Turning Off Battery % Makes It Easier To Simply Enjoy The Phone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like mumfoau, sometimes I have it set to display the battery percentage and sometime I don't. As of now, the percentage is being displayed. Still, I don't obsess over it at all because I can easily go a full day on a single charge...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have it on all the time and it doesn't have any effect on how I enjoy my phone whatsoever. I don't follow my battery stats (aside from having the percentage indicator on). I can charge anyplace I go.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I believe you are misunderstanding. I am not referring to actual battery performance. I was referring to the Usage time that shows under the Battery Statistics. When my Wifi was on and phone was in standby the Usage time was increasing minute over minute and to my knowledge it should not do that when the screen is off and the phone is in standby.

A friend of mine tested and theirs did not. In any event I did a factory reset of my phone and mine is no longer doing it either. Usage time no longer increases when wifi is on and the phone is in standby so I believe I had a minor bug in my software

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I believe you are misunderstanding. I am not referring to actual battery performance. I was referring to the Usage time that shows under the Battery Statistics. When my Wifi was on and phone was in standby the Usage time was increasing minute over minute and to my knowledge it should not do that when the screen is off and the phone is in standby.

A friend of mine tested and theirs did not. In any event I did a factory reset of my phone and mine is no longer doing it either. Usage time no longer increases when wifi is on and the phone is in standby so I believe I had a minor bug in my software

This is in reply to LedSteplin

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I need to have it. I get critical work pages on my phone and can't afford to not be sure where I stand with remaining battery life. That said, I don't worry too much about it because my 6s makes it through most work days. I only sometimes have to charge mid day on weekends.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I need to have it. I get critical work pages on my phone and can't afford to not be sure where I stand with remaining battery life. That said, I don't worry too much about it because my 6s makes it through most work days. I only sometimes have to charge mid day on weekends.

I'm the opposite. Work days blow for me as the signal is weak and we can't access the secure Wi-Fi. On weekends, I almost never need to charge my 6S Plus before bedtime.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You'd have had something if battery performance/battery life was improved :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It's like a gas gauge, when you get below 1/2 and definitely below 1/4, time to refuel :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm the opposite. Work days blow for me as the signal is weak and we can't access the secure Wi-Fi. On weekends, I almost never need to charge my 6S Plus before bedtime.

I connect to wifi at work. It's pretty nice. And I have my iPad with me so I use both depending on what I'm doing. On weekends, it's mostly the iPhone so it drains faster.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The usage time you see under battery statistics is directly related to battery performance. Are you saying that when your phone is in stand by (asleep), usage time increases? It will, but it shouldn't increase much. A weak battery will increase more than a strong battery. There's many variables involved with this. But I doubt it's a software bug. Maybe a rogue app is running. Are music apps shut down?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I always keep mine on, but I dont get overly obsessed with it. I just like to know right where I am. I can normally go an entire day without having to recharge, and just do so at night as I am sleeping. I am normally at about 40-50% at the end of the day when I go to bed.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
The usage time you see under battery statistics is directly related to battery performance. Are you saying that when your phone is in stand by (asleep), usage time increases? It will, but it shouldn't increase much. A weak battery will increase more than a strong battery. There's many variables involved with this. But I doubt it's a software bug. Maybe a rogue app is running. Are music apps shut down?

I am not sure if it was a Rogue app because it only happened when Wifi was connected. If I turned on my wifi, usage would increase minute over a minute while in standby. In a ten minute test period, usage would increase by 10 minutes with Wifi on and the phone in standby. Turn wifi off and over a ten minute test period the Usage only went up 1 minute (normal). I did a factory restore on the phone and all is acting appropriately. Currently 92% battery with 1h 10min usage and with Wifi connected the usage time is not ticking up when the phone is in standby like it was before.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if it was a Rogue app because it only happened when Wifi was connected. If I turned on my wifi, usage would increase minute over a minute while in standby. In a ten minute test period, usage would increase by 10 minutes with Wifi on and the phone in standby. Turn wifi off and over a ten minute test period the Usage only went up 1 minute (normal). I did a factory restore on the phone and all is acting appropriately. Currently 92% battery with 1h 10min usage and with Wifi connected the usage time is not ticking up when the phone is in standby like it was before.

Glad you got it solved. If it was an app, maybe you won't download it again. It may have been a corrupted OS. When I upgraded to the 6s Plus, I set up with my iPhone 5 back up. Mistake! Had several problems. Restored as new, and all was well. Sure is a PITA to do though.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have never been able to keep the percentage indicator turned on. My OCD will have me going crazy trying to keep that number on 100%.

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I keep the sucker on but don't worry about it. If needs charging I charge it but usually make it through the day from 4 am to 10 pm when go to bed. I am like a lot of people and really use both of my iPhone 6s that I carry daily.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73