Anyone use their 6S Plus as an all-in-one?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
For me, being the IT Support Manager, a desktop and laptop, helps ;)

I'm sure it would. One of the things that I have gotten used to on my iPad is typing on the the screen. I used to have all sorts of trouble doing this in the beginning but I kept at it. And now I prefer it to a traditional physical keyboard. It makes the iPad more portable as well. I guess I'm lucky that I can get along without a computer.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Reason why I started this thread is because I was thinking about going without the iPad for a while. I really haven't used it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But I find it cumbersome choosing between it and my iPhone 6S Plus. For a lot of things it's just easier using my phone. So I have been. I think that I could get away with just using my phone for most things.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine is used for calls and texts, plus Facebook, web browsing, and some simple games when I'm out and about. Otherwise everything else is done on my Kubuntu computers.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Great Question - For me, the more I am trying to use my iPad Pro as a laptop replacement the more I am learning and getting used to doing work in ways that you do not do with a traditional computer. Why Apple won't allow us to have a save button and file structure still stinks however I am learning that share sheets work just as well once you get the hang of using them. So the more proficient I have been getting with my iPad Pro has allowed me to use my iPhone 6s Plus more as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great Question - For me, the more I am trying to use my iPad Pro as a laptop replacement the more I am learning and getting used to doing work in ways that you do not do with a traditional computer. Why Apple won't allow us to have a save button and file structure still stinks however I am learning that share sheets work just as well once you get the hang of using them. So the more proficient I have been getting with my iPad Pro has allowed me to use my iPhone 6s Plus more as well.

That is exactly what I'm envisioning when I get my iPad Pro. It'll be different, but I'll adjust. I assume one of the biggest adjustments will be the lack of a touchpad/mouse.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what I'm envisioning when I get my iPad Pro. It'll be different, but I'll adjust. I assume one of the biggest adjustments will be the lack of a touchpad/mouse.

Yes Sir, the lack of mouse is still my biggest obstacle. However saving documents to iCloud/OneDrive has started to become second nature, just have to remember to "share" LOL .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes Sir, the lack of mouse is still my biggest obstacle. However saving documents to iCloud/OneDrive has started to become second nature, just have to remember to "share" LOL .

I'm already used to saving/sharing to iCloud, Dropbox, Evernote, etc. I do that now with both my iPhone and MacBook, however, one of my biggest concerns is with restoring my iOS device. I prefer to use iTunes over iCloud. Furthermore, when things go wrong with your iOS device, fixing it requires connecting it to iTunes which means a computer is still necessary. Know what I mean?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I should just retire from the forums. I have lost all credibility today. Let me explain, and then I will gladly depart the forums so I can indulge in my very strange behaviors. So I have had the 6S Plus for about four months and it has been great. A dream really. It was an abrupt departure from the Note 5, but it just seemed to make sense at the time. As recent as yesterday I was extolling all of the reasons why I am so comfortable with my iPhone. So I decided today that I should finally sell some of my other devices because I was so happy with my iPhone. I have a Note 5 and Nexus 6. I had been playing with my Note 5 for about three weeks and I have to admit at times I become a little undecided about it. There are so many things I love about it. And I thought for certain that if I were to leave my iPhone that the Note would be it. But, nonetheless, I packed it up ready to be sold. I had forgotten about the Nexus 6. Really wasn't into stock Android anymore. But I took it out if the box and decided to put a SIM in it. Just for a little. Well, that turned into all day. Fell in love with this thing all over again. So what did I do? Put the iPhone and Note up for sale. And they sold!!! So now I only have one device, the Nexus 6. The most unlikely suspect to guide me back to Android. I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I should just retire from the forums. I have lost all credibility today. Let me explain, and then I will gladly depart the forums so I can indulge in my very strange behaviors. So I have had the 6S Plus for about four months and it has been great. A dream really. It was an abrupt departure from the Note 5, but it just seemed to make sense at the time. As recent as yesterday I was extolling all of the reasons why I am so comfortable with my iPhone. So I decided today that I should finally sell some of my other devices because I was so happy with my iPhone. I have a Note 5 and Nexus 6. I had been playing with my Note 5 for about three weeks and I have to admit at times I become a little undecided about it. There are so many things I love about it. And I thought for certain that if I were to leave my iPhone that the Note would be it. But, nonetheless, I packed it up ready to be sold. I had forgotten about the Nexus 6. Really wasn't into stock Android anymore. But I took it out if the box and decided to put a SIM in it. Just for a little. Well, that turned into all day. Fell in love with this thing all over again. So what did I do? Put the iPhone and Note up for sale. And they sold!!! So now I only have one device, the Nexus 6. The most unlikely suspect to guide me back to Android. I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

LOL to each their own :) I always keep one of each, right now I am using my 6s but do occasionally switch over to the Note 5. I had a Nexus 6 in the past but sold it, personally would never choose it over the 6s

Posted via the Android iMore App!

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Whatever makes you happy! Enjoy your device!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what makes me happy.

We must be brothers from different mothers. I fall in love with something, see something shiny and decide if be happier with it, then start over with what I originally had!

I'm on my 2nd 6S Plus now. Have had two 6S's, a Note 5 & a Galaxy S6. I give up trying to figure out what I like. I like technology. Period.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
We must be brothers from different mothers. I fall in love with something, see something shiny and decide if be happier with it, then start over with what I originally had!

I'm on my 2nd 6S Plus now. Have had two 6S's, a Note 5 & a Galaxy S6. I give up trying to figure out what I like. I like technology. Period.

Make that 3 of us. I gave up my 6s for a note 5 then switched to a s7 edge and now I'm finally back with a 6s plus. I came to the conclusion that I can't force myself to pick so I'll just be in every Eco system.

dlashworthjr

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
When I had an iPhone, I did. I had the 6+ and because of its size i used it for almost everything. I got rid of my iPad Air and went all in, even writing one my my school papers on it, using a bluetooth keyboard. I also bought the TV adapter and boom Apple TV. However, I left one of the big four carriers and went with a smaller MNVO, being forced to buy an Android. I have a Mac and prefer to be inside Apple's ecosystem, so I'm slowly thinking of the best combo. I love my +, but in everyday usage, it was just to much, so I think I would go 4.7 this time.

dlashworthjr

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm the same way. I've been an Apple user for years now since leaving the them for a budget 2014 Moto G Android, I've been amazed at what a $100 phone can do. Dual front facing speakers, is a win, Marshmallow, is nice but would like a list of you apps to toggle on off in settings like iOS. currently, you have to click on the app to do anything with. Anyway, thats besides the point. I'm saving up for the iPhone 7 and even entered in the contest to win the SE, that which ever comes first, would definitely bring me back to iOS. Yet I did the strangest thing, I bought a Nexus 5X that was on sell for $250. I've fallen in love with emulators and the affordable technology that Google offers. I have a Chromecast and with an old XBOX 360 controller, can enjoy RPG games on the tv! Most of these games I've purchased from the App Store, but its just the idea that I did all of this for free, instead of paying $20 for a game on the app store. I'm torn between the two. I have OCD and would like my tech to be the same Excluding my Mac Air, no matter what I own, I'll always have MacBook. These past few weeks I've been content with my Android, till I hop onto iMore, then I feel like something is missing and want my iPhone back. I know the moment that I have the money or if I win the SE give away, I'll go back to iOS. But this little Moto G, is a G.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Wow buddy just wow. Never saw that coming

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW