Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe for a note 6 but not the s series... Ever

I have to agree I will defiantly try the note 6 as I have the note 5 which I go back and forth between that and my 6s Plus. I even plan on getting the 5 SE when announced today by Apple. I loved the 4s and the 5 when they originally came out so a smaller phone with the guts of the 6s yeah I am going to get it to add to the collection ( Note 5, Nexus 6p 128GB Frost, iPhone 6 plus, 6S Plus 128GB and HTC One M9). I am addicted to buying phones as well however I will sell a couple of these sometime this summer.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You forgot about the dead power/volume buttons that require a soft reset to fix and a persistent SD card notification that comes back constantly.

I'm running back to my iPhone.

I would say dead power/volume buttons are maybe 1% on the phones that have been released. Don't let that deter you. I've finally found the source of my battery drain. Everything is golden now. I'll wait to see what the iPhone 7 Plus/Pro has to offer and make a decision from there. But for now this S7 Edge is one helluva placeholder until then.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would say dead power/volume buttons are maybe 1% on the phones that have been released. Don't let that deter you. I've finally found the source of my battery drain. Everything is golden now. I'll wait to see what the iPhone 7 Plus/Pro has to offer and make a decision from there. But for now this S7 Edge is one helluva placeholder until then.

Oh yeah? What was causing it? I do like the phone, I'm just not sure because the OS/skin just looks so much more like a mess compared to my 6s Plus. My iPhone is like a safe little security blanket.

MrKandi

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I bought the S7 Edge a week ago but I don't know if I'll keep it, still hesitating. It's a gorgeous piece of hardware (design, screen, waterproof, camera,...) and software too, I have noticed zero lag and being able to customize my phone is really cool (I miss the JB on my iPhone 6 9.2.1).

But THE major thing that makes me want to switch back is: Applications. I found almost every app that I wanted on Android but they are almost every time less optimized, beautiful and user-friendly. For example, in the Instagram, Snapchat or even stock Browser apps everything appears just bigger (and then uglier). I have less content on the 5.5" screen than on my 4.7" iPhone 6 one. I want a bigger phone to show more informations, not les! Same goes for the games: I don't play a lot on my smartphone, the only graphical game I play is Asphalt. And on the S7E the content appears bigger not better (same as above) and it's not as smooth as on my iPhone 6.

On the other hand, I bought the Gear S2 too and I'm gonna miss it if I come back to iPhone. That watch is way better than the Apple Watch, it's easier to use (that rotative bezel is great) and faster.

Still thinking...

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah? What was causing it? I do like the phone, I'm just not sure because the OS/skin just looks so much more like a mess compared to my 6s Plus. My iPhone is like a safe little security blanket.

Ha, you have gotten used to the smoothness and fluidity of an iPhone and that's not a bad thing. I loved it.

I thought android was a hot mess as well when I returned. It was a little overwhelming, BUT once you create your own personal setup I bet there will be less frustration and less mucking around you have to do it. You can't go wrong with either phone. They are both phenomenal. Enjoy whatever you decide to choose.

My battery drain problem was caused by me syncing default email every 15 minutes. I send all junk mail to this particular email. When it would sync, it would pull numerous emails.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree I will defiantly try the note 6 as I have the note 5 which I go back and forth between that and my 6s Plus. I even plan on getting the 5 SE when announced today by Apple. I loved the 4s and the 5 when they originally came out so a smaller phone with the guts of the 6s yeah I am going to get it to add to the collection ( Note 5, Nexus 6p 128GB Frost, iPhone 6 plus, 6S Plus 128GB and HTC One M9). I am addicted to buying phones as well however I will sell a couple of these sometime this summer.

I dont think ill like it but i will go and check it out when its released. Im SUPER excited for the note 6 though ;)

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I wasn't going to but my son wanted to jump from his 6s+ to the s7e so I took him to the store only to find out about the BOGO offer so the rep convinced me to get one too since it was free.

My first one had a bad screen so I returned it and didn't get another because they were out of stock. I wasn't too upset because I found out the bootloader was locked. At any rate, the following day I was at another store that had just received one device while I was there. I was too tempted so I went ahead and bought it again.

I am not regretting it one bit. It is extremely fast, zero lag, I'm getting 8 hours SOT and it's drop dead gorgeous. I have a 200 gb SD card in it and to this point, after a week of use, I'm arriving at the conclusion that this device is the absolute best phone ever produced.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ha, you have gotten used to the smoothness and fluidity of an iPhone and that's not a bad thing. I loved it.

I thought android was a hot mess as well when I returned. It was a little overwhelming, BUT once you create your own personal setup I bet there will be less frustration and less mucking around you have to do it. You can't go wrong with either phone. They are both phenomenal. Enjoy whatever you decide to choose.

My battery drain problem was caused by me syncing default email every 15 minutes. I send all junk mail to this particular email. When it would sync, it would pull numerous emails.

Android will always have a special place in my heart and I may go back down the road (or if/when I have some more disposable income and can dual wield). But for now, it's iOS for me. I'm sticking with my Plus and I'll be ordering the 9.7" Pro with all the fixins'. I'll be waiting on the next Apple Watch before I jump in there and I'll probably get me an Apple TV down the road, too.

Yusuru Otonashi

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I have been considering it a lot lately. Sadly, some of the most important apps that I use on the iPhone are only in the Appstore so I'm pretty much stuck with Apple for now.

captobie

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have the S7 (non-edge version) on order to replace my iPhone 6. It was a tough call to switch, my last Android phone was the Galaxy S2 and I've been with iPhone since the iPhone 5. I'm otherwise all-in on Apple, with a 12" MacBook and iPad Air as my other primary devices. But I've been growing more and more bored with iOS and felt the need to mix things up for a bit. Maybe I'll be back with the 7S or 8, depending on where Apple and Google go.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a S7 edge and i get about 6 hours screen on time and it works just fine and that's with high system usage of about 25%. It gets the SD card notification when I restart it which I've never had to do, but I have done it because I've wanted to. It's my first Samsung phone and I really like it.

By the way I have a iphone 5s for work and that's all I use it for (email and calendar).

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The only company I ever had repeated hardware failure with was numerous Samsung. I use a flagship Sony Xperia as my company provided phone so I'm current on Android.

Every day I appreciate the reliability of Apple more and more.

As beautiful as the S7 Edge and the S6 Edge are, and they are and they have tempted me as recently as 2 hours ago...all I have to do is remember my LAST flagship Samsung.

Then I go back to stroking my precious 6S+ Heh.

I hear ya. My Note 5 was very nice and I loved the S Pen but something happened on the way from the Note 4 to the Note 5. BT devices were no longer working reliably and their range was significantly reduced. I was constantly dropping the connection between it and various BT devices I have, Enough was enough. I knew how the iPhone would work because I have an 4s for work. I didn't even have to give it much thought.

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I agree with the part about having to disable, adjust, and tweak all the settings to get it to run good and decent battery life, my iPhone 6s plus just works. Although I am loving this S7 edge, so I'll probably keep both.

Posted via S7 Edge

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR