Screen endurance

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Does the screen from the iPhone 6 or 6s screen have more resistance from to key scratches? Like if I could we was to put the 6s plus in my pocket with keys would it easily scratch?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've tried to scratch my iPhone's screen with a key purposely going all the way back to the 3GS to see how durable the screen is and failed to scratch it up to now.

I can't say that if it's in your pocket with your keys and a key nicks it at a certain angle that it won't scratch, but it's just better to keep your phone in a pocket without keys.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would put on a glass screen protector just in case. Accidently dropped my 6S Plus to my toe nails and my screen got a tiny scratch

lift

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Ummm, why would anyone want to put any phone in a pocket with keys? Am I the only one that sees a problem with that?

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 6s Plus is the first phone ever, that i've not had a tempered glass or some type of screen protector on. I've watched some pretty intense videos of how tough this screen really is. Now, I "don't" put it in my pocket with other metal objects either, just to be on the safe side. :-D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector. There's no evidence they actually help any. Some for peace of mind, but not me. The Otterbox Commuter I use will protect the screen about as well as anything.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I've accidentally put my phone in the same pocket with my keys and didn't see any scratches on my screen.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 6s Plus is the first phone ever, that i've not had a tempered glass or some type of screen protector on. I've watched some pretty intense videos of how tough this screen really is. Now, I "don't" put it in my pocket with other metal objects either, just to be on the safe side. :-D

UPDATE: Just put a tempered glass on. I take back what I said above, here's why:

Had phone for a little more than a week and NEVER put it close to anything sharp or metal....certainly not in my pocket with anything in it. Well, was cleaning my glass this morning and noticed some hairline scratches on it.....VERY DISAPPOINTED! So, with that said, a tempered glass and a bumper case was added. Terrible, just terrible!

Advice: Use a tempered glass and a bumper case.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: Just put a tempered glass on. I take back what I said above, here's why:

Had phone for a little more than a week and NEVER put it close to anything sharp or metal....certainly not in my pocket with anything in it. Well, was cleaning my glass this morning and noticed some hairline scratches on it.....VERY DISAPPOINTED! So, with that said, a tempered glass and a bumper case was added. Terrible, just terrible!

Advice: Use a tempered glass and a bumper case.

What did you clean it with? And if sand or dirt gets in your pockets buh bye to your screen lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox