case or no case?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I know this has been discussed over and over probably; but I'm going back and fourth. I know many swear by having a case on their phones, and for good reason. However, there are many that prefer not to rock a case. How many go naked? How many prefer a case? If nothing else, I must have a glass screen protector. With the new materials that's being used, is it completely necessary to have a case?

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I go back and forth. At work I prefer using a case. When I am home I never use a case. I'm so happy that I can do it because I prefer the look of the color. I tried using clear cases at home but they end up in the case drawer.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I would love to rock the phone without a case but I know the second I do, I'll drop or scratch it.

So right now I'm using a clear Speck Mightyshell. Its a good case and offers great protection....it just feels so wrong lol.

Maybe one day, I'll have the confidence to go caseless.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I think the best case is the Apple leather case as far as looks. But it really doesn't offer crash and burn protection. Speck cases are nice.

DerKane

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I know this has been discussed over and over probably; but I'm going back and fourth. I know many swear by having a case on their phones, and for good reason. However, there are many that prefer not to rock a case. How many go naked? How many prefer a case? If nothing else, I must have a glass screen protector. With the new materials that's being used, is it completely necessary to have a case?

I've 3 cases, Apple leather for work, the midnight blue silicon for home and a bumper one for when I'm on site

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Just took my phone out of the case and the phone felt way too slippery for my liking. Love the feel and size, but a little too slick for me.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Just took my phone out of the case and the phone felt way too slippery for my liking. Love the feel and size, but a little too slick for me.

Ah come on. Just try it for about 3 hours and see what you think. You will learn how to hold it. There is a method. She is such a beautiful piece of work. Let me know how it goes.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Ah come on. Just try it for about 3 hours and see what you think. You will learn how to hold it. There is a method. She is such a beautiful piece of work. Let me know how it goes.

LOL!!! Just as I took off my case, in runs my 4 year old daughter and asks if she can have it (even though she has her own devices). Also, I'm about to go out on a mountain bike ride, so maybe when I get back I'll brave it?

Later today we have a few party's to attend and the alcohol will be flowing lol, so it will be the perfect test!!!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Using a JETech case that came with my phone but AS SOON AS the Apple silicone cases that I bought from Garz come in, I'm switching up! Much prefer OEM cases!

szymunk

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm using PURO silicone case on 5S but would love to be able to take it off. Technically I am, but can't stand any scratches. Maybe it's easier with newer iPhones.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I will always use a case!! There is no point to go naked.... Not even for a couple hours, the phone is WAAAYYYY to slippery. Plus cases give the phone a whole new feel when you put on a different case. Right now I'm using a  leather case and it feels great

radeon962

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

I usually use a thin case like the Air Skin but bought one of the Hemp wraps from SlickWraps on 420 and it has the best grip of any skin I have tried.

Fits very well also. No drop protection but provides the additional grip I wanted without the bulk.