Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

scgf

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Just use Whats App - it's like iMessage but in a separate app. Free too. Huge user base on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. With Whats App you're not limited to messaging other iPhone users. The only option for something like FaceTime is Skype, AFAIK. Apps on Android allow easy sharing via many apps you've installed on the phone. Click on a photo in Gallery and you'll see the share button.

Brumbaas

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I'm on day 3 with it. The phone is awesome but I'm so used to iOS having iMessage iCloud photo sharing with my family FaceTime just not sure It's worth losing for a better screen/camera device.
I too do miss facetime, but Facebook messenger video calling is allmost as good

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I too do miss facetime, but Facebook messenger video calling is allmost as good

Yeah I don't care for fb don't have a account crazy I know lol! But if I look past the screen I feel the iPhone is a bit smoother and I really like how iOS works with family members and my Mac. The edge is great I'll play with it for a bit longer to see if I can adapt. The screen and camera is much better. And the size fits much better in my hand also.

Last edited:

iDrooid

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I did the complete opposite. Came from a S7 Edge to the iphone 6s plus. Must say iphone is so simply that it just works but i do miss the fast charge, wireless charging, better screen and camera of the s7 edge.

dsamp23

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I currently own an iPhone 6s Plus and my wife a 6 plus. I'm thinking of switching back to android in the fall but if I go we both go. I think I'm going to see what the Note 7 has to offer in the fall.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I currently own an iPhone 6s Plus and my wife a 6 plus. I'm thinking of switching back to android in the fall but if I go we both go. I think I'm going to see what the Note 7 has to offer in the fall.
I can agree to that, I would have preferred the note over the edge model.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't care for fb don't have a account crazy I know lol! But if I look past the screen I feel the iPhone is a bit smoother and I really like how iOS works with family members and my Mac. The edge is great I'll play with it for a bit longer to see if I can adapt. The screen and camera is much better. And the size fits much better in my hand also.

I ordered an S7 edge from Best Buy to get the free 32" TV. It should be here today. I'm going to check it out for a few days and see if it will pry me away from my 6s Plus that I've been using since December. If I don't like it, I'll give it to my wife (who hates Apple) to replace her S6 edge plus. It is really tough to get away from Apple once you get sucked in.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered an S7 edge from Best Buy to get the free 32" TV. It should be here today. I'm going to check it out for a few days and see if it will pry me away from my 6s Plus that I've been using since December. If I don't like it, I'll give it to my wife (who hates Apple) to replace her S6 edge plus. It is really tough to get away from Apple once you get sucked in.

Agreed.. I still have it its a great phone but at this point I just prefer iOS. Smoother for me. The edge is a very nice piece of hardware though.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.. I still have it its a great phone but at this point I just prefer iOS. Smoother for me. The edge is a very nice piece of hardware though.

Yeah, I hear ya there. I'm honestly looking at not even using it and just giving it to the Mrs. It really is the simple things with iOS that keep me using it. Android comes out with a ton of new features that pique my interest as a tech geek, but when it comes down to day to day use, an iPhone (especially paired with other iDevices) works best for me.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Exactly... I've had it for 4 days and Its already boxed up ready to be returned. Im already back on my s+. Just works better for me.

I've pretty much talked myself into just giving it to my wife as soon as it gets here. I need to simplify my life. Ha! But the free TV is nice. My daughter may have herself a new TV now.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm on day 3 with it. The phone is awesome but I'm so used to iOS having iMessage iCloud photo sharing with my family FaceTime just not sure It's worth losing for a better screen/camera device.

Current rumors say imessage is coming to Android. That would be great but I'm not sure what the advantage that would be for Apple

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Current rumors say imessage is coming to Android. That would be great but I'm not sure what the advantage that would be for Apple
That would be amazing. That would bring so much unification and potentially a huge revenue source for Apple if they made it a subscription model for non-iPhone users. I would certainly pay a moderate fee to stay communicated with iOS users (so many friends and family on iOS) and be in on group messaging without distinction of what phone I happen to be using.

CarRamRod2690

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
When I was up for an upgrade on my crappy windows phone I had a big fight with which one I should choose. My wife has the Galaxy s7 edge and I like the edge and the feel. She said after a few months you don't really use the edge and then there is touch wiz which is kind of crap. So in the end I chose the 6s plus because it's reliable ,fast and easy to use.

I have gone from iOS to android to Windows and now back to iOS. So I have used all of them but came back to iOS ultimately and couldn't be happier.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Bought my son one for grins and giggles; I played with it for a while but it wasn't for me. I did like the screen, it was pretty to look at.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have one I use some days when I need to be reminded how bad I find Android phones are in general :) Love the screen and the camera but the rest is not enjoyable to use compared to my 6s Plus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner