Anyone tried life proof in the water?

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
One question how do you get the fre on without dust under the screen .

Very carefully...lol.. It's almost impossible.. Once every several times I get it...I use a screen cloth.. Sometimes I even wash it out and dry it a little with blow dryer then blow it out with canned air...

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I have one I use for camping and beach. It works great at protecting the phone. The biggest issue I run into is that because of water hitting the touch screen it will give me phantom touches. It's especially problematic when in the ocean with the waves and such. It's not as big of a problem in a pool where the water is generally calmer.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have one I use for camping and beach. It works great at protecting the phone. The biggest issue I run into is that because of water hitting the touch screen it will give me phantom touches. It's especially problematic when in the ocean with the waves and such. It's not as big of a problem in a pool where the water is generally calmer.

Interesting, I never experienced "water phantom touches". After reading this post, I actually ran water over the screen and LifeProof N??d case to see what would happen and the screen only came on as I have raise to turn on activated. I guess it's possible that the "ocean" might have a way of effecting the screen...maybe

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, I never experienced "water phantom touches". After reading this post, I actually ran water over the screen and LifeProof N??d case to see what would happen and the screen only came on as I have raise to turn on activated. I guess it's possible that the "ocean" might have a way of effecting the screen...maybe

It's the wave slap that causes it. But, after reading your response, is it possible my touch screen is to sensitive? If so, how do I reduce sensitivity?

P.S. I just changed my 3D touch from light to medium. Let's see if that helps.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I thought about getting a Lifeproof, but for my use (sailing, only in case I go overboard) I decided the generic bag-type cases work fine. I got one on Amazon for $7 w/free shipping ("Joto" Brand, though there are a tonne on amazon and they all look the same) and it works brilliantly. Of course, it's not something you can leave on all the time, and it's not as easy to use your phone. But it is possible to take underwater photos and use the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal