WiFi Hot Spot not being seen.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
When I turn on my iPhone's mobile hotspot, it isn't seen by the devices I'm trying to connect.

Even after the turning it off and on several times and turning the wifi off and on on the device I'm trying to connect with. Eventually, after about 5 min and several tries it will be visible and I can connect to it.

Once I'm finally connected it works fine; it shouldn't take 5 minutes to get it to work though.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
If it were me I would take your device to the Apple Store and allow them to take a peek.

Before doing that I would like to know if others are having the same problem. I don't think its hardware. For instance, I just turned it on and now my devices can see it an connect just fine. I've not been able to replicate it consistently.

Other times it takes two or three times, where other times it would take 5 or more times to work. This leads me to think there is a software OS level problem not hardware.

So is anybody else experiencing this? If so, how often, and how many times do you need to turn it on/off for it to work?

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Before doing that I would like to know if others are having the same problem. I don't think its hardware. For instance, I just turned it on and now my devices can see it an connect just fine. I've not been able to replicate it consistently.

Other times it takes two or three times, where other times it would take 5 or more times to work. This leads me to think there is a software OS level problem not hardware.

So is anybody else experiencing this? If so, how often, and how many times do you need to turn it on/off for it to work?

Yes, i had experienced this since ios 6....The wifi hotspot easily detected on the first attempt, however after disconnected for a while and you would like to create the hotspot again on second attempt, it will not success. Normally i need to turn on/off for 2-3 times to get it works. I think not many users using this function that's why they are not aware.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I have this issue from time to time. Turning Personal Hotspot off and on again one time fixes it though.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I had this happen over the weekend. I started my hotspot and connected my laptop for about an hour. Turned it off and back on after a few hours and my laptop did not see it but about 5 minutes. I don't recall turning the hotspot off and back on, but I may have. Then again I've only had the phone (6s plus) about a week.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine has done the very same thing. I don't think it's hardware at fault. Usually if I let it sit or turn the hotspot off and on a couple of times it works. I have had to reboot my phone to get it to connect once, though. Kind of a pain. But not the end of the world.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I normally keep mine turned off until needed. No sense in broadcasting a hotspot if there is no need for it.

There have been a few times where I forgot to turn it off and when I go to turn it on (assuming it's off), it shows that it is on. I think that is where the issue starts to come up. I turn it off, then turn it back on and my other devices are still unable to see it. That is when I have to turn if off and on repeatedly.

I wonder if it has something to do with leaving it on and since nothing is connected to it stops broadcasting; even though it says it is.

I'll have to play with it a bit and see if that may be the issue.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Aaaannnddd....I had the same problems connecting to it again last night. Even after a restart, my other device couldn't see the hot spot. I turned in off and on several times, did a restart and it finally connected after over 5 minutes of fiddling with it.

But just now, I went into my settings and saw that it was turned on. Turned it off, and then back on and my devices can see it. Why oh why do you make things complicated Apple???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro