Numerical value vs signal bara

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
What the difference? And if the number is lower in the negativity is that better or worse? Like right now mine is -115 on LTE

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
What the difference? And if the number is lower in the negativity is that better or worse? Like right now mine is -115 on LTE

Field Test Mode is a hidden feature on the iPhone which allows you to see technical details of the device, the most useful of which is the true cell signal strength displayed as a number rather than the traditional signal bars or dots.

How to Read the Field Test Signal Indicator Numbers The numbers don?t follow a scale that makes much sense to normal people, but the lower the number (in other words, the more negative) the worse the signal, and the higher the number (less negative) the better.

• Anything above -80 is good, and would be considered full bars
  • Anything below -110 is bad, and would be considered few bars
For example, a signal number of -105 is considerably worse than a signal of -70. You?ll generally find that anything approaching -105 or lower is fairly bad reception, while anything above -80 is usually good, and if you tap the number signal it?s usually shown as full bars. The full range of the signal numbers extends from -40 to -120, with -130 being a nearly impossible number to see because it means no reception, and -40 would be about the strength you?d get being right alongside a cell tower. Technically, the number goes all the way to -140, but you will almost never see that because it basically means there is no signal to speak of, and most users will see -120 or -130 before it switches over to the ?No Service? indicator instead.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Field Test Mode is a hidden feature on the iPhone which allows you to see technical details of the device, the most useful of which is the true cell signal strength displayed as a number rather than the traditional signal bars or dots.

How to Read the Field Test Signal Indicator Numbers The numbers don?t follow a scale that makes much sense to normal people, but the lower the number (in other words, the more negative) the worse the signal, and the higher the number (less negative) the better.

• Anything above -80 is good, and would be considered full bars
  • Anything below -110 is bad, and would be considered few bars
For example, a signal number of -105 is considerably worse than a signal of -70. You?ll generally find that anything approaching -105 or lower is fairly bad reception, while anything above -80 is usually good, and if you tap the number signal it?s usually shown as full bars. The full range of the signal numbers extends from -40 to -120, with -130 being a nearly impossible number to see because it means no reception, and -40 would be about the strength you?d get being right alongside a cell tower. Technically, the number goes all the way to -140, but you will almost never see that because it basically means there is no signal to speak of, and most users will see -120 or -130 before it switches over to the ?No Service? indicator instead.

So in my basement i am getting LTE -117 that means I am getting really bad signal

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine is at -114 most of the time. But I've never had a dropped call. Reception seems fine. It's a -113 now.
A dot or bar has a wide range. 2 dots is like from maybe -104 to -115. Over -115 would be 1 dot. Something like that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No and and when I do I speed test it seems fine but ya no dropped calls or failed texts

That's great. -117 is pushing it a bit. My signal improves as soon as I step outside. I go from 2 dots to 4 or 5 when I go outside. So there's something here interrupting my signal inside. Haven't figured out what. Possibly metal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro