Anyone use their 6S Plus as an all-in-one?

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I do find I use my ipad Mini much less since going to the 6S+ instead of the iPhone 6.

If I'm browsing websites or watching youtube usually laziness wins and I just do it on my phone. I don't see it replacing my Mac but I may be less likely to upgrade my ipad anytime soon.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I probably do 90% of my personal "computing" on my iPhone 6S Plus. The other 10% on an iMac or Macbook. Having this large screen really has reduced how much I use my other devices. For work, however, it's the opposite. 90% Mac, 10% iPhone/iPad

fletchergull

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I did when I first got it... at least used it instead of the iPad... (not the mac though)
but then with time I started realizing that I still need the iPad for many other things...
so now I use it as a phone, and unless those dual lens rumors are true with the 7+, planning to go back to the smaller size aka 7 not 7+...

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
What are the all-in-one things you did on your Samsung device? Are you able to do programming as well? lol just curious. What do you mean exactly by it.

Last year I was able to use my Note 4 as my only computing device. No tablet, no laptop, no smart watch. Just the Note 4. Did the same thing with the Note 5. I was wondering if anyone has done this with their plus iPhone.

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I had been an avid and enthusiastic, biased user of BlackBerry for ages. Last year, when I took 6plus I couldn't cope up much and after using for few months, I sold it and moved to Passport again. But on January 21, I purchased iPhone 6S plus. Since then, I never looked at my secondary device or kindle.
What did I do exactly on my iphone over past 6 weeks:

I am student of health care management.

I use blackboard on my device. I print pdf files with airprint in my University library.

I read books and pdf files on ibooks, even if I purchase epub books, i sync them to my device.

I use spotify for playing music.

I use mirroring while watching videos on YouTube.

I have native banking apps.

I plan my trips accordingly.

I use for online shopping and grocery shopping catalogue specials as well.

I use it for IM.

I use wordpress for blogging, twitter, IG.

Calendar, time tables, cloud drive. I edit some of the documents.

To suffice these, I carry extra 3000 Li-Polymer external battery.

Even though I need to use Office and Statistics software, that is the only reason I use my laptop now.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
What are the all-in-one things you did on your Samsung device? Are you able to do programming as well? lol just curious. What do you mean exactly by it.

All-in-one for me means that I can do all of my computing, work (emails and manage documents), entertainment, and messaging/calls. I could do all of those things with my Note 5. I haven't tried with the iPhone 6S Plus.

nadaya

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure its definitely possible although I haven't tried it out myself. I prefer the touch of a real keyboard :) after a while though, i'm sure storage would get a bit tight on the device!!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I think it's possible. I'd probably be able to do 99% of all the things I need to do on my 6S plus. However it's more convenient and enjoyable to use my iPad Air 2 and MacBook Air as they offer more real estate for things like watching videos, playing games, long web browsing sessions.

Kyle Trail

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, that was my original intent when I upped the size (internally and externally) of my iPhone and snagged a 64GB iPhone 6+ about 18 months ago. I think I could, at least, do without a tablet any longer if it weren't for just one tiny fact...

Nobody develops their apps to work on these devices. Simple things like "facebook" and "Spotify" don't do landscape on a phone (well, an iOS phone anyway) and it pisses me off to high heaven. Ridiculous!

Apple shows them the way with their apps like "Mail", "Safari", and even "Settings" working properly.

I just don't get it devs. I see update after update after update for apps and still no landscape for larger screen devices (iPhone 6/6s or 6+/6s+).

Other than that, I definitely don't see the need for a tablet device any longer with a screen this large. I do, however, still need a computer for a lot of things, but I do alot of Photoshop work and some video editing as well.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I use my 6s+ and Apple Watch to keep me informed, a Samsung Tab S2 for reading, and a Surface Pro 4 for a laptop. I'm not a loyalist by any stretch.

ikansas

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I feel like most people use their devices like this now. I almost do, but Im currently in college and can't write papers or take tests on my phone comfortably. I use my phone for everything else though.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
No, I like my desktop with dual monitors. I tend to use my smartphones, just as that, a connection for when I'm not near my computer...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR