Turning Off Battery % Makes It Easier To Simply Enjoy The Phone

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Just curious on the % of members who have Battery % turned on versus the % who do not.

I have historically had it turned on but find as of today with it turned off that I am not obsessing as much over battery. Do you have the % turned on or off?

Also, regarding Battery Usage/Standby - I noticed the Usage time will increase when the phone screen is off and in standby when Wifi is connected. I tested it twice and as long as Wifi is connected Usage ticks up however when Wifi is off and the phone is in standby it doesn't not. I didn't know this - did you?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have it on but I don't obsess over it. I plug my phone in when I need to. I always have. I never away from a power source of some type. I just like to know what the percentage is. I don't stress about it though.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the percentage turned on too. I like it because I like to plug my phone in when it gets to about 20%. I don appreciate your suggested about how to increase usage time though!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the % on at all times.. From time to time I have it turned off so that I don't have to worry and keep checking my battery %

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a stickler for details so I keep my % on. It helps me gauge whether or not I need to recharge during the day.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, regarding Battery Usage/Standby - I noticed the Usage time will increase when the phone screen is off and in standby when Wifi is connected. I tested it twice and as long as Wifi is connected Usage ticks up however when Wifi is off and the phone is in standby it doesn't not. I didn't know this - did you?

Might have to test it :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine stays on but I don't obsess over it. I usually charge once I get the 5% notification, so I guess if I turn it off it won't make a difference. I may do that

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
You should :) I just tested for a 3rd time and it continues to work that way. My usage doesn't move when Wifi is not engaged and the phone screen is off however when Wifi is enabled and the screen is off Usage will increase minute over minute.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You should :) I just tested for a 3rd time and it continues to work that way. My usage doesn't move when Wifi is not engaged and the phone screen is off however when Wifi is enabled and the screen is off Usage will increase minute over minute.

I'm more the opposite. I do better on WiFi than on cellular. Taking photos on Cellular is a heavy for me. That includes Facetime. I guess everyone's variables are different. Overall, I don't notice much difference. Does it do the same on other wifi services? Or other wifi locations? Is your signal strong? How old is your modem/router?

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm more the opposite. I do better on WiFi than on cellular. Taking photos on Cellular is a heavy for me. That includes Facetime. I guess everyone's variables are different. Overall, I don't notice much difference. Does it do the same on other wifi services? Or other wifi locations? Is your signal strong? How old is your modem/router?

I was referring to the Usage time in the Battery Statistics. When wifi is engaged the usage time increases minute over minute even when the screen is off and the phone is in standby. Turn wifi off and set the phone aside for 5 minutes and when I go back into check the Usage time it has only increased a minute. So it looks like Usage under Battery statistics will continuously increase when Wifi is turned on - even when the phone screen is off.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It's always on for me. As said up thread, it's good to know what I will be working with if I am going to work and/or have plans for the evening.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Best app I have, I stare at it all day long.

I did notice it has me keeping the screen on all the time which drains my battery... But I can see how fast it's draining...

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to test on their phone if the Battery Usage time (Setting - Battery) increases even when the screen is off when WIFI is turned on. I don't want to reset my phone (already done everything else) until I make sure I should lol.

To test: Write down your current Battery Usage (hours/min). Turn on your WIFI, connection to your network and set your phone down for 5 minutes. Go back into your Battery Usage time and see if it increased by 5 minutes or not? When my Wifi is on, mine is increasing minute over minute. However a friend of mine's is not.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to test on their phone if the Battery Usage time (Setting - Battery) increases even when the screen is off when WIFI is turned on. I don't want to reset my phone (already done everything else) until I make sure I should lol.

To test: Write down your current Battery Usage (hours/min). Turn on your WIFI, connection to your network and set your phone down for 5 minutes. Go back into your Battery Usage time and see if it increased by 5 minutes or not? When my Wifi is on, mine is increasing minute over minute. However a friend of mine's is not.

So you're doing the battery test on and off wifi. And your phone's battery shows better off wifi. It shouldn't make any difference. One way may use more battery, depending on several variables, but the battery performance should be the same either way. Have you checked other devices on your wifi? Have you checked your phone on another wifi. A friend's or family member's wifi?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods