Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If Samsung had a Google Play edition of the S7 Edge or Note I'd buy it. No more Touchwiz for me.

I agree. Every time Samsung releases a smartphone I go WOW, and then certain things come to mind.
1. After 6 months how much support will I get.
2. How long do I have to wait before my carrier has an update for it.
3. After 3 months will I be able to find accessories for it.
4. If need be will this smartphone last me 2+ years
5. With the exception of customization does this Samsung really satisfy my daily needs.
The list actually goes on and on. Thanks anyway, but no thanks. I will stay with APPLE iPHONES.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So ummm do you keep your phones for more than 1 year?
I dont know many people that do...except for my parents and they dont have smart phones.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So ummm do you keep your phones for more than 1 year?
I dont know many people that do...except for my parents and they dont have smart phones.

I have, but only an Apple iPhone because it's capable of lasting that long. Also in the "real" world away from smartphone sites most people do try and keep their smartphones longer than a year.....in the REAL world

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have just made the jump (been on iOS since day 1) and so far I'm loving the experience since everything is new. But yes iOS got very stale and needed to spice up things. ;)

It's only been a day so not regretting the decision just yet but don't how long till the withdrawals come along.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Android will always have a special place in my heart and I may go back down the road (or if/when I have some more disposable income and can dual wield). But for now, it's iOS for me. I'm sticking with my Plus and I'll be ordering the 9.7" Pro with all the fixins'. I'll be waiting on the next Apple Watch before I jump in there and I'll probably get me an Apple TV down the road, too.

I'm too invested into Apple to stay away. Like Android a lot but I keep wanting iOS. Have an iMac, 3 iPads at home. One is shattered so I'll be getting another one. Wife has an iPhone. My daughter messages me from her iPod Touch. Have Apple TV, Ecobee3 Home Kit thermostat and even AirPort Extreme router. Also just got an Apple Watch the other day for my bday. So I guess I'll be sticking with Apple for a while . Just works so damn well

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I like the design! And looks expensive but I always think that in what comes to privacy Apple is the best option! So I dont trust on a Android device since ive switched to an iPhone !

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm too invested into Apple to stay away. Like Android a lot but I keep wanting iOS. Have an iMac, 3 iPads at home. One is shattered so I'll be getting another one. Wife has an iPhone. My daughter messages me from her iPod Touch. Have Apple TV, Ecobee3 Home Kit thermostat and even AirPort Extreme router. Also just got an Apple Watch the other day for my bday. So I guess I'll be sticking with Apple for a while . Just works so damn well

Couldn't have said it better myself! I've actually been messaging back and forth with Wildo about this LOL. I've bought and returned 3 Nexus 6P got them all set up but there was just something that I didn't like about Android anymore even though it's come so far with Marshmallow I still feel iOS is the superior OS IMO.

Then actually as I typed this my 6S+ is on 1% and has been for the last 2 1/2 hours no Android phone does that. Battery life still continues to be an issue for Android but improving and fragmentation which I know the Android faithful hate to hear but it's reality.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't have said it better myself! I've actually been messaging back and forth with Wildo about this LOL. I've bought and returned 3 Nexus 6P got them all set up but there was just something that I didn't like about Android anymore even though it's come so far with Marshmallow I still feel iOS is the superior OS IMO.

Then actually as I typed this my 6S+ is on 1% and has been for the last 2 1/2 hours no Android phone does that. Battery life still continues to be an issue for Android but improving and fragmentation which I know the Android faithful hate to hear but it's reality.

Yeah Marshmallow was great on my 6p. I agree with battery life. One day it's great next day tons of wake ups and apps draining the battery, next day is good then Android System is eating 30% battery. I seemed to keep baby sitting the phone. With my 6S Plus I don't have to do squat. Consistent performance and battery life is great. I'd have to charge my 6p by 4pm to top up for the night. My iPhone I don't. Get all the way till its time to go to bed then hook it up overnight with some to spare.

iMessage alone is key for me also. Basically all my contacts have iPhones which makes it even that much better. Also only the iPhone has Wifi Calling here on Rogers in Canada. Another key for me while in my basement when I spend a good amount of time in the evening. I'm all set bud

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Marshmallow was great on my 6p. I agree with battery life. One day it's great next day tons of wake ups and apps draining the battery, next day is good then Android System is eating 30% battery. I seemed to keep baby sitting the phone. With my 6S Plus I don't have to do squat. Consistent performance and battery life is great. I'd have to charge my 6p by 4pm to top up for the night. My iPhone I don't. Get all the way till its time to go to bed then hook it up overnight with some to spare.

iMessage alone is key for me also. Basically all my contacts have iPhones which makes it even that much better. Also only the iPhone has Wifi Calling here on Rogers in Canada. Another key for me while in my basement when I spend a good amount of time in the evening. I'm all set bud

Yeah I'm on Verizon and when I had my 6P I was trying to find the option to enable wifi calling but couldn't and then trying to enable the advanced calling 1.0 to use it but still couldn't find it. I see so many people complain about Verizon and how they rape Android phones and I'm like well not my precious iPhone they can't touch that, HA! No carrier meddling with the updates either on iOS it's there for all of us with compatible iPhones to update at the same time.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Had the S7 edge for a few days and returned it. Really dislike the way apps look on android, but really liked samsung pay.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I considered it for about 5 minutes as I played with it in a Rogers store ... sat it down and bought 6S Android slab .

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, anytime I think about switching I always think about having to babysit my phone. Or delete this app that's misbehaving to get something else to work. Or troubleshooting my Bluetooth constantly. I miss the customization, I really do. I would just like to be able to move apps where I want them and have a calendar widget on my main home screen. That's not too much to ask! :) But I agree that it just works so well, and everything Apple works cohesively together as one. It's tough to pass up. I'll probably wait on some Swappa deals to pick up the 9.7" Pro a little cheaper to save me a buck or two. But it's really tempting to order one from Apple on Thursday.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I use a 6s Plus for personal and a 6 with iPad Air 2 for work. iOS tends to get boring. I'm interested in switching to the S7 Edge but they aren't in stock at any of the AT&T stores I've been to. Want the Silver color.

As many times as I say iOS is boring then switch to the latest Android device, I always end up back on an iPhone for personal use

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
not sure about an s7 but when it comes time for me to get another phone i will look at whatever android has on the market

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldnt get a Samsung anything thats carrier unlocked. They are the slows updates ever produces. the 2014 flagship HTC already has marshmallow, while the galaxy s6 doesnt even have it and it's one year newer.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

That's the kicker. iMessage! Hangouts just doesn't work as well for me.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You all talk about Samsung but one really good phone worth looking at are the current flagships of the LG. The V10 and soon to be released G5 are really very good. That said, you still have the usual gripes that come with Android. I was a very long time Android user and I loved the customization but all those bells and whistles come with a price. You never know what you'll get with battery life or when a rogue app might pop up. This latest issue I had between the Note 5 and blue tooth devices was just more than I could accept. I'd barely walk three feet when the connection would usually drop. When I tried to sync my Fitbit, more often than not I had to play and tinker until it would work. That got old pretty fast. As much as I did everything possible to stay away from Apple, I knew the time was right to make the move. It was time for things to just work darn it. No looking back and no regrets. My daughter took hers back on got the Galaxy S7 but still I just didn't care. It's Apple for me now. I was so convinced of that fact, I joined the "iPhone for Life" plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2