Which one is worthy of downloading and Why? I actually been told Whatsapp is better because. Telegram app is a terrorist app and they seem to monitor that app. Is that True or just exaggeration. Thank you.
    04-07-2016 01:55 AM
  2. DerKane said: Best Answer

Which one is worthy of downloading and Why? I actually been told Whatsapp is better because. Telegram app is a terrorist app and they seem to monitor that app. Is that True or just exaggeration. Thank you.
    I use both, they have their merits.

Telegram can be used on any device and syncs your chat history between them, it also has gift support and chatbots available for a but if fun.

WhatsApp has a wider user base but it is pretty basic by comparison.
    WhatsApp! They just added end to end encryption.
    wickedvvayz and Rob Phillips like this.
    04-07-2016 01:56 AM
    Thank you
    04-07-2016 02:11 AM
    I use both, they have their merits.

Telegram can be used on any device and syncs your chat history between them, it also has gift support and chatbots available for a but if fun.

WhatsApp has a wider user base but it is pretty basic by comparison.
    04-07-2016 02:49 AM
    I use WhatsApp and it works great. As said below, end to end encryption I don't know the other one so can't comment on it
    04-08-2016 12:18 AM
    It's all about what your family/friends use. Lots of good chat apps.

Random points:

- telegram is out of Germany and has been all about privacy/security. They're still not as good at security/privacy as Signal or Threema

- whatsapp is just so popular worldwide, especially outside USA. Yeah they added encryption recently but they're still pretty low on the security/privacy scale

- Often it's just geography. Facebook messenger is so popular in USA. Whatsapp dominates globally. Line, Kakao, WeChat very popular in their respective Asian countries/regions
    Last edited by avmsam; 04-08-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-08-2016 08:54 PM
    Is encryption really important for the normal person? Do I care if the government listens to me talk to my family and friends?
    04-08-2016 09:04 PM
    Is encryption really important for the normal person? Do I care if the government listens to me talk to my family and friends?
    You should care if someone is good at getting into your messages and photos and ends up blackmailing you over something that was contained within those.
    04-09-2016 04:18 PM
    Never heard of WhatsApp. But, I know that telegrams work quite well.
    04-09-2016 04:44 PM
    Even if your not doing nothing wrong and minding your own business. You at least want some sense of privacy and security. i have downloaded both apps. The majority of my contacts use Whatsapp. Telegram is pretty basic and lacks options. Thank you for the comments.
    Last edited by wickedvvayz; 04-12-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    04-11-2016 09:17 PM
    Encryption is tremendously important. I hold my right to privacy to a pretty high regard.
    wickedvvayz likes this.
    04-11-2016 09:34 PM