The whats app in my iphone 6s plus is not always stand by and many times when i open the whats app i found it making connecting to the network.
    While my android device is always ready to type on the whats app once i open it.
    I contacted the network service and they told me nothing wrong with the network.
    So is this a common scenario on all iphones?
    05-21-2016 05:57 AM
    Have you disabled background app refresh? I am not a WhatsApp user so I'm just guessing here but that could possibly be the source of your problem.
    05-21-2016 07:21 AM
    How to enable it?
    05-21-2016 07:39 AM
    The whats app in my iphone 6s plus is not always stand by and many times when i open the whats app i found it making connecting to the network.
    While my android device is always ready to type on the whats app once i open it.
    I contacted the network service and they told me nothing wrong with the network.
    So is this a common scenario on all iphones?
    Check your settings

whats app issues in my iphone 6s plus.-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1463831408.749592.jpg
    05-21-2016 07:50 AM
    Have you disabled background app refresh? I am not a WhatsApp user so I'm just guessing here but that could possibly be the source of your problem.
    How would that have anything to do with it?
    05-21-2016 10:15 AM
    How would that have anything to do with it?
    If loading is delayed it could be because it isn't updating in the background. It's having to load messages when the app is opened.

Feel free to offer up any other suggestions.
    05-21-2016 10:17 AM
    I already opened the background refresh
    But i noticed that when i opened the app ,it takes some seconds connecting to be ready for chatting
    This is strange
    I dont face this in android.
    05-21-2016 10:21 AM
    But i noticed that when i opened the app ,it takes some seconds connecting to be ready for chatting
    This is strange
    It could also just be how the app behaves on iOS. I imagine it's a lot quicker to load over wifi or a strong network connection than over a weak connection.

Apple keeps iOS more locked down than Android does. This often causes apps to work slightly differently between the two ecosystems.
    Last edited by DevilishBanker; 05-21-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    05-21-2016 10:41 AM
    This is strange
    You def have a weak connection in your location, I have whatsapp with background apps refresh disable for all application and whatsapp fire up ready to send message each time I open it, unless I'm on 3G or 2G network then whatsapp will take 5 to 10s to connect before I can send a message. Try activate and deactivate airplane mode, sometime that can help for a while. Did you notice safari takes times to load webpages?
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-21-2016 10:50 AM
    If loading is delayed it could be because it isn't updating in the background. It's having to load messages when the app is opened.

Feel free to offer up any other suggestions.
    Toggling it off for Background App Refresh will not stop it from running in the background. BAR just helps it do so more efficiently.
    05-21-2016 12:00 PM
    When i activate and deactivate the aeroplane mode it works fine
    05-21-2016 02:46 PM
    When i activate and deactivate the aeroplane mode it works fine
    It's a connection issue, not the app or settings.
    05-21-2016 02:52 PM
    One last thing
    Why i cant post on facebook or use whats app while on a phone call?
    05-21-2016 03:05 PM
    One last thing
    Why i cant post on facebook or use whats app while on a phone call?
    Either your carrier doesn't support simultaneous voice and data, you're not in an area that has it, you don't have it turned on in your iPhone, or a combination of any three of those.

For example, I have Verizon. As long as I am connected to LTE I can use data while on a call. If I drop into a 3G area it doesn't work. Also, I have LTE Voice & Data enabled in Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.

05-21-2016 03:09 PM