i am using a iPhone 6S plus on IOS 9.3.1. My outlook inbox mail disappeared overnight. As I had that happen before on IOS 8, I deleted the whole account and reinstalled it. Nothing happened this time and none of my mail appeared! I went on safari and logged in to outlook and my inbox was empty as well! I realised then that I might not get it back ever! But I only deleted the account on my iphone and it should not sync with my actual outlook account. Why is this happening? Can anybody pls help? I've got all my company emails in that account.
    05-23-2016 03:09 AM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

The Mail app cannot delete your online email account. It can, however, delete the emails within it. If you only deleted the "account" from your iPhone, your email messages should still be present online, but if you deleted all of the email messages from within the Mail app and then deleted the account from your device then yes, you've deleted all of your email messages from that account.
    The Mail app cannot delete your online email account. It can, however, delete the emails within it. If you only deleted the "account" from your iPhone, your email messages should still be present online, but if you deleted all of the email messages from within the Mail app and then deleted the account from your device then yes, you've deleted all of your email messages from that account.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 05-23-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    05-23-2016 07:23 AM
    You may be inadvertently tapping "Delete all" or "trash all". Check your trash folder as well as your "All Mail" folder.
    05-23-2016 07:53 AM