Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't stand the false touches when holding it or picking it up people are complaining about, give me bezels any day. Just for starters.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't stand the false touches when holding it or picking it up people are complaining about, give me bezels any day. Just for starters.

You are holding it the wrong way :) After some weeks of use it gets better but it still happens and I just hate it. The edge screen is such a gimmick. Looks nice but does not add anything positive that is worth the negative aspect of it

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Yeah...and when I went into the AT&T store to get my son a new phone(I had just gotten my 6s+ from Apple Store), he was looking at gs7e and LG-G5. The AT&T sales guy had a gs7e on him...it was his..I noticed it had a broken screen...he said he sees that a lot on those..needless to say son walked out with LG-G5...I can't get him to go back to iPhone...really annoying...

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Yea I'm on verizon now, we have the s7 and s7 edge. Both have this extreme echo and sound like you lr talking in a barrel at times

If you have Advanced Calling turned on, check to see if you have HD Voice and Video or HD Voice Only selected. If you have both voice and video selected, try changing that to voice only and see if that helps. Also in the Phone settings (in the phone app) there is a Voice Privacy option (I think you have to tap Advanced Settings once you get into the Call settings) that you can try turning off to see if that helps.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a note 4 edge for a while and didn't mind the edge on it, was sort of useful.

I really can't find anything useful for it. The edge panels are worthless in my opinion and the distortion it creates when watching movies are nothing but disturbing. It just looks nice when the screen is of

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just switched to iOS after 8 years on Android. I was a Samsung fan since the original Galaxy S (Vibrant) and have owned pretty much every Galaxy S and Note device... Including the Note 5 and S7 Edge. The ONLY thing I miss from them are the screens. iOS is such a better user experience. Everything works a lot better/more smooth, apps are more polished, much better software support, etc. I can't believe I've waited this long to give the iPhone a try. Although the hardware will more than likely tempt me on the new Samsung devices, I absolutely do not see myself going back to Android.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I just switched to iOS after 8 years on Android. I was a Samsung fan since the original Galaxy S (Vibrant) and have owned pretty much every Galaxy S and Note device... Including the Note 5 and S7 Edge. The ONLY thing I miss from them are the screens. iOS is such a better user experience. Everything works a lot better/more smooth, apps are more polished, much better software support, etc. I can't believe I've waited this long to give the iPhone a try. Although the hardware will more than likely tempt me on the new Samsung devices, I absolutely do not see myself going back to Android.
Why do you have to switch back and forth? I enjoy both at the same time. Right now I have an s7 Active an iPhone 5s, a Note 4 and an iPad Pro 12.9.

I love tech!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Why do you have to switch back and forth? I enjoy both at the same time. Right now I have an s7 Active an iPhone 5s, a Note 4 and an iPad Pro 12.9.

I love tech!

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum here. I don't have time for multiple ecosystems!

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

I love tech!
I keep one phone and one tablet, and I prefer them to be on one platform for ease of use. Tech is supposed to streamline things and make it simpler, using 2 platforms seems tedious. I still have my Galaxy Tab S2, but I'm looking to trade it for an iPad Air 2.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I just came from an S7 (Android user for 8 years)...and I've tried a bunch of S series and Note devices. Not going back. The only thing I wish Apple had was the ability to move icons around any where on the screen. Other than that, Apple wins for me anyways.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
After having the edge for 4 months. I've notice decrease in battery and phone ui crashing after having about 5 or so apps running in the background

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It looks horrible to me. Such a downgrade in hardware imo

I am just the opposite. Having used the 6P, 6SP and 6S.... the S7E makes the slabish iPhones look more dated than they actually are.

I am an Apple Guy, iTV, 5k iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro 9.7 and just sold iPhone 6SPlus...... the S7Edge is hands down the best looking phone I have ever owned and felt in hand.

The iPhone's bezels are embarrassingly huge when I put the 6SPlus next to the Edge. Its probably going to be the same with the release of the iPhone 6SE/7.

Throw in the Edges' fast wireless charging, iP68..... Apple has some catching up to do hardware wise. Just a guess, but I only see Apple passing Samsung in the Camera specs this year. I would like to see wireless charging and waterproofing.... I could be wrong, but I don't see that coming till next year.

ChrisS9938

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I won't upgrade until my 6 dies. But if I went for last years model, you are talking about the waterproof, wireless, s7 or edge, vs the 7 ( uhh, 6sss?). It's hard to skip over that. iOS is great, but I don't know that Android is THAT bad.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So I tried the s7 edge. Mainly so that I could give it a shot before I resign myself to getting the iPhone 7 plus. The phone is nice, it has a great camera and battery life is surprisingly good. However I've now asked my carrier to send a returns bag and I'll be returning it and waiting to upgrade to the iPhone 7 plus. It just isn't the iPhone. Many of the apps are still inferior to their iOS counterparts. It also as expected does not play well with my other Apple devices (iPad Air 2, Apple Watch, Apple TV 4, MacBook Air). I could keep it and continue to use my iPhone as my daily driver, however it would be relegated to a camera phone and I don't think I'd want to go through the hassle of charging it everyday just to use the camera.

Everything just works in my apple set up.

Another thing that put me off was yesterday I was out with my husband. We were looking for an electronic bouncer/swing for our son. My husband took a picture of the swing that we wanted to buy with his Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus and we took it to a sales associate to get some help. Well when he went to show the sales women the picture the gallery wouldn't open and the phone was really hot. He even force closed the gallery and it still wouldn't open! Now this is something that has happened before win the gallery not opening or the phone running hot. I'm not going to depend ?700 on a phone and if behave like that.

Another thing that bugs me is the headphone situation on android. None of the headphones have decent volume/pause controls. My husband and I got sennheiser headphones for Christmas. I got the iOS version and he got the android version. My headphones work perfectly and you can pause and test-art audio and video and it has a nice volume rocker. Well I tried the android version out with the S7 and the experience is not the the same. It can pause audio but it can't restart it and the volume rocker is Rubbish.

I've used Samsung phones in the past but I just can't get back into them. The last time I switched to android my iPhone was stolen. Now I just don't have any incentive to switch. Even if I lost/iPhone was stolen I'd just get another one.

rob6070

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
As someone who's spent way too much much than ill ever admit in buying and selling android phones as they come out, I would skip it as an iOS person. Touchwiz is they only shortcoming, but its awful. Its slow, unintuitive and severely drags update times on Samsung Devices. Samsung literally just started rolling out Marshmallow to S6 / Note 5 devices to SOME markets (not carrier branded markets at all in the US) and Marshmallow came out as a preview for nexus users (think iOS public beta) back in the summer of 2015 and officially at the end of September. If you're really interested in checking out an android device coming from an iphone, at least wait and see what the HTC m10 is going to be.

The s7 edge is fast and fluid. Where it lacks is in Bluetooth accessories where it's glitchy as heck. The s7 camera and screen blow my 6s plus away. Apps work better now but still work best on iOS. My edge went in pool and Samsung service sucks. It died and they're horrible to work with. So I went back to my plus.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Never again. I gave Samsung one last shot with the S7 for a week. I should have remembered why I left Samsung behind years ago...

I guess the answer is no. Heh.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a fan of Samsung smartphones, so the answer would be no for me too. I do find myself occasionally tempted by Sony's Xperia phones, but haven't tried one yet.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a fan of Samsung smartphones, so the answer would be no for me too. I do find myself occasionally tempted by Sony's Xperia phones, but haven't tried one yet.

Don't do it.

During my 5 year tenure in the industry, I can honestly tell you that the most problematic phones we ever dealt with were the Xperia. My manager phone was a Z4 compact and of the 8 managers in district, all of us had broken glass on the back or front from spontaneous breaking (phones weren't dropped). I showed a customer the water resistance and found out after that it's not a selling feature as the speaker was never the same. We probably had a 60/40 split on DOA or warranty returns vs the others we sold that didn't have a problem. The worst was one customer who had the Z1 and had it sleep of death, replaced with a new one and two weeks in IT sleep of deathed...for service reasons I swapped it for the Z2 and THAT one sleeper of deathed on her twice. Xperia and Samsung Ace2x were so problematic we told people we were sold out so we wouldn't have to sell them and deal with the headaches later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen