Why are my Whatsapp notifications silent when connected to my car via Bluetooth?

shannonh677

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Whatsapp notifications are silent when connected to car via Bluetooth

Hello everyone! I'm new to iPhone having just bought my first one in February. I came over from a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I love it. I just bought a new car (Nissan) that has Bluetooth capability. When I connect my iPhone, regular texts and phone calls come through fine. The radio silences and I can read texts or answer calls. But I use Whatsapp with my husband because I have bad cell service at work and we can chat with Whatsapp over the wi-fi (he has an android). Whenever he messages me in the car via Whatsapp, there is no notification sound. I have no idea I even have a message. I looked at the settings in Whatsapp while in my car and tried to change the tone. It's even silent then. Is there any way to connect Whatsapp so that I can get those messages or at least hear the notification so I know to pick up my phone?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

DerKane

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp notifications are silent when connected to car via Bluetooth

Hello everyone! I'm new to iPhone having just bought my first one in February. I came over from a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I love it. I just bought a new car (Nissan) that has Bluetooth capability. When I connect my iPhone, regular texts and phone calls come through fine. The radio silences and I can read texts or answer calls. But I use Whatsapp with my husband because I have bad cell service at work and we can chat with Whatsapp over the wi-fi (he has an android). Whenever he messages me in the car via Whatsapp, there is no notification sound. I have no idea I even have a message. I looked at the settings in Whatsapp while in my car and tried to change the tone. It's even silent then. Is there any way to connect Whatsapp so that I can get those messages or at least hear the notification so I know to pick up my phone?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I think the whatsapp notification is classified as media and it would only come through if you had the iPhone playing music.....or at lest that is what happens on my Golf.

shannonh677

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp notifications are silent when connected to car via Bluetooth

OK, that actually makes a little sense. I'm new to Bluetooth too! To play music from my iPhone in the car it has to be connected via a USB so I wonder if I connect that way if the tone will sound then. But that's kinda crappy. I wish it wouldn't silence the notification. I miss lots of messages from my husband.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW