case or no case?

JerryRaia

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have tried speck, griffin and otterbox on my 6splus and they still added bulk to my device. I say if you don't want a case try this brand called peel I love because my phone can fit in my pocket well. Peel - Super Thin iPhone Cases
I just got one of these peel cases and it has changed my mind about cases. Best one I have ever used. Super thin. Looks like the phone doesn't have a case on it.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Evutec - S and SI Karbon, Osprey.
It’s hard to pick a favorite; however, my most recent purchase was the Evutec SI. I’ve had it for about a week. Highly recommended. It’s a great case!
I’ve also used a Zagg invisible shield glass screen protector since day one. No complaints.
What is your opinion on the S version? I bought the SI last week. I absolutely love the way it looks and feels, but my buttons were not responsive at all. It was almost as stiff as the official Apple leather cases. I bought the S version to replace it. I have a few questions for you:
1. Does it offer camera protection?
2. Is there any lay on the table protection?
3. Is the bottom of the case sharp? I rest the phone on my pinky underneath the charging port, and every open-bottom case I've used has had a sharp bottom edge that hurt my finger.
Thanks in advance!

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Why I use a screen protector? Sometime ago I had to replace my 6s one. My phone was without it for about 3 days. When I was putting on the new one I noticed 2 micro scratches on the screen so don't tell me tales about it being so much more resistant than glass protectors.....

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Case for me. I've already dropped my phone a few times. One of those times was when the phone came out of its handle bar mount on my bike. If I had no case or screen protector, then it would have been a trip back to the Apple store with a broken phone. The only thing I had to do was a quick trip to the Verizon store (which was closer), to get a new glass screen protector.

I have two cases. One from 3RDi Galleries for general everyday use; and a Fre Life proof case for beach and camping. My 6s Plus is thanking me for them.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My working conditions pretty much demand some kind of case. It's a sacrificial layer and much easier recognition when there are multiple phones all parked in the same safe place when work gets physical. Current choices are a red silicone (Apple stock case) or this Gear4 when I need something more protective.

wplantz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand people are clumsy and the reason for using a case, but I don't understand why anyone would use a "glass protector" of any kind on the front. None of them are even close to the hardness, scratch resistance, and protection offered by the iPhone front glass itself. Not even close. In most cases it's plain old window glass, or soft plastic. The plastic ones can even *increase* the likelihood of scratching the glass underneath and ALL of them decrease the sensitivity of the touch screen to some degree.

Any impact strong enough to break the "protector" will also surely shatter the iPhone glass as well, especially now that the iPhone front glass is curved and the edge (which is the part that is most prone to impacts) has to be naked anyway. What's the logic behind, "I'm going to put this big ole piece of cheap window glass on the front of my phone." ???

When you re-sell this thing, you will have to slather it with solvents to get all that mess off, and the person buying it is going to think it's "pristine" when in fact it will be full of gasoline or whatever was used to get off the glue that makes it stick. That's not very nice.

I've not had any of the experiences/trouble you're talking about with any tempered glass screen protector. I have had no issue removing them and they've saved my girlfriend's screen several times. The protector has cracked and the screen is fine. I will admit they look ugly on the 6 and 6s curved screen.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been caseless for two days now and it's really, really nice. I don't know how much longer I'm going to go naked but I'm enjoying it for the time being.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Because I'm out and about more these days, I've chosen to use the Otterbox Defender for a little while. This thing is HUGE and heavy, but it gives me a sense of security and the belt clip comes in handy. It's definitely a big difference compared to my  Leathers and Silicone cases.

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
No case, but I have a clear protector on the back. I bought it on eBay, cheap too. And, it gives it a nice grip, so it doesn't slip out of my hand or whatever surface it's on.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a OtterBox Defender, it's bulky and not very attractive but...it's a $800 phone so...I need to protect my investment. I'm not like most people here who can walk into AT&T and just drop nearly a grand on a new phone when it breaks.

I would like to try out one of these Draco bumpers with a skin...they look pretty tight.
maxresdefault.jpg

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a OtterBox Defender, it's bulky and not very attractive but...it's a $800 phone so...I need to protect my investment. I'm not like most people here who can walk into AT&T and just drop nearly a grand on a new phone when it breaks.

Most people carry some form of insurance(Applecare or through their provider) so they don't get hit with an $800 bill if it breaks.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I started using a Spigen Tough Armor Tech (different that the standard "tough armor") on my 6s Plus after looking for something a bit more rugged than my previous case from Native Union for hiking/etc. I was sold on the Spigen after watching some videos on YouTube where the guy takes 12 6s iPhones (not Plus models), 12 cases, and drops them from a height of 50 feet onto concrete. The Spigen is nice and thin for a rugged case and a 6s survived completely intact (no bends, dings, screen problems, etc.). I'm sure the extra weight and size of a Plus wouldn't fare as well, but I'm also not likely to ever drop it from 50 feet either lol. Of course, FWIW an Otterbox Commuter survived as well. The "tougher" Defender actually had some slight damage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro