What are the all-in-one things you did on your Samsung device? Are you able to do programming as well? lol just curious. What do you mean exactly by it.
    All-in-one for me means that I can do all of my computing, work (emails and manage documents), entertainment, and messaging/calls. I could do all of those things with my Note 5. I haven't tried with the iPhone 6S Plus.
    Intense Soul likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:56 PM
    I'm sure its definitely possible although I haven't tried it out myself. I prefer the touch of a real keyboard after a while though, i'm sure storage would get a bit tight on the device!!
    03-17-2016 12:31 AM
    yes but its stolen
    03-17-2016 06:29 AM
    I think it's possible. I'd probably be able to do 99% of all the things I need to do on my 6S plus. However it's more convenient and enjoyable to use my iPad Air 2 and MacBook Air as they offer more real estate for things like watching videos, playing games, long web browsing sessions.
    03-17-2016 07:44 AM
    Well, that was my original intent when I upped the size (internally and externally) of my iPhone and snagged a 64GB iPhone 6+ about 18 months ago. I think I could, at least, do without a tablet any longer if it weren't for just one tiny fact...

Nobody develops their apps to work on these devices. Simple things like "facebook" and "Spotify" don't do landscape on a phone (well, an iOS phone anyway) and it pisses me off to high heaven. Ridiculous!

Apple shows them the way with their apps like "Mail", "Safari", and even "Settings" working properly.

I just don't get it devs. I see update after update after update for apps and still no landscape for larger screen devices (iPhone 6/6s or 6+/6s+).

Other than that, I definitely don't see the need for a tablet device any longer with a screen this large. I do, however, still need a computer for a lot of things, but I do alot of Photoshop work and some video editing as well.
    jianrong likes this.
    03-17-2016 12:31 PM
    need laptop for work, but during the rest of the time it's my go to device.
    03-17-2016 01:33 PM
    Hardly touch my iPad anymore since getting the s+ but still prefer my Mac for most things.
    03-17-2016 02:29 PM
    Nope, I use my MacBook for classes & work related stuff. Everything else I use my phone for. I have a iPod touch I use for my car. I.E. music, GPS, etc.
    What GPS do you use? Does it not use data since you use it on your iPod touch?
    03-17-2016 02:42 PM
    I use my 6s+ and Apple Watch to keep me informed, a Samsung Tab S2 for reading, and a Surface Pro 4 for a laptop. I'm not a loyalist by any stretch.
    03-18-2016 11:12 AM
    I feel like most people use their devices like this now. I almost do, but Im currently in college and can't write papers or take tests on my phone comfortably. I use my phone for everything else though.
    03-18-2016 11:35 AM
    I'll always keep a laptop around. Could never see updating my resume or creating a real exel sheet on a phone.
    03-18-2016 01:16 PM
    I
    I'll always keep a laptop around. Could never see updating my resume or creating a real exel sheet on a phone.
    It can be done. I've been doing it. Well kinda.
    03-20-2016 07:05 AM
    I

It can be done. I've been doing it. Well kinda.
    I guess I'm old school (or just old) but I still prefer having my laptop when I'm home, which is almost all the time. If I'm out my 6S+ will tide me over.
    03-20-2016 03:01 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if OSX and iOS start to merge a bit at some point. True universal apps
    Personally, I don't think iOS and OS X will ever merge; however I think Apple will make their devices much more ubiquitous and synchronised.
    03-20-2016 03:46 PM
    No, I like my desktop with dual monitors. I tend to use my smartphones, just as that, a connection for when I'm not near my computer...
    jayk82 likes this.
    03-26-2016 10:23 PM
    No, I like my desktop with dual monitors. I tend to use my smartphones, just as that, a connection for when I'm not near my computer...
    I have been able to deal without a real computer for most of the time. I'm so happy that I don't have to deal with a desktop or laptop.
    03-28-2016 01:21 AM
    For me, being the IT Support Manager, a desktop and laptop, helps

I have been able to deal without a real computer for most of the time. I'm so happy that I don't have to deal with a desktop or laptop.
    03-28-2016 07:12 AM
    For me, being the IT Support Manager, a desktop and laptop, helps
    I'm sure it would. One of the things that I have gotten used to on my iPad is typing on the the screen. I used to have all sorts of trouble doing this in the beginning but I kept at it. And now I prefer it to a traditional physical keyboard. It makes the iPad more portable as well. I guess I'm lucky that I can get along without a computer.
    03-28-2016 07:17 AM
    Reason why I started this thread is because I was thinking about going without the iPad for a while. I really haven't used it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But I find it cumbersome choosing between it and my iPhone 6S Plus. For a lot of things it's just easier using my phone. So I have been. I think that I could get away with just using my phone for most things.
    03-29-2016 05:58 AM
    Mine is used for calls and texts, plus Facebook, web browsing, and some simple games when I'm out and about. Otherwise everything else is done on my Kubuntu computers.
    03-29-2016 12:36 PM
    Great Question - For me, the more I am trying to use my iPad Pro as a laptop replacement the more I am learning and getting used to doing work in ways that you do not do with a traditional computer. Why Apple won't allow us to have a save button and file structure still stinks however I am learning that share sheets work just as well once you get the hang of using them. So the more proficient I have been getting with my iPad Pro has allowed me to use my iPhone 6s Plus more as well.
    03-29-2016 12:54 PM
    Great Question - For me, the more I am trying to use my iPad Pro as a laptop replacement the more I am learning and getting used to doing work in ways that you do not do with a traditional computer. Why Apple won't allow us to have a save button and file structure still stinks however I am learning that share sheets work just as well once you get the hang of using them. So the more proficient I have been getting with my iPad Pro has allowed me to use my iPhone 6s Plus more as well.
    That is exactly what I'm envisioning when I get my iPad Pro. It'll be different, but I'll adjust. I assume one of the biggest adjustments will be the lack of a touchpad/mouse.
    03-29-2016 01:26 PM
    That is exactly what I'm envisioning when I get my iPad Pro. It'll be different, but I'll adjust. I assume one of the biggest adjustments will be the lack of a touchpad/mouse.
    Yes Sir, the lack of mouse is still my biggest obstacle. However saving documents to iCloud/OneDrive has started to become second nature, just have to remember to "share" LOL .
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-29-2016 01:34 PM
    Yes Sir, the lack of mouse is still my biggest obstacle. However saving documents to iCloud/OneDrive has started to become second nature, just have to remember to "share" LOL .
    I'm already used to saving/sharing to iCloud, Dropbox, Evernote, etc. I do that now with both my iPhone and MacBook, however, one of my biggest concerns is with restoring my iOS device. I prefer to use iTunes over iCloud. Furthermore, when things go wrong with your iOS device, fixing it requires connecting it to iTunes which means a computer is still necessary. Know what I mean?
    03-29-2016 01:40 PM
    I should just retire from the forums. I have lost all credibility today. Let me explain, and then I will gladly depart the forums so I can indulge in my very strange behaviors. So I have had the 6S Plus for about four months and it has been great. A dream really. It was an abrupt departure from the Note 5, but it just seemed to make sense at the time. As recent as yesterday I was extolling all of the reasons why I am so comfortable with my iPhone. So I decided today that I should finally sell some of my other devices because I was so happy with my iPhone. I have a Note 5 and Nexus 6. I had been playing with my Note 5 for about three weeks and I have to admit at times I become a little undecided about it. There are so many things I love about it. And I thought for certain that if I were to leave my iPhone that the Note would be it. But, nonetheless, I packed it up ready to be sold. I had forgotten about the Nexus 6. Really wasn't into stock Android anymore. But I took it out if the box and decided to put a SIM in it. Just for a little. Well, that turned into all day. Fell in love with this thing all over again. So what did I do? Put the iPhone and Note up for sale. And they sold!!! So now I only have one device, the Nexus 6. The most unlikely suspect to guide me back to Android. I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.
    03-29-2016 10:45 PM
72 123