Considering switching back to android

Dramer77

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I sold my 6s plus a while ago and picked up a s7 edge.. it lasted about a month or so , it was a nice device with some cool features. Thee nicest android device I've used to date.. but it's still not an iPhone and android is not iOS .. things about it started to bug me after the novelty of a new device wore off, the edge screen started to bug the crap out of me watching videos etc.. I traded it to kid off Craigslist for a week old 6s plus , and I don't miss it...

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I sold my 6s plus a while ago and picked up a s7 edge.. it lasted about a month or so , it was a nice device with some cool features. Thee nicest android device I've used to date.. but it's still not an iPhone and android is not iOS .. things about it started to bug me after the novelty of a new device wore off, the edge screen started to bug the crap out of me watching videos etc.. I traded it to kid off Craigslist for a week old 6s plus , and I don't miss it...

Pretty much my feeling. Android has gotten better over the years but it is still rather crappy in comparison to IOS and in the end feels a lot like a knock off in many ways and an operating system that throws everything into the phone yet lacks refinement.

iOS and windows 10 mobile are my duo OS

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It would be terrible if I had to stick with one phone for any significant amount of time. I love my Galaxy s7e, but would never give up my 6s+. I like having both and just SIM swap to fit my needs and desires..I am getting tired of my Apple watch and might switch to the Gear 2 and that may keep me with Android for a little while.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses. My preference is iOS simply because I am used to it and so ingrained into the Apple ecosystem. However I love my Note 5 and will probably continue using both side by side.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It would be terrible if I had to stick with one phone for any significant amount of time. I love my Galaxy s7e, but would never give up my 6s+. I like having both and just SIM swap to fit my needs and desires..I am getting tired of my Apple watch and might switch to the Gear 2 and that may keep me with Android for a little while.

Both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses. My preference is iOS simply because I am used to it and so ingrained into the Apple ecosystem. However I love my Note 5 and will probably continue using both side by side.

Yeah both of you are on the money. I agree all the way.
I love my HTC One A9 (even though it's only been about a week), but you can't make me give up my SE. The battery life of my SE beats the A9 that has to be charged daily. The customization (and being able to hide apps in the app drawer!) beats the SE, but I'm going to do what you two are doing.

When I get bored, I will change back to the SE. When I'm going to a baseball game, I will be going with my SE, and generally when it is just more convenient for me.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't imagine wasting my time having to switch between two phones lol. I mean I do so now with my lumia 950 xl and my iPhone 6s Plus as I use both for a specific line of service. Work and personal lines.

That being said since my 950 xl is dual sim I am 50/50 on selling my iPhone in September. But I am growing to like iOS and what not but at the same time I equally hate it.

Sticking with one has its benefits simply because I don't need to waste time trying to make sure I have all my data. It's annoying trying to find a text only to remember it is on the other phone and making sure my photos or emails are properly syncing. Not to mention various apps that don't always sync.

I am a dual user and happily so but I also prefer one OS simply for the ecosystem and not just for the sake of bragging I have two phones lol.

One thing is I would never buy an android phone though ever again. Unless I can instantly flash windows 10 mobile to it lol. Having to set up my mothers new android device I felt a bit scummy and I was annoyed that I had to buy said android with my own cash but I really didn't feel like having to teach her iPhone stuff. I do it enough at work and on top of that the 650 is a phone she didn't want since my brother has it already and she didn't like it lol.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Really looking for that "perfect" Android for me, at least until Windows Mobile can be in a place that I will be okay with. iOS is great and solid but eh I have a feeling that the customization issue will get to me soon. I have been using it for a week and some. Feeling like I have tried everything available on the Android side that would meet my personal requirements for a phone.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Really looking for that "perfect" Android for me, at least until Windows Mobile can be in a place that I will be okay with. iOS is great and solid but eh I have a feeling that the customization issue will get to me soon. I have been using it for a week and some. Feeling like I have tried everything available on the Android side that would meet my personal requirements for a phone.

It has taken me almost 9 months, but the boredom of iOS has fully taken hold. I'll be going to Android this week with a 6P until my Note 7 comes in. What finally did me in was iOS 10. It feels like so much more of the same thing it's always been, except now with bigger notifications and emojis, and raise to wake. I've come to realize that iOS is nice enough, but it just doesn't fulfill what I want. It's too locked down and moves at a snail's pace. I've been playing with Android phones for the last week and I'll be happy to go back home again...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It has taken me almost 9 months, but the boredom of iOS has fully taken hold. I'll be going to Android this week with a 6P until my Note 7 comes in. What finally did me in was iOS 10. It feels like so much more of the same thing it's always been, except now with bigger notifications and emojis, and raise to wake. I've come to realize that iOS is nice enough, but it just doesn't fulfill what I want. It's too locked down and moves at a snail's pace. I've been playing with Android phones for the last week and I'll be happy to go back home again...

I see you're getting ready to make the jump again. Lol Good luck man

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol and i'm back on my S7Edge. I was 99% sure I wasn't getting the Note 7 but then the Target deal happened and I might take the bait. Target offering trade any phone $200, plus $100 gift card. Not sure about the specifics take a look.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I see you're getting ready to make the jump again. Lol Good luck man

Thank you, sir. I do like my iPhone. I've had it since December, which is a record for me in the last couple of years. Probably only bested by the Nexus 5.

The implementation of third party keyboards, utter lack of customization, and iOS 10 really not doing it for me has just pushed me over the edge back to Android. I think that's just what works for me. It isn't a slam on iOS, because I understand why people love it. But I just don't think Apple is for me.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing we all must do, find what works for us. Once you do that, move on to the next major decision. Don't be a stranger around here because you're leaving the iPhone though.

Thanks! I won't, I love tech too much. This is a fun hobby for me. There may come a day when I can convince my wife that I need two phones, and I'll have one of each.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, sir. I do like my iPhone. I've had it since December, which is a record for me in the last couple of years. Probably only bested by the Nexus 5.

The implementation of third party keyboards, utter lack of customization, and iOS 10 really not doing it for me has just pushed me over the edge back to Android. I think that's just what works for me. It isn't a slam on iOS, because I understand why people love it. But I just don't think Apple is for me.

What a balanced, respectable post. iOS isn't for everyone just like Android isn't for everyone. They are both great ecosystems but for different reasons and for different types of users. Just don't be a stranger around here! As a respectable member of multiple Mobile Nations forums, we need people like you around!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox