Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I used the s7 Edge for about 6 days as my main driver, coming from a 6s Plus. The battery, even with a larger capacity, doesn't last as long as the 6s Plus. Not even close, actually.

The hand feel of the s7 Edge is damn fine, though. Camera quality is fantastic. The screen is unmatched. Speed of app launch, and app switching is also comparable to the 6s Plus. At the end of the day, I have to demonstrate mobile apps as part of my job, and as a Mac user I have a more seamless experience mirroring my iPhone for webinars, so I returned the s7 Edge. I actually miss it, though. It feels amazing in the hand. Great size and ergonomics with a 5.5" screen and is much easier to navigate than the bulkier iPhone.

Tough to go wrong with either phone, they're both examples of amazing engineering.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well said my friend, totally agree.

I used the s7 Edge for about 6 days as my main driver, coming from a 6s Plus. The battery, even with a larger capacity, doesn't last as long as the 6s Plus. Not even close, actually.

The hand feel of the s7 Edge is damn fine, though. Camera quality is fantastic. The screen is unmatched. Speed of app launch, and app switching is also comparable to the 6s Plus. At the end of the day, I have to demonstrate mobile apps as part of my job, and as a Mac user I have a more seamless experience mirroring my iPhone for webinars, so I returned the s7 Edge. I actually miss it, though. It feels amazing in the hand. Great size and ergonomics with a 5.5" screen and is much easier to navigate than the bulkier iPhone.

Tough to go wrong with either phone, they're both examples of amazing engineering.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I also had the 7edge for a week. Bought it the Sunday after it launched and returned it this past Sunday. Awesome phone couldn't really find a flaw with it except one. It wasn't my iPhone lol. I dunno there's just something about the iPhone that no matter what other phone I switch to I always come back.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the S7 (non-edge version) on order to replace my iPhone 6. It was a tough call to switch, my last Android phone was the Galaxy S2 and I've been with iPhone since the iPhone 5. I'm otherwise all-in on Apple, with a 12" MacBook and iPad Air as my other primary devices. But I've been growing more and more bored with iOS and felt the need to mix things up for a bit. Maybe I'll be back with the 7S or 8, depending on where Apple and Google go.
I am done with iPhones as my daily driver for now. I traded in my iphone 6 for the Galaxy S7 Edge. I just recently picked up a 5S. It is currently docked using it as an iPod. I will return to iPhone once IOS gets a major update. For now it's just way too limited for my use.

kiwiruss

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Im definitely looking to return to the Android side. The Samsung Pay ability to work at more locations is a big plus.
I also miss the ability to use NFS for other tasks and am tired of waiting for Apple to unlock it for other apps to use.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge myself. Sold my 6s plus for the s7 edge. So far I do not regret it. I like it so much I sold my apple watch and bought the gear s2 to go with it.

Both devices are excellent and showcase the best of what both operating systems can do. In the end it comes to personal preference.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

This is great analysis. I love my iphone 6s plus but damn it's a big phone. The s7 edge feels so nice in the hand. The camera and screen are great but the battery leaves much to be desired.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ha, you have gotten used to the smoothness and fluidity of an iPhone and that's not a bad thing. I loved it.

I thought android was a hot mess as well when I returned. It was a little overwhelming, BUT once you create your own personal setup I bet there will be less frustration and less mucking around you have to do it. You can't go wrong with either phone. They are both phenomenal. Enjoy whatever you decide to choose.

My battery drain problem was caused by me syncing default email every 15 minutes. I send all junk mail to this particular email. When it would sync, it would pull numerous emails.

Just curious as to how your experience with the S7 has been treating you? Still on board or moving back to your iPhone?

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I also had the 7edge for a week. Bought it the Sunday after it launched and returned it this past Sunday. Awesome phone couldn't really find a flaw with it except one. It wasn't my iPhone lol. I dunno there's just something about the iPhone that no matter what other phone I switch to I always come back.

I got the S7 Edge on launch day as well. I recently used one of my Jump upgrades and switched back to the 6S Plus. I as well didn't have a negative thing to say about it. VERY beautiful phone. For me it was tough keeping the S7 Edge in a house full of iPhones lol. Also doesn't help that pretty much 85% of the people I talk to on a daily basis uses iPhone. Sharing pics and videos is just easier in my opinion on iPhone. But anyway, like you said...its just something about iPhone that always draws you back lol.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Just curious as to how your experience with the S7 has been treating you? Still on board or moving back to your iPhone?

Hey, thanks for reaching out. Since our last conversation, I have since sold my iPhone. I kept my apple watch for just in case I want to comeback to ios with the 7plus or 7pro (whatever it will be called.) Im almost certain to return. But again S7 Edge is one helluva placeholder until I decide.

As for the experience, it's been great. Once I got over the initial shock of overwhelming features and the battery drain of android again I was fine. My battery has leveled out and my phone sleeps. I would consider the battery and standby on the iPhone better. There have been times where I miss the iPhone. Its so smooth, reliable, and lot less convoluted. Just pick it up and go. No regrets.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey, thanks for reaching out. Since our last conversation, I have since sold my iPhone. I kept my apple watch for just in case I want to comeback to ios with the 7plus or 7pro (whatever it will be called.) Im almost certain to return. But again S7 Edge is one helluva placeholder until I decide.

As for the experience, it's been great. Once I got over the initial shock of overwhelming features and the battery drain of android again I was fine. My battery has leveled out and my phone sleeps. I would consider the battery and standby on the iPhone better. There have been times where I miss the iPhone. Its so smooth, reliable, and lot less convoluted. Just pick it up and go. No regrets.

I'm on the fence still. I really miss the freedom of Android. And Apple kind of made me mad as a company. Rehashing the same phone from 2.5 years ago and calling it new. And touting 3D Touch as the next coming, but not putting it in the $1000 iPads. I like my 6s Plus quite a bit, but Apple kind of annoys me.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence still. I really miss the freedom of Android. And Apple kind of made me mad as a company. Rehashing the same phone from 2.5 years ago and calling it new. And touting 3D Touch as the next coming, but not putting it in the $1000 iPads. I like my 6s Plus quite a bit, but Apple kind of annoys me.

The SE is not the same phone as the 5S. It looks the same on the outside but on the inside it's completely different.

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
It looks like an amazing phone, but I probably won't go back to an Android phone other than a Nexus device.

I love Samsung phones, but waiting 6 months for the carriers to update to the new OS, or security patches, is just plain unappealing to me.

Nexus is the way to go.

I am strongly considering getting rid of my 6s+ and going back to Android,but I won't decide until the summer.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
It looks like an amazing phone, but I probably won't go back to an Android phone other than a Nexus device.

I love Samsung phones, but waiting 6 months for the carriers to update to the new OS, or security patches, is just plain unappealing to me.

Nexus is the way to go.

I am strongly considering getting rid of my 6s+ and going back to Android,but I won't decide until the summer.

While I agree, it seems that either Samsung or the carriers are staying on top of security patches. I have the s7 edge on T-Mobile and I've had an update and I think Verizon has had a couple updates as well. While it's not anywhere near the level of apple and I love getting the updates same day from Apple, it always seems to screw up android phones when they update. I was long time android until I got the update for my note 4 and it totally jacked up my phone and battery and have been on iPhone since.

27John117

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I'll never switch to another device. Unless it's a newer model iPhone. I'm done with other company's garbage phones. Every company I purchased a phone from always had hardware issues. So bad that it made it hard to enjoy. Ever since the 4s came out on Verizon's network I been getting a new iPhone every two years. I love it. All my music was already purchased from iTunes anyways so it was a perfect match for me. Will never switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR