Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus (non-S) 64 GB model right now and my question is (based upon rumors) if I should wait for the iPhone 7 or should I just take the plunge and get the iPhone 6s Plus. Is the iPhone 7 going to be great or is it going to be more... meh?

I would be trading in my iPhone 6 Plus using the Apple Trade-In Program which should bring the monthly price down a bit since if you trade in an older iPhone you get a bit off your monthly price of the new phone. I'm also wondering if I wait will it really effect the discount price of the iPhone 7 as versus getting the iPhone 6s Plus now.

So I guess the question is... Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus? This won't be an instant kind of thing since I need to get finances in order first before I do it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you'd be best served by waiting to get concrete information on the 7, see which of the 2 is a manageable upgrade for you from the 6 Plus and then make your decision. Making it now would be much too early. I currently have the 6S Plus and may very well stick with it but until I have hard facts about the 7, I can't say!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Mumfoau, you have the iPhone 6s so your phone already has 2 GBs of RAM in it so going from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7 might not be that much of a difference but for me because mine only has 1 GB of RAM in it, going from 1 GB of RAM to 2 GBs of RAM would be a big benefit. There are times that I can see it struggle with the 1 GB of RAM, not often mind you but there are times. Then again, it could be just some of my apps that are RAM pigs (I'm looking at you Facebook!).

But that still leaves the question... Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus? Will there be that much of an upgrade between the 7 and the 6s plus to warrant an upgrade for someone who has an iPhone 6 Plus?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They'll have great deals on the 6s Plus a little later in August. By then we should know more about the 7. For me, the 7 would need some major new stuff for me to wait. Especially if I could get a really good deal on the 6s Plus.

kaymc

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
None of the above.

All the rumours suggest that the Apple are transitioning into a tic-toc-toc cycle, so the next release will have a similar form factor to the 6 & 6s, and while there may be some pretty nice new features, the big refresh will come in 2017, the year of the iPhone's 10th Anniversary, with a new form factor. I'm on a 6, and I see no reason to jump the gun, and everything to gain from waiting a year and a bit

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
But who knows how iOS 10 is going to run on the 6 Plus. It took months to get iOS 9.x to run decently on the iPhone 6 Plus.

What really makes me want to get a new phone come September is the fact that iOS 10 has a lot of new features that depend upon Force Touch.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If I can get a 64 GB iPhone 6s on a good deal with the iPhone Upgrade Program I'll do it that way. Hopefully they'll have some deals in August.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd rather for a big hardware change, which will not happen with the 7. Too many hardware leaks lead to a similar design to what we have now with a few minor tweaks. I upgraded to the 6s plus this past week and will be able to upgrade by the fall 2017.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus (non-S) 64 GB model right now and my question is (based upon rumors) if I should wait for the iPhone 7 or should I just take the plunge and get the iPhone 6s Plus. Is the iPhone 7 going to be great or is it going to be more... meh?

I would be trading in my iPhone 6 Plus using the Apple Trade-In Program which should bring the monthly price down a bit since if you trade in an older iPhone you get a bit off your monthly price of the new phone. I'm also wondering if I wait will it really effect the discount price of the iPhone 7 as versus getting the iPhone 6s Plus now.

So I guess the question is... Should I wait for the iPhone 7 or get the iPhone 6s Plus? This won't be an instant kind of thing since I need to get finances in order first before I do it.

Since you said you need to get finances in order, I would wait and see what the 7 is like. If you don't like it, you can get a 6s+ which will be discounted once the 7 comes out and save you some money that way. If rumors hold true, the 7 won't be that much of an upgrade so the 6s+ isn't a bad choice.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
From what I have seen about the iPhone 7, it wont be a big enough upgrade to be worth the longer wait for unless it has a feature that you really need or want. If you want to be patient, you can wait until the 7 debuts and see what it is all about. However chances are it wont be worth paying the premium over the 6s once the price drops.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if all of the models/storage capacities will still be available under the iPhone Upgrade Program when the iPhone 7 comes out.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Usually Apple likes to drop all of the capacity models for all of the older devices to just the 16 GB model when the new phone comes out. I hope that won't be the case.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner