Moving data from Android to iPhone

NatsFan78

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
My hubby is moving from a Samsung Galaxy to an iPhone today. We are going to use a sim cutter so he will be using the same card he has now. I have all his music and pictures moved to the computer but I don't know how to move his contact list. He has a lot of numbers for work that he needs to move. When I switched from Galaxy to iPhone a little over a year ago I lost several of my contacts. I thought they were saved to the SIM card, I followed the directions for saving them but for some reason it did not work with several of them. What is the easiest way to do this? I can't use the Move to iOS app since I am using the same SIM card for both phones. Do I put the SIM card in the iPhone before I turn it on to set it up? I can't remember.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
My hubby is moving from a Samsung Galaxy to an iPhone today. We are going to use a sim cutter so he will be using the same card he has now. I have all his music and pictures moved to the computer but I don't know how to move his contact list. He has a lot of numbers for work that he needs to move. When I switched from Galaxy to iPhone a little over a year ago I lost several of my contacts. I thought they were saved to the SIM card, I followed the directions for saving them but for some reason it did not work with several of them. What is the easiest way to do this? I can't use the Move to iOS app since I am using the same SIM card for both phones. Do I put the SIM card in the iPhone before I turn it on to set it up? I can't remember.

Welcome to iMore! Here is a guide by Derek Kessler of iMore on how to transfer things over.

NatsFan78

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. This article is for using the app. I can't use the app because I am moving the SIM card from the Galaxy to the iPhone. Is it possible to move his contacts and old text messages since I will not be able to use the app?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. This article is for using the app. I can't use the app because I am moving the SIM card from the Galaxy to the iPhone. Is it possible to move his contacts and old text messages since I will not be able to use the app?

Why does using the same SIM card have anything to do with using the app? I used it when I switched back in December and still using the same SIM card.

NatsFan78

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Why does using the same SIM card have anything to do with using the app? I used it when I switched back in December and still using the same SIM card.

I thought I would need to have a SIM card in each one to do that. Did you switch the SIM card to the new phone before you started? Thank you.

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Have him back up his contacts to his google account on his old phone and then add his Google account to the new phone. Make sure contacts is turned on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2