Hi all. Just curious on the % of members who have Battery % turned on versus the % who do not.

I have historically had it turned on but find as of today with it turned off that I am not obsessing as much over battery. Do you have the % turned on or off?

Also, regarding Battery Usage/Standby - I noticed the Usage time will increase when the phone screen is off and in standby when Wifi is connected. I tested it twice and as long as Wifi is connected Usage ticks up however when Wifi is off and the phone is in standby it doesn't not. I didn't know this - did you?
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-08-2016 04:11 PM
    I have it on but I don't obsess over it. I plug my phone in when I need to. I always have. I never away from a power source of some type. I just like to know what the percentage is. I don't stress about it though.
    06-08-2016 04:14 PM
    I keep it always off. No need to know the percentage
    BobR1908, mumfoau and RoCutler like this.
    06-08-2016 04:51 PM
    I have the percentage turned on too. I like it because I like to plug my phone in when it gets to about 20%. I don appreciate your suggested about how to increase usage time though!
    BobR1908 and libra89 like this.
    06-08-2016 04:51 PM
    I have the % on at all times.. From time to time I have it turned off so that I don't have to worry and keep checking my battery %
    BobR1908 likes this.
    06-08-2016 06:54 PM
    I'm a stickler for details so I keep my % on. It helps me gauge whether or not I need to recharge during the day.
    06-08-2016 07:07 PM
    Also, regarding Battery Usage/Standby - I noticed the Usage time will increase when the phone screen is off and in standby when Wifi is connected. I tested it twice and as long as Wifi is connected Usage ticks up however when Wifi is off and the phone is in standby it doesn't not. I didn't know this - did you?
    Might have to test it
    BobR1908 likes this.
    06-08-2016 07:19 PM
    Mine is on and I charge whenever it's convenient, especially in my car.
    Good Luck
    BobR1908 likes this.
    06-08-2016 07:29 PM
    Mine stays on but I don't obsess over it. I usually charge once I get the 5% notification, so I guess if I turn it off it won't make a difference. I may do that
    Rob Phillips and BobR1908 like this.
    06-08-2016 08:28 PM
    I go through phases where I have it [on] and others where I have it [off]. I currently am in an [off] phase
    06-08-2016 08:41 PM
    I use it, but I don't obsess over battery use.
    BobR1908 and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-08-2016 08:47 PM
    I use it, but I don't obsess over battery use.
    This!
    BobR1908 likes this.
    06-08-2016 08:55 PM
    You should I just tested for a 3rd time and it continues to work that way. My usage doesn't move when Wifi is not engaged and the phone screen is off however when Wifi is enabled and the screen is off Usage will increase minute over minute.
    06-08-2016 09:58 PM
    You should I just tested for a 3rd time and it continues to work that way. My usage doesn't move when Wifi is not engaged and the phone screen is off however when Wifi is enabled and the screen is off Usage will increase minute over minute.
    I'm more the opposite. I do better on WiFi than on cellular. Taking photos on Cellular is a heavy for me. That includes Facetime. I guess everyone's variables are different. Overall, I don't notice much difference. Does it do the same on other wifi services? Or other wifi locations? Is your signal strong? How old is your modem/router?
    BobR1908 likes this.
    06-08-2016 10:17 PM
    I'm more the opposite. I do better on WiFi than on cellular. Taking photos on Cellular is a heavy for me. That includes Facetime. I guess everyone's variables are different. Overall, I don't notice much difference. Does it do the same on other wifi services? Or other wifi locations? Is your signal strong? How old is your modem/router?
    I was referring to the Usage time in the Battery Statistics. When wifi is engaged the usage time increases minute over minute even when the screen is off and the phone is in standby. Turn wifi off and set the phone aside for 5 minutes and when I go back into check the Usage time it has only increased a minute. So it looks like Usage under Battery statistics will continuously increase when Wifi is turned on - even when the phone screen is off.
    06-08-2016 10:26 PM
    It's always on for me. As said up thread, it's good to know what I will be working with if I am going to work and/or have plans for the evening.
    06-08-2016 11:29 PM
    Best app I have, I stare at it all day long.

I did notice it has me keeping the screen on all the time which drains my battery... But I can see how fast it's draining...
    TurboTiger likes this.
    06-09-2016 12:43 AM
    Has anyone been able to test on their phone if the Battery Usage time (Setting - Battery) increases even when the screen is off when WIFI is turned on. I don't want to reset my phone (already done everything else) until I make sure I should lol.

To test: Write down your current Battery Usage (hours/min). Turn on your WIFI, connection to your network and set your phone down for 5 minutes. Go back into your Battery Usage time and see if it increased by 5 minutes or not? When my Wifi is on, mine is increasing minute over minute. However a friend of mine's is not.
    06-09-2016 01:56 AM
    Best app I have, I stare at it all day long.

I did notice it has me keeping the screen on all the time which drains my battery... But I can see how fast it's draining...
    LOL! At least you're enjoying yourself!
    06-09-2016 06:02 AM
    Has anyone been able to test on their phone if the Battery Usage time (Setting - Battery) increases even when the screen is off when WIFI is turned on. I don't want to reset my phone (already done everything else) until I make sure I should lol.

To test: Write down your current Battery Usage (hours/min). Turn on your WIFI, connection to your network and set your phone down for 5 minutes. Go back into your Battery Usage time and see if it increased by 5 minutes or not? When my Wifi is on, mine is increasing minute over minute. However a friend of mine's is not.
    So you're doing the battery test on and off wifi. And your phone's battery shows better off wifi. It shouldn't make any difference. One way may use more battery, depending on several variables, but the battery performance should be the same either way. Have you checked other devices on your wifi? Have you checked your phone on another wifi. A friend's or family member's wifi?
    06-09-2016 06:10 AM
    Like mumfoau, sometimes I have it set to display the battery percentage and sometime I don't. As of now, the percentage is being displayed. Still, I don't obsess over it at all because I can easily go a full day on a single charge...
    Rob Phillips, libra89 and mumfoau like this.
    06-09-2016 06:39 AM
    I'd go crazy if I turned off mine need to know exactly where I'm at
    BobR1908, TurboTiger and libra89 like this.
    06-09-2016 12:47 PM
    I have it on all the time and it doesn't have any effect on how I enjoy my phone whatsoever. I don't follow my battery stats (aside from having the percentage indicator on). I can charge anyplace I go.
    BobR1908 and libra89 like this.
    06-09-2016 01:33 PM
    I believe you are misunderstanding. I am not referring to actual battery performance. I was referring to the Usage time that shows under the Battery Statistics. When my Wifi was on and phone was in standby the Usage time was increasing minute over minute and to my knowledge it should not do that when the screen is off and the phone is in standby.

A friend of mine tested and theirs did not. In any event I did a factory reset of my phone and mine is no longer doing it either. Usage time no longer increases when wifi is on and the phone is in standby so I believe I had a minor bug in my software
    06-09-2016 02:41 PM
    I believe you are misunderstanding. I am not referring to actual battery performance. I was referring to the Usage time that shows under the Battery Statistics. When my Wifi was on and phone was in standby the Usage time was increasing minute over minute and to my knowledge it should not do that when the screen is off and the phone is in standby.

A friend of mine tested and theirs did not. In any event I did a factory reset of my phone and mine is no longer doing it either. Usage time no longer increases when wifi is on and the phone is in standby so I believe I had a minor bug in my software
    This is in reply to LedSteplin
    06-09-2016 02:42 PM
52 123