Upon replaying a video I recorded on my iPhone 6s+, I found it had badly distorted sound. Sounded like a digital distortion.

It happened with both hyperlapse and the stock recording app.
    07-09-2016 12:13 AM
    Upon replaying a video I recorded on my iPhone 6s+, I found it had badly distorted sound. Sounded like a digital distortion.

It happened with both hyperlapse and the stock recording app.
    I cannot answer your question. Having said that, could a stiff breeze interfered with the sound quality during the recording of your video?
    07-09-2016 10:25 AM
    Yeah I initially thought it was wind or my cell phone cover but I think I have it now pinned down to my Hyperlapse app. When I use it somehow it messes up all audio recordings whether or not your using the app.

Anyone having problems with the hyperlapse app?
    07-09-2016 04:33 PM
    I also have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I'm on an iphone SE (which is technically a 6s, but smaller) and when I use hyperlapse, it distorts the sound of the iphone during playback, and also distorts the sound of ANYTHING on the phone (ring tones, texts, other videos shot with stock app, and music).

It's a new glitch that just started appearing once I updated my phone, so I'm thinking it's a software glitch. But I'm hoping that either hyperlapse (i.e. Instagram's purchase of the LUMA technology responsible for the great stabilization) will figure out a fix. I'm guessing an update of the app may fix this, though my friend had the same issue and said this didn't help.

Any tips would be GREAT. I love hyperlapse but won't use it until this is fixed, as it renders my iphone pretty useless.
    01-15-2017 09:53 PM