Device screen went BLACK

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
So when did you faced your iPhone screen went black or like dead last time. I faced it today and it freaked me out as hell. It went into that state all of a sudden, no hits to device, never fell down or slipped down from hands. It didn't had any kind of this issues. But I had this experience with Lumia and BlackBerry. As their batteries can be removed it didn't worried me much but as non-removable battery iPhone worried me very much. Another thing is it's just two months old device.

Solution: I wish this solution will help most of the people those who face this issue.

Press down the sleep/wake up button along with "home" button for few seconds or a moment. You will notice the Apple logo which means your device is reset and it will start working as normal now.

Reason (I'm guessing) : If a device tries to receive signals when you're working in a place where the signals are low. The device gets hot and it can cause severe damage. So it's better to turn your device into "airplane" mode.

If there are any other suggestions, it is very much appreciated. As I'm pretty new to Apple, any updates on this issue is welcome

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. These phones are complex little devices and no software is perfect.
I don't think that overheating is your issue. Your phone shouldn't be overheating on its own, even in low signal areas. It's more likely to display a overheated message before shutting down. Turning on airplane mode will save battery power, of course, but will also render your iPhone pretty useless.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. These phones are complex little devices and no software is perfect.
I don't think that overheating is your issue. Your phone shouldn't be overheating on its own, even in low signal areas. It's more likely to display a overheated message before shutting down. Turning on airplane mode will save battery power, of course, but will also render your iPhone pretty useless.
I agree, I had my old 6+ overheat and it does display a message and won't allow use until it cools. Weak signal should never cause the phone to overheat.

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
When signals are weak, the antennas inside tries to get the reception. After repeated tries, the device gets hot.

This is the reason said by two employees working at Motorola. If anyone reads this, let me know if it's right or wrong.

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Even it is on flight mode, iPhone is never useless. it's a beauty in hands.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal