Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I have no problems with my new blackberry priv. It works without problems. I do have ipad and it works just fine. Apple has good quality hardware I just find that ios is nothing more than launcher for apps. Android is much more sophisticated. It is mobile version of Windows.

In a sense, this may be true however there is a price to pay for those bells and whistles. Battery life, smoothness of the OS, apps that don't work and play well together, and so on. Like I said, there was a time when that was what I wanted so I put up with the little quirks and annoyances that came with it. I'm past that now and just want something that works exactly as it was designed too and so far the iPhone is the closest to that. It's all about personal preference and what's most important to you. I also think as you get older, you just tend to gravitate toward things just working.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I message a lot as well that is why I have phone with ..... Physical keyboard

How is imessage better than regular sms app or whatsup ?

I don't care for physical keyboards. Haven't tried once since the crappy BB Torch. Won't try one again either.

iMessage is great. I like to use one Messaging app. I don't care for Whatsapp as I've said I have 90% contacts are on an iPhone. High Res Pics and HD videos. No limitations. I can't stand messaging on stock Android SMS. Have my wife send me a video of my kid doing something and it's brutal. Basically unwatchable.

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't care for physical keyboards. Haven't tried once since the crappy BB Torch. Won't try one again either.

iMessage is great. I like to use one Messaging app. I don't care for Whatsapp as I've said I have 90% contacts are on an iPhone. High Res Pics and HD videos. No limitations. I can't stand messaging on stock Android SMS. Have my wife send me a video of my kid doing something and it's brutal. Basically unwatchable.
Blackberry torch is an old phone from years ago. Blackberry phones today and years ago are just much different. I had all touch phones for last two years but I am glad to be back with physical keyboard. It is nice to type with actual keys. I still use virtual keyboard but not as much. You should check out priv. Nothing beats typing and actually see entire screen not only 50 percent of it. I also use priv for scrolling pages etc.

Anyhow I use yaata,bbm and whatsup for messaging most people I know who have Iphones do have these apps as well.

I like Android widgets and customizations. I do prefer android freedom. I feel apple policies are meant to serve apple only.

I think consumer already spoke. Just like Mac os was rejected in favour of Windows same is happening with mobile os. Sure apple sales a lot of phones and it is best apple product but compared to android apple market share is much smaller. Eventually it will be same as with windows

Tiny fraction of entire phone market. It I think this is first year for iPhone when sales are projected to decline.

My priv can do things apple will never be able to do.
I think it way more productive tool. Also having google services is so much better. Gmail, google maps, google drive. Apple does not offer any of these services on its own at least at the same quality as apple.

For a company that makes so much money I am surprised apple is so slow with pure innovation.

Apple should spend billions to match google and make it even better.

All of this I typed on physical keyboard. Notice no mistakes. Something like virtual keyboard will never be able to do.

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
In a sense, this may be true however there is a price to pay for those bells and whistles. Battery life, smoothness of the OS, apps that don't work and play well together, and so on. Like I said, there was a time when that was what I wanted so I put up with the little quirks and annoyances that came with it. I'm past that now and just want something that works exactly as it was designed too and so far the iPhone is the closest to that. It's all about personal preference and what's most important to you. I also think as you get older, you just tend to gravitate toward things just working.

I agree with you and the reason this is true is because ios is just not as sophisticated. Apple is really copying android ideas.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you and the reason this is true is because ios is just not as sophisticated. Apple is really copying android ideas.

I'm not sure "sophisticated" is the word but I'm also sure that Apple deliberately does this just so there are fewer issues. I noticed this most when my Note 5 always had issues connecting to my Fitbit (some inherent issue between Wi-Fi and BT on N5) and the iPhone5s (work phone) always connected right away. This may clearly be a result of a more simpler design but that's what I'm opting for right now because I am so tired of dealing with these little issues no matter how good the Note 5 is otherwise. At this point, the S6+ gives me all the things I need even if it is without some of the nicer bells and whistles such as the S Pen

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry torch is an old phone from years ago. Blackberry phones today and years ago are just much different. I had all touch phones for last two years but I am glad to be back with physical keyboard. It is nice to type with actual keys. I still use virtual keyboard but not as much. You should check out priv. Nothing beats typing and actually see entire screen not only 50 percent of it. I also use priv for scrolling pages etc.

Anyhow I use yaata,bbm and whatsup for messaging most people I know who have Iphones do have these apps as well.

I like Android widgets and customizations. I do prefer android freedom. I feel apple policies are meant to serve apple only.

I think consumer already spoke. Just like Mac os was rejected in favour of Windows same is happening with mobile os. Sure apple sales a lot of phones and it is best apple product but compared to android apple market share is much smaller. Eventually it will be same as with windows

Tiny fraction of entire phone market. It I think this is first year for iPhone when sales are projected to decline.

My priv can do things apple will never be able to do.
I think it way more productive tool. Also having google services is so much better. Gmail, google maps, google drive. Apple does not offer any of these services on its own at least at the same quality as apple.

For a company that makes so much money I am surprised apple is so slow with pure innovation.

Apple should spend billions to match google and make it even better.

All of this I typed on physical keyboard. Notice no mistakes. Something like virtual keyboard will never be able to do.

Glad the Priv is for you. Not for me. I don't care for physical keyboards. I type just fine with the iPhone keyboard. As I stated before I don't use other messaging apps. The messaging app on the iPhone is just fine by me. No point in me having the others when I simply do not need it. High Resolution Pics and HD videos and FaceTime are what I want.

Google Maps, Gmail, Google Photos and Drive is what I use on my iPhone. Works perfectly. I don't know what's so different using it on my Nexus 6p I had.

You don't need to justify your decision on an Android device. I like Android. Always will to a certain extent. Not my fault that I like having an iPhone better

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Some great points in this thread, and it's mostly stayed on topic! Generally threads like this turn into Apple versus Google and fanboys arguing.

I do notice though that the android users do get more protective and always bring up iOS short-comings, happens all the time like its something new! We are all aware of the lack of customisation, but seriously, people who buy iPhones do not care about changing icons, colour of the status bar, the way the screen transitions, the icon size, font etc etc. If we wanted to do that, we'd buy an android device!

Over the last couple of years I have owned several android devices, because I love tech and like trying things. I use them for no longer than 6 months and generally cannot wait to get back to iPhone. I had a Nexus 6p which, is a stonking bit of hardware, it really is a brilliant handset. Unfortunately for me it's android that always leaves me frustrated. As someone already mentioned, there's far too much messing about with settings and "baby sitting" the OS to get the best battery and performance. No two days are the same either, one day I'd be raving about the battery and the next day, wondering why I've only had 2 hours SOT with 20% battery left! With all my iPhone's, the battery is superb, reliable and lasts ages, every day. No issues, just works and I don't have to limit and/or turn off several key features either. I also get fed up with all the customisation, I find myself constantly fiddling and it gets annoying!

We all like different things, fact is, it's rare any manufacturer releases a poor handset these days, they're all made to a high spec. Samsung make great hardware, however their software is nothing short of awful. They listened and added the sd card back and waterproofing but never listen to what people say about their terrible skin over android! Someone said Apple copies Samsung, that was hilarious because it appears the other way round. Samsung have been desperate over the last couple years to make an "iPhone" the last couple phones could look much more like an iPhone if they tried! Even some of the latest touch wiz looks remarkably like iOS! They all copy one and other, it happens all the time in the tech world and really is no big deal. We have an abundance of amazing tech around us, there's enough for all of us to enjoy.

I'm no fanboy or tied to a manufacturer, if Samsung made vanilla android device, id probably buy one. But I reckon eventually i'll just go back to iOS as I always do! iOS feels like home, always works, works well with all my other iOS devices and Bluetooth devices.

I personally cannot stand googles services, tried them and apart from maps and keep, I don't like them. Apple don't need to spend billions to be like Google, Google, Samsung, HTC etc have been spending millions to be as successful as Apple. There may be millions more android handsets out there but none of them make anywhere near as much money as Apple, and not one android handset manufacturer sells anywhere near the amount iPhones do.

Oh, and I wrote all of this on a virtual keyboard, no mistakes..... Go figure

mellonxcollie

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I also constantly switch between iPhones and Androids, although I haven't used an Android device since the Nexus 4.

I had considered getting a Galaxy S6 last year, but the S7 isn't doing it for me. I'd be more interested if the US version used the Exynos chip like the overseas version, and last year's Galaxy. Not a huge fan of Qualcomm. Only sort of considering it for the free Samsung VR bundle for early adopters, but I'd have to buy one before the end of the day, and that seems super unlikely.

My next phone will be either the iPhone 7 or the next Nexus. I don't mind TouchWiz, but I do like having updates on day one, and only Nexus phones offer that.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems with my new blackberry priv. It works without problems. I do have ipad and it works just fine. Apple has good quality hardware I just find that ios is nothing more than launcher for apps. Android is much more sophisticated. It is mobile version of Windows.

That's what jail breaking is for. With every release of Android or a major OEM handset one of the main questions most people ask those who have had hands on with the software or device is about lag. That's been the pain point for many users since I can remember being on Android since 2010. I don't recall that question being asked about any iPhone that's been released.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I also constantly switch between iPhones and Androids, although I haven't used an Android device since the Nexus 4.

I had considered getting a Galaxy S6 last year, but the S7 isn't doing it for me. I'd be more interested if the US version used the Exynos chip like the overseas version, and last year's Galaxy. Not a huge fan of Qualcomm. Only sort of considering it for the free Samsung VR bundle for early adopters, but I'd have to buy one before the end of the day, and that seems super unlikely.

My next phone will be either the iPhone 7 or the next Nexus. I don't mind TouchWiz, but I do like having updates on day one, and only Nexus phones offer that.

Nexus phones don't even offer day one updates unless you feel comfortable flashing images to your phone.

ryga

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Oh it will work out for him/her for sure...you dont like samsung fine and good he or she likes samsung. I d say hes the perfect phone user has the best of both worlds. Samsung might be late on updates we all know thats bad and annoying but every phone has its bad spot, no phone is perfect not even iphone. If ur used to swapping batteries and expandable storage iphone will appear like a curse to you. Besides most of the features androin N is bringing are stuffs samsung had since s4. I also noticed mpst people who complain about touchwiz being laggy hasnt tried the new touchwiz...try the note 5 or s6 edge plus...use it for more than a week learn the tricks and tips in the phone, im sure if i use iphone for 1hr i would hate it but if i use it for 1 week i will see what it has to offer...same goes for every other phone. In summary try other phones...they might have something ur iphone doesnt offer...thats why not everybody is using the iphone, thats why there are so many oems out there. Me as an end user every phone has something to offer me and i will have them all if i can.

ryga

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
So i will have to go thru this rigmarole just to transfer file when i can use xender or usb and take the file from any other device besides iphone. People say iphone is simple and easy to use i don see that happening in ma own case.

ryga

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Hahahahhaaa...thats the biggest bash on s7e i ve heard since launch. Pls stop reading from whatever source you got that info...they will soon tell u the world is not earth but pluto

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
That's what jail breaking is for. With every release of Android or a major OEM handset one of the main questions most people ask those who have had hands on with the software or device is about lag. That's been the pain point for many users since I can remember being on Android since 2010. I don't recall that question being asked about any iPhone that's been released.
I am new to android with my blackberry priv so I do not how well my phone will work down the road and whether I will encounter problems with Android. Priv is not rootable (good for blackberry). As of now phone works great and I use it a lot every day.

IPhone is not for me but I know apple makes good product. I own two apple products

1. Ipad
2. Ipod

Ipod is .... 10 years old. It is 60gb and it is still kicking and I listen to music on it daily. So I know apple makes high quality products that do last loooong time. However I dislike how I need to use itunes to transfer music etc. It is painful

With my priv I just connect phone to pc via USB and I transfer stuff in no time. This is what I like.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I traded in my iPhone 6 for the S7 Edge. At the time the iPhone 6 was being used as a paperweight. I have an older 5S that is primarily being used as an iPod. I am not going back to iPhone as my DD until IOS gets a major overhaul. Way too limited for my use.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I traded in my iPhone 6 for the S7 Edge. At the time the iPhone 6 was being used as a paperweight. I have an older 5S that is primarily being used as an iPod. I am not going back to iPhone as my DD until IOS gets a major overhaul. Way too limited for my use.

I understand, the same thing happened to me with my SG3 and Note3. One day I looked up and my Android devices was taking a long nap on my nightstand. I decided to use my Apple iPhone 5s full time and never looked back. I enjoy the customization that Android provides, but that's about it. Maybe one day I will return, but not today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro