OtterBox Defender

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
@ledsteplin has one and haven't heard him mention it. Pretty much case can do it if you get dirt/grit between the case and phone. Just need to keep it clean :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@ledsteplin has one and haven't heard him mention it. Pretty much case can do it if you get dirt/grit between the case and phone. Just need to keep it clean :)

I don't use the Defender on my 6s Plus. I have one on my old 5. No issues with scratches there. I use the Otterbox Commuter on my 6s Plus. It has yet to be removed since I put it on in September. I haven't heard of any scratch related incidences with the Otterbox Defender on a 6s Plus.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I had one on my 3GS years ago for 2 years. Except for occasionally taking it off to clean inside, it kept my phone a 10/10. Never scratched it in any way at all. Pretty tightly sealed case, so I would expect the same on the 6/6s Plus.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've used the Defender on several phones, never an issue, they seal pretty well. Don't use one on my 6S Plus though, the Otterbox cases just make it too large for my tastes.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My main gripe with the Defender is that the phone is surrounded by hard plastic and then silicone. I would much rather the opposite, so that the softer material (silicone) touches the actual phone.

I had a Defender for my iPhone 6. It did leave several small scuffs and dings on the front of the phone by the home button and speaker. Not to mention that it impairs TouchID and the area between the screen and screen protector is a magnet for dust. I've sworn off the Otterbox Defender. They are a waste of money, bulky and ugly.

A speck CandyShell or MightyShell and a screen protector will be just as good as a Defender for drop protection. If you want dust or water resistance, get a LifeProof case.

It's also worth mentioning that the screens on the 6 and 6s aren't as scratch resistant compared to the 5s.

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I posted something stupid....only realizing after i hit reply...so i hurried up and deleted the content, but it wouldn't let me delete my post! :-D

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I posted something stupid....only realizing after i hit reply...so i hurried up and deleted the content, but it wouldn't let me delete my post! :-D

I figured it was something like that
Tapatalk doesn't allow posts to be deleted. As far as I know only the full html site does.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Now this is interesting. Apple claims (said during Keynote in Sept.) that the screen on the 6s/6s Plus is the hardest and more scratch resistant screen than any other screen put on a previous Apple device.

I haven't put a protector on my 6s Plus to date and I have NO scratches whatsoever.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Now this is interesting. Apple claims (said during Keynote in Sept.) that the screen on the 6s/6s Plus is the hardest and more scratch resistant screen than any other screen put on a previous Apple device.

I haven't put a protector on my 6s Plus to date and I have NO scratches whatsoever.

Whoops! I meant to say the iPhone 6 isn't as scratch resistant compared to the 5s. I added 6s in error.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a defender on my i5 and it left gashes in the glass on very bottom and scratched the bezel. I have yet to try another defender since.

Jeff0575

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a defender on the 6s plus and only major issue I have it so much dust gets between the plastic screen protector and the phone screen. To me it's a major flaw with the Otterbox. I can see if something would get between those the screen or phone could scratch.

Loiselle

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I've never liked any of the Otter Box cases. They're not for me. Add too much bulk and, for me, make the device extremely cumbersome to use. These are, of course, my 2 cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro