Sorry for asking another question. Does charging your IPhone overnight cause battery problems? Thanks.
    06-18-2016 11:25 AM
    Hi. You don't ever have to apologize for asking questions as there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

But no, there is no need to worry, you can charge your phone overnight. It has built in overcharging protection. Just don't leave your phone on the charger for more than a day in a row.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1476
    https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/
    Rob Phillips and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-18-2016 11:33 AM
    Thanks a lot for your reply Tartarus. Glad to be in the community!😄
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-18-2016 12:14 PM
    It's good to have you here. Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask something.
    06-18-2016 12:18 PM
    Hi. You don't ever have to apologize for asking questions as there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

But no, there is no need to worry, you can charge your phone overnight. It has built in overcharging protection. Just don't leave your phone on the charger for more than a day in a row.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1476
    https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/
    THIS.
    06-18-2016 12:37 PM
    What he said↑↑!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-18-2016 02:07 PM
    Its not a stupid question I remember back I think it was BlackBerry bold had an issue if left on the charger too long (over night)
    06-19-2016 07:36 AM
    Its not a stupid question I remember back I think it was BlackBerry bold had an issue if left on the charger too long (over night)
    Nobody said it was a stupid question. Perhaps the BlackBerry bold had an issue with overnight charging but today's iPhones don't.
    06-19-2016 07:40 AM
    I have charged mine overnight forever, and have had no issues. The phones have technology in them smart enough to keep the battery optimized
    06-19-2016 08:08 AM
    Hi as long as you use Apple genuine chargers and certified or genuine Lightning cables you are ok and there will be no issue with overnight charging.
    06-19-2016 08:52 AM
    Hi as long as you use Apple genuine chargers and certified or genuine Lightning cables you are ok and there will be no issue with overnight charging.
    Is there really an issue with third party cables and chargers? Any charger of a suitable spec, bought from a reputable source, should be fine.
    06-19-2016 10:36 AM
    All original chargers from respectable brands are ok to use, like from Nokia, Samsung and the likes. Don't go for cheap off brand chargers you can buy on the streets or flee markets. Always use MFi certified or genuine cables. I used to use 50 cent cables from the streets and they simply don't charge as fast and safe as original or certified cables.

It's like buying a million dollar car and putting bicycle tires under it to save some money. You get what I mean.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-19-2016 10:42 AM
    All original chargers from respectable brands are ok to use, like from Nokia, Samsung and the likes. Don't go for cheap off brand chargers you can buy on the streets or flee markets. Always use MFi certified or genuine cables. I used to use 50 cent cables from the streets and they simply don't charge as fast and safe as original or certified cables.

It's like buying a million dollar car and putting bicycle tires under it to save some money. You get what I mean.
    THIS. I use a bunch of third party cables and they're great. ONLY use MFi certified cables (you'll see the Made for iPhone logo on the packaging or it'll be mentioned in the product listing). You don't have to spend a ton. Amazon Basics lightning cables are awesome and they're cheap.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-19-2016 11:30 AM
    THIS. I use a bunch of third party cables and they're great. ONLY use MFi certified cables (you'll see the Made for iPhone logo on the packaging or it'll be mentioned in the product listing). You don't have to spend a ton. Amazon Basics lightning cables are awesome and they're cheap.
    Something like this is what you want to look for:

Charging Overnight-img_1460.jpg
    Rob Phillips and mumfoau like this.
    06-19-2016 01:25 PM
    I always charge my phone overnight; I like to start the day with my phone fully charged.
    06-19-2016 09:31 PM
    I use chargers and cables made by Anker. Have for quite a while now and they are great. Have never had an issue with them. Have multiple chargers, cables of various lengths, and a portable battery pack. Love them all.

Ive also been charging my phones overnight from my blackberrys, to my first and only android, to my iPhone 5s to now my 6s Plus. No issues.
    06-19-2016 09:57 PM