• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Rhinoshield crash-guard iPhone 6s Plus

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
What have been your experience with this bumper case? Is it worth it, does it really fall apart, and can it really withstand a 11' drop?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I actually haven't seen anyone with that case on here (could be wrong though), have you tried the search option to see if anyone has mentioned it?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had one some time back, I never tested the max limit on the case. I actually stopped using it because it's a bumper. I thought I wanted one, however it just ended up being more annoying than anything for me.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I would like to get one with a D brand skin on the back. Amazon reviews show a bunch of these that fall apart after a few months of use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Withstanding an 11' drop is dependant on the angle it hits. It may or may not. That kind of claim is silly. They don't tell you how many drops failed in the testing. Only that it passed in one. I wouldn't trust it for drops myself. Better than nothing I suppose.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Withstanding an 11' drop is dependant on the angle it hits. It may or may not. That kind of claim is silly. They don't tell you how many drops failed in the testing. Only that it passed in one. I wouldn't trust it for drops myself. Better than nothing I suppose.

Yahoo tested it and took for over 20 drops with increasing height and at 11 feet being throw full force with both hands only caused the phone to bend, otherwise fine.

Mobile-Reviews-Eh.ca also did a drop test video of over 40 drops with minimal damage to the phone by the end. This included drops such as stairs as well.

Not to mention Evolutive Labs has their own dual camera continuous shot drop test video of a 25 foot drop straight to concrete falling onto the corner of the phone, no damage.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they have a new one coming out in a couple months, a couple of them actually. One is made of faux leather though, I might give that one a try.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yahoo tested it and took for over 20 drops with increasing height and at 11 feet being throw full force with both hands only caused the phone to bend, otherwise fine.

Mobile-Reviews-Eh.ca also did a drop test video of over 40 drops with minimal damage to the phone by the end. This included drops such as stairs as well.

Not to mention Evolutive Labs has their own dual camera continuous shot drop test video of a 25 foot drop straight to concrete falling onto the corner of the phone, no damage.

You've been heavy into this one, haven't you? Lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You've been heavy into this one, haven't you? Lol

I bought the one I had solely off the merit of Evolutive Labs, any time I'm looking at case reviews though Mobile-Reviews-Eh.ca always pops up, and the Yahoo one came the other day when I was trying to look into one of their new cases coming soon. Though yes, I am a fan of Rhino Shield.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman