Anyone use their 6S Plus as an all-in-one?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Last year I was able to use my Note 4 as my only computing device. No tablet, no laptop, no smart watch. Just the Note 4. Did the same thing with the Note 5. I was wondering if anyone has done this with their plus iPhone.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I much prefer doing work related stuff on the Mac, and gaming or entertainment on my iPad.

I'm sure it's possible to use the iPhone as an all in one device.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I use my MacBook for classes & work related stuff. Everything else I use my phone for. I have a iPod touch I use for my car. I.E. music, GPS, etc.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd need a computer, but I could see using the Plus and stop using my iPad Mini. Close enough in size :) I have the 6s, but next iteration will be a Plus. My iPad Mini is due for an update soon anyway, so 2 birds with one stone I guess!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a nice thought but I'm in grad school so it simply doesn't work for me. I need a traditional file system and a big screen. Once I'm done with school and my MacBook dies it's a possibility though.
Everyone's needs are different.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's a nice thought but I'm in grad school so it simply doesn't work for me. I need a traditional file system and a big screen. Once I'm done with school and my MacBook dies it's a possibility though.
Everyone's needs are different.

And I don't really have a need to have a computer anymore. I can use my iPad for everything work related. And I was wondering if anyone took it further and just used their iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Could I use my iPhone 6S Plus as my sole computing device? Probably, but like the others, I prefer to do some things on a MacBook. Web browsing is still a PITA in desktop mode because using pinch and zoom is irritating at times, especially when a site's mobile view is lacking. Filling out online or scanned forms is easier for me on a computer.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I use my 6 plus as my lazy time computing need. Sitting too long on computer chair ache. Maybe i have small ***. :)

And on the go. So yes. Computer and 6 plus.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Guess it all depends on what you want to do. I use my laptop in my office strictly for Quickbooks doing daily entries. I'm on it maybe 10 min a day. All emails, file attachments etc I do right from my 6S Plus. My iMac at home doesn't get much work. I go on it once and a while to look at photos.

So basically I only use a computer 10 min a day really for my work. All emails, web browsing, social stuff and music all in the phone.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Guess it all depends on what you want to do. I use my laptop in my office strictly for Quickbooks doing daily entries. I'm on it maybe 10 min a day. All emails, file attachments etc I do right from my 6S Plus. My iMac at home doesn't get much work. I go on it once and a while to look at photos.

So basically I only use a computer 10 min a day really for my work. All emails, web browsing, social stuff and music all in the phone.

Do you find that you get along with that system ok? I was thinking that I could probably do that as well.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you find that you get along with that system ok? I was thinking that I could probably do that as well.

Yes it's been totally fine. My daily work routine is probably different from yours. I mean we even have two iPad 3s at home and an iPad mini and I never touch them for anything. Even my wife uses her 6 Plus all day. Basically just the kids use iPads at home. This is the main reason why my wife and I got bigger screen devices in the last year.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would need a secondary device. Either a computer or a tablet. While the Plus is a decent size, it wouldn't cover all my bases. I use Google Docs and Sheets kind of regularly, and while they work well on the phone, they're much better on a bigger screen of a computer or tablet.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Using my iPhone is certainly possible for most of the tasks I do, it's just a lot more pleasant to use other things. Generally, I switch to my Macbook for work not because my iOS devices are not capable of what I want, but simply because I find working on larger screens more pleasant.

I am hoping to transition to an iPad Pro as my primary daily work device though, and I'm curious to see how that affects my phone use. Once most of my work happens in iOS, I suspect I'll use my phone for more productivity-oriented tasks as well. Anyone had that experience?

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I use a Mac (an aging iMac and a newer mini), iPad Air2, and a 6+. Sometimes I even break out the Nano, mounted in a watch band.

Could I drop to just one Mac and a iPhone. Possibly, but why would I want to ? I don't have to compromise.

I could also never go back to BB or Android (even though I like the size of the Q10 for some things).

bex85

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I love my iPhone 6S Plus and I can do a lot of stuff on it but, I couldnt not be without my Mac as sometimes I just need the proper desktop version of a web page for example. One such site being Google Spreadsheets, I have a formula which I just extend down the page as and when I need it but, I can only "pull" the formula to other rows on the Macbook, havent found a way to do it on the phone or a tablet, regardless of whether I'm using the website or official app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I no longer have a computer that works. I use only my iPhone 6s Plus. I haven't synced to iTunes in 3 years. I may need to at some point. But so far I've done well with just the phone.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I got my 6S Plus I found I've been using my chromebook laptop MUCH less than before. For the most part, it's an all-in-one (non-work) device for me. As a software engineer I need a powerful desktop to do my job effectively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh