Whatsapp or Telegram?

wickedvvayz

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Which one is worthy of downloading and Why? I actually been told Whatsapp is better because. Telegram app is a terrorist app and they seem to monitor that app. Is that True or just exaggeration. Thank you.

DerKane

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Which one is worthy of downloading and Why? I actually been told Whatsapp is better because. Telegram app is a terrorist app and they seem to monitor that app. Is that True or just exaggeration. Thank you.

I use both, they have their merits.

Telegram can be used on any device and syncs your chat history between them, it also has gift support and chatbots available for a but if fun.

WhatsApp has a wider user base but it is pretty basic by comparison.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
It's all about what your family/friends use. Lots of good chat apps.

Random points:

- telegram is out of Germany and has been all about privacy/security. They're still not as good at security/privacy as Signal or Threema

- whatsapp is just so popular worldwide, especially outside USA. Yeah they added encryption recently but they're still pretty low on the security/privacy scale

- Often it's just geography. Facebook messenger is so popular in USA. Whatsapp dominates globally. Line, Kakao, WeChat very popular in their respective Asian countries/regions

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Is encryption really important for the normal person? Do I care if the government listens to me talk to my family and friends?

You should care if someone is good at getting into your messages and photos and ends up blackmailing you over something that was contained within those.

wickedvvayz

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Even if your not doing nothing wrong and minding your own business. You at least want some sense of privacy and security. i have downloaded both apps. The majority of my contacts use Whatsapp. Telegram is pretty basic and lacks options. Thank you for the comments.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711