Outlook inbox mail disappeared, how is this happening?

I

iMore Question

Outlook inbox mail disappeared

i am using a iPhone 6S plus on IOS 9.3.1. My outlook inbox mail disappeared overnight. As I had that happen before on IOS 8, I deleted the whole account and reinstalled it. Nothing happened this time and none of my mail appeared! I went on safari and logged in to outlook and my inbox was empty as well! I realised then that I might not get it back ever! But I only deleted the account on my iphone and it should not sync with my actual outlook account. Why is this happening? Can anybody pls help? I've got all my company emails in that account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outlook inbox mail disappeared

The Mail app cannot delete your online email account. It can, however, delete the emails within it. If you only deleted the "account" from your iPhone, your email messages should still be present online, but if you deleted all of the email messages from within the Mail app and then deleted the account from your device then yes, you've deleted all of your email messages from that account.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Outlook inbox mail disappeared

You may be inadvertently tapping "Delete all" or "trash all". Check your trash folder as well as your "All Mail" folder.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro