Did anyone else start with a 6S and move up to the 6S Plus?

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
The more I'm around my friends' 6s plus phones, the more I'm thinking about upgrading to the larger size. Did anyone else start with a 6s and move up to the plus? I'd like to hear thoughts / regrets. Thanks!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
6s to 6s Plus

I have had all sizes of phones and way too many of them so I will share my thoughts.

I had the 6 plus last year and it was my favorite phone of that year. The smaller, easier to handle form factor pulled me to the 6s in the fall. I used that until February and sold it and bought a 6s plus. I read a lot of emails and documents on my phone so that bigger screen is nice to have for me.

In my opinion, it comes down to two things when making choice. First is screen size. Do you need or would you benefit from that larger screen? For me it is a big yes. The second is battery life. The plus definitely gets much better battery life. It's not a huge deal for me as I'm usually around an outlet most of the day between home, work and car and I have battery packs if needed.

The big advantage to the regular 6s is the size. It's easier to carry and use one handed. There really is no arguing that.

So it comes down to personal preference. How and what do you use your phone for? Good luck. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to try and help.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I got the 6 last year, as I fear the Plus would be way too big. I knew that I wanted a phablet. I decided to get the 6s Plus, and I love it!!

Better and bigger display, battery life that last forever, OIS.. It's worth the upgrade.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I had a regular 6 for over a year and would constantly be switching to other phones.

Once I tried the 6s Plus, I knew I had found the "right" phone for my needs. I text, email and type a lot on my phones and the bigger/wider keyboard is amazing for typing. The beautiful screen and great battery life are just bonuses for me!

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've used phablets pretty much since they came out. The last regular size phone I owned was a Samsung Stratosphere back in 2011. If you have bigger hands, phablets are virtually a must as they make everything easier. I also like the larger size for digesting web content. Running Safari in landscape mode works pretty good if I need to view a website that isn't mobile optimized.

Overall the devices are still smaller than I like for doing work beyond basic phone stuff but that is what I have a tablet/laptop for. It is extra weight in your pocket so if you are a smaller person or pocket space is at a premium, it can be annoying to pack such a large phone around. As someone who started on an iPod Touch though, I could never go back to such a small device for iOS.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I did well when I got my iPhone 6 from launch day, over the years when I see everyone with the plus size iPhones, I recently just upgraded to the 6s plus. Size still seems big but I have no regrets and starting to love the phone more and more each day

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did well when I got my iPhone 6 from launch day, over the years when I see everyone with the plus size iPhones, I recently just upgraded to the 6s plus. Size still seems big but I have no regrets and starting to love the phone more and more each day

When I initially saw the iPhone 6 Plus at a nearby Best Buy store, I was taken aback and considered going with the iPhone 6 instead. Still, I stuck to my decision to get the Plus size and am glad I did. Prior to getting the iPhone 6S Plus, I purchased the iPhone 6S, and kept it for a couple of days before switching it out for the 6S Plus. The size of the Plus version appears normal to me at this stage, however....:)

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I started out with a 6s Plus, and while I think sometimes it's a bit large for my hands, especially the odd occasion where I'm trying to use it one handed, I definitely appreciate the screen real estate. I'm hoping Apple can slim down the bezels on newer phones though. My previous phone was a 2014 Moto X and that was a great overall size. Basically the same height as a 6s but slightly wider. The reasons I went with the Plus were the battery, OIS, and screen size though. The 6s is a 4.7", the Plus is 5.5". My Moto X at nearly the same size body as the 6s was a 5.2" screen. I really didn't want to lose 1/2 an inch of screen real estate just to keep a similar in hand feel.

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I love my 6s plus. I played with a 6s and it felt to small. I wish the bezels were trimmed down though to make the phone smaller. I love the OIS and higher screen resolution.

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
The more I'm around my friends' 6s plus phones, the more I'm thinking about upgrading to the larger size. Did anyone else start with a 6s and move up to the plus? I'd like to hear thoughts / regrets. Thanks!

I went from a 6 to a 6s+ and as much as I like the 6s+. The size is awkward when it comes time to stow it in a pocket or cubby in the car...when not in use. I thought the Apple Watch might mitigate some of the awkwardness but it's usefulness has not materialized.

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Went from a 6 to 6S Plus. Very happy with my switch. The battery life difference is huge, love the OIS for my shaky hands, and better screen size and quality. All in all very happy.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I had a 6s and upgraded to the 6s Plus. Took about 72 hours to adjust to the size and I am loving the battery life and OIS. Not to mention, looking at photos and media is a far greater experience :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I used a 6 plus and 6s plus for a year and a half but 2 months ago went to a 6s. My carpel tunnel couldn't handle the huge phone anymore. So I guess I went backwards and my wrist is appreciating it greatly.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I used a 6 plus and 6s plus for a year and a half but 2 months ago went to a 6s. My carpel tunnel couldn't handle the huge phone anymore. So I guess I went backwards and my wrist is appreciating it greatly.

I have done the same, my wrists/fingers were giving up on the extensive use of the 6s+ #firstworldproblems.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I started with the 4.7" then went to the 5.5" and back. Now settled into the 6S Plus for a few reasons. One reason is that it becomes a nice catch all device now that I no longer have an iPad.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I started with the 4.7" then went to the 5.5" and back. Now settled into the 6S Plus for a few reasons. One reason is that it becomes a nice catch all device now that I no longer have an iPad.

And you bought my cases from my Plus. Lol. Yeah reason I had those for sale was I downgraded to a 6s.

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had every Note, most flagship Android phones (damn you Samsung for your stupid knox security and lack of root), and have also had literally every iPhone. Sill have the original, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5C, 5S, and SE. Got rid of the 6, 6+, 6S, and 6S+ due to their value and I didn't want to have that much money tied up just sitting around. I love my SE, I really do. The 6 and 6S battery life is laughable and w/out quick charge like Samsung and others, it's a joke that Apple even sells a phone that can't last all day in 2016... Thinness is not good IMHO. I want to pick up a 6S+ again for battery life and screen size but quite frankly, the bezels are very 2011 and make that phone much much larger than it needs to be. It's unwieldy and due to it's thinness, often times uncomfortable to hold. Samsung knocked it out of the park on the Note 5 (minus dropping the SD card slot) so I'm waiting to either go Note 6 or iP7. Again, I love the SE for the pocketability factors and great battery life, but man do I miss the screen size of a good 1080 or QHD display. If Apple could do the Plus model in Note 5 size and thickness, it would be perfect for me. I love Android, I really do, but when my son has his Air 2, iMac, and iPhone 5S, my fiance has her Air 2, rMB, and floats between a 6S and S7, and I have an iMac, rMBP, and a plethora of iOS devices, it just makes sense to stay with an iPhone.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Came over from the Nexus 6P to the iPhone 6s. The size was just something I couldn't get used to so I returned the 6s and went to the 6s+. The battery far and away has been the biggest surprise and a can't miss feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen