optimized for Humans like you, You think apple could not make a phone with higher specs for Camera Display CPU PPi Ram....

????

Just think for a second, iPhone made for normal users and humans and that's enough! Do you think your eyes can support 1000 PPi? or 26 MP camera of Samsungs are better than your 12 MP of 6S Plus? please be technical, iPhone camera is way better than 26 unreal Camera of Samsung because it has better lens or what about Ram and CPU? if Apple makes 5 GB of Ram, it would be awesome for you? yes? You are wrong! Apple knows the best for you and knows to optimize the best hardware function with iOS without any minor issue such as slow FW lags bugs....

So What do you expect more? Think what is the best for you and use it as an End-User.
LOL. Funny and sad.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Note 7 for about a week and am loving it. It is like the hot girl that you finally ask on a date.

You know you want to try it, you know she isn't your type, she has great numbers, and the first few days are amazing, but once the fog clears and you realize that you are looking for someone to spend everyday with, you want to go back to the girl that has always treated you well, takes care of all your needs and can be counted on.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Note 7 for about a week and am loving it. It is like the hot girl that you finally ask on a date.

You know you want to try it, you know she isn't your type, she has great numbers, and the first few days are amazing, but once the fog clears and you realize that you are looking for someone to spend everyday with, you want to go back to the girl that has always treated you well, takes care of all your needs and can be counted on.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
You should make halmark cards lol

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I switched to the N7 from my 6+ a week ago now. Great phone. It wasn't my first note. I had the N4 and loved it. The screen is beautiful and I didn't really experience any lag. It's a good looking phone. My wife and daughter still have iPhones and iPads but I was able to find ways to integrate our calendars with iCal. My only drawback is the battery. Man this N7 eats battery power like crazy! Using it the same as my iPhone my battery will be down to 40% by noon. The iPhone would only be down to 70% +\-. For me this is unacceptable. I tired a FDR and looked for rogue apps but it's still the same. If I had a cushy desk job I would say it's acceptable since I could just keep it on the charger but I work outdoors and don't have a lot of room for an extra external battery. So.... It's going back and I'll get another iPhone. At least the N4 had a removable battery. If this one had a removable battery I would probably keep it. Don't get me wrong though. The N7 is a beast of a phone. Samsung has come a long way with Touchwiz. I actually don't mind it. I have no brand loyalty or OS loyalty. I just want something that works.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Not the case any longer. Software on Android is great now. Samsung newest OS customizations aren't crap anymore. My wife just got the note 7 and lovers it. I have a nexus 6p and have no slowdowns after 6 months and I'm on the beta of the newest OS. I think if you haven't got there recent top end Samsung on Nexus then you have old experiences that aren't current.

I would agree. HTC really soured me on Android if I had gone back to Samsung, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

My personal preference is still Windows Mobile though. I think that Microsoft has the superior OS. It has the stability and consistency that iOS has with the customization of Android. Securitywise it is more secure than both iOS and Android. Cortana is better than Google Now and Siri when it comes to actual capabilities. Though Google's search engine is better (but not by much) than Bing.

I just wish Microsoft could get developers on board. Certain apps I use regularly are not on Microsoft's store. Like a banking app for my credit union. That is the true app gap that Microsoft has.

If I go back to Android, the Note 7 or the S7 would be my first choices.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 7. The time I had it it was a great device. I got done small scratches on the back of it though. Not sure how as I test my devices with extra care. I had to return it. No real lag but my Moto Z seems much faster. I'm waiting for another 6s plus to arrive any day now. I was going to wait for the 7 buy i found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 128 GB 6s plus do I pulled the trigger.

Overall I always get the latest Android devices but always return to the iPhone. I really need to stop wasting money and stay put. But I have issues. Lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro