Anyone use their 6S Plus as an all-in-one?

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My 6S Plus is used for pretty much all my communication needs. Calls, text, email, blogging, social media, etc. A few games, light photo editing and note taking. My Mac and Surface Pro are primarily for music production, recording, editing and other heavier tasks.

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Doc, I remember a thread you had in the Android Central forums about going back and forth between the Note 5 and iPhone. Are you staying with iPhone now? I went back and forth but the problem for me wasn't the phone, it was Android. I can do most everything I need on my 6s plus and it is much more integrated and fluid.

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Never mind I saw where you sold it. I get it. I had an S7 for almost 2 weeks before finally going back to an iPhone. I stayed with Android for 2 1/2 months but I cannot go back right now. The only phone that could lure me back might be the next Nexus.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Never mind I saw where you sold it. I get it. I had an S7 for almost 2 weeks before finally going back to an iPhone. I stayed with Android for 2 1/2 months but I cannot go back right now. The only phone that could lure me back might be the next Nexus.
I did sell it. And now I'm back on Android with my old Nexus 6. No complaints about either device or either platform. I'm just feeling my Nexus 6 right now.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Last year I was able to use my Note 4 as my only computing device. No tablet, no laptop, no smart watch. Just the Note 4. Did the same thing with the Note 5. I was wondering if anyone has done this with their plus iPhone.

I actually do this as much as possible. I usually go on my computer only when there is something I can't do on my 6s+ which isn't very much. I also go on the computer on occasion when a bigger screen and keyboard is just easier but a great deal of my life is controlled thru my iPhone which is after all, the point of a smart phone.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Whatever makes you happy! Enjoy your device!

Ahh it's ok. I used to be just like you but there will come a time when you finally figure it out and just go with iPhone. I used to really dislike them but after years of futzing around with Android and trying to get everything just perfect, I finally decided that I needed a phone that was already perfect and did what I needed, when I needed with no intervention from me. Then it hit me that the time was now right to go over to the dark side. Here I am and I quite honestly have no plans to ever leave now. I'm on the new "iPhone for Life" plan.

raymaane

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPhone for music, most forms of communication, and pretty much everything else. My MacBook is used for blogging, and general internet browsing.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually do this as much as possible. I usually go on my computer only when there is something I can't do on my 6s+ which isn't very much. I also go on the computer on occasion when a bigger screen and keyboard is just easier but a great deal of my life is controlled thru my iPhone which is after all, the point of a smart phone.
I think that most people could use their smartphone as an all in one device of they learned how to. I have been fortunate that my lifestyle does allow me to use my smartphone outside of work exclusively for any task. And it has become easier for me to just do my computing from my smartphone because it's more portable, faster, and more convenient.

St_Deborah

Banned
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Not as an "all in one" but, for me, it does replace the need to have an iPad or a tablet at all.
I'm a writer, so I can't get rid of my computer altogether - that'll never happen anyway, as my house is filled with varying kinds. When my last laptop that I'd been using, finally was too cumbersome to carry - and frankly just getting a bit slower than I could deal with - I considered the Surface and iPhone 6 combo, but I had some gripes with the Surface. Anyway, to make a long story short, I went MacBook Pro. Since I don't like the idea of having to switch from laptop to desktop dealing with my manuscripts, I figured go for the more powerful device.
But then there are times when I'm just hanging and I hear dialogue or some other things come to me and I need to hurriedly jot it down. I went for the 6s Plus last week for that very reason. I write a slew of notes and I really didn't want to have to bring all of this stuff out on a daily (we have several children, including an infant, and this would defeat the purpose of why I even went for a smaller laptop to begin with). So for me, the Plus/MacBook Pro combo works well.
I always say keep it simple
f1639079b9723b2071ce10b31928ad10.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR