Advice for a Potential new 6 Plus Owner

Loco Emperor

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
So I am moving over to the 6 Plus(Maybe....I have a 5 now) from Windows and I am pretty much used to how things work there.

Here is where I am facing some difficulties

1. I do not want to keep my pictures on my phone by default., I can utilize onedrive still or even icloud..however, I would still like access to those photos if I wish to send them to someone via MMS/Imessage.

Are there any cloud libraries that allow you to upload your images or videos and send from that library without having to download a copy to your phone?

2. Groove music sucks on iPhone which I pretty much use and prefer. What other apps could one use that allows you to play your local music. I presently have all my songs in Onedrive and not on my WIndows phone and I can stream.

Please no google music

3. With Jailbreaking is it a relatively simple process for inexperienced users? I pretty much want to get rid of all the apple crap apps on my phone that really bug me.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I am moving over to the 6 Plus(Maybe....I have a 5 now) from Windows and I am pretty much used to how things work there.
. I'm confused. Do you have an iPhone 5 now or a Windows device?

Here is where I am facing some difficulties

1. I do not want to keep my pictures on my phone by default., I can utilize onedrive still or even icloud..however, I would still like access to those photos if I wish to send them to someone via MMS/Imessage.
. If you take pics with the device, the pics will be on the device whether they're synced with iCloud or not. You can reduce the size of the pics stored locally, however. Alternatively, you'll have to delete the pics from the device after transferring them to OneDrive and then share the pics via the OneDrive app.

Are there any cloud libraries that allow you to upload your images or videos and send from that library without having to download a copy to your phone?
Not that I'm aware of.

2. Groove music sucks on iPhone which I pretty much use and prefer. What other apps could one use that allows you to play your local music. I presently have all my songs in Onedrive and not on my WIndows phone and I can stream.

Please no google music
The native Music app will play the music that's on the device.

3. With Jailbreaking is it a relatively simple process for inexperienced users? I pretty much want to get rid of all the apple crap apps on my phone that really bug me.
Hopefully, someone who jailbreaks their device(s) will reply soon.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Box to store photos. It's nice and I have folders and subfolders set up. I can view them any time and can share them via iMessage and email by copying them to the clipboard and pasting.
If you use iCloud to back up your photos, you can't delete them from the camera roll on the phone. iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your phone. So if you delete from the camera roll, they are also deleted from iCloud.
I put all my unused apps in a folder and stick it way over on the last screen.

Loco Emperor

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
. I'm confused. Do you have an iPhone 5 now or a Windows device?

. If you take pics with the device, the pics will be on the device whether they're synced with iCloud or not. You can reduce the size of the pics stored locally, however. Alternatively, you'll have to delete the pics from the device after transferring them to OneDrive and then share the pics via the OneDrive app.

Not that I'm aware of.

The native Music app will play the music that's on the device.

Hopefully, someone who jailbreaks their device(s) will reply soon.

Sorry. It was super early. I still utilize my windows phone. I have the 5 for testing and decided I want to upgrade it is all to a new iPhone model

As far as the music goes I also meant something that allows me to upload my songs I own and still be able to stream music. Like groove or google music.

Loco Emperor

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
I use Box to store photos. It's nice and I have folders and subfolders set up. I can view them any time and can share them via iMessage and email by copying them to the clipboard and pasting.
If you use iCloud to back up your photos, you can't delete them from the camera roll on the phone. iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your phone. So if you delete from the camera roll, they are also deleted from iCloud.
I put all my unused apps in a folder and stick it way over on the last screen.

Ah thanks. I was thinking iCloud's more like one drive is all