Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I will never touch apple as long as apple requires iTunes to do the simplest tasks. Apple exerts to much control over what you can and cannot do with your phone. I do not own iPhone but I do have ipad and it is frustrating that I cannot transfer video file without iTunes. Android is way more simple to use and yet powerful os.

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I much prefer the Nexus 6P.
Sure there are many nice android phones but I do think blackberry offers unique features. Myself coming from Blackberry 10 , priv was the only option to enter android world. I got everything what I love about blackberry with Android ecosystem. Priv is a better phone for my needs

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I will never touch apple as long as apple requires iTunes to do the simplest tasks. Apple exerts to much control over what you can and cannot do with your phone. I do not own iPhone but I do have ipad and it is frustrating that I cannot transfer video file without iTunes. Android is way more simple to use and yet powerful os.

This is probably the single biggest reason I didn't switch to iPhone sooner. Simple things such as file transfers are a bigger pain and even getting support can be if you don't go to an Apple store. They control every little nuance. That said, I am simply in a place where I am prepared to deal with that for a phone that is reliable and dependable. Fortunately for me, I do have 2 Apple stores near me. I guess as with all things, you simply choose your poison.

Last edited by a moderator:

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
They look like stunning devices IMO, however Samsung's TouchWiz interface is just not my cup of tea, and I don't like how their phones come bundled with tons of carrier crapware.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually S7 Edge Gold does look elegant. I might have jump ship if the battery life were identical to 6 plus.

But having seem screenshot of 3 to 5 hours sot and ⓛ esser standby really brought my temptation level down.

And also it have a few bugs which I not sure to take that risk.

Well I probably wait awhile for later batch and also upcoming 7 plus.

Jailbreak does took forever..... Ⓗ having said that I love my jail broken iPhone.

My s7 edge has the best battery life on an android phone I've used. That said, it is not really that close to my 6s plus in either standby or screen on time. I get about 6 hours of screen time with the edge. It's a great phone but I prefer iOS much more.

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Cpu single thread A9 wins, multi-thread SD820 wins, and i know its 2 cores vs 4, but the Adreno 530 is about 30% faster than the A9 gpu (Imagination tech power VR 7600)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 3609.jpg
    3609.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 92

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
This is probably the single biggest reason I didn't switch to iPhone sooner. Simple things such as file transfers are a bigger pain and even getting support can be if you don't go to an Apple store. They control every little nuance. That said, I am simply in a place where I am prepared to deal with that for a phone that is reliable and dependable. Fortunately for me, I do have 2 Apple stores near me. I guess as with all things, you simply choose your poison.
I think you will be back to android in no time. If you enjoy freedom ios is not for you.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

You could use iCloud Drive if you have an aversion to iTunes. You can upload said files to your iCloud drive on your computer. Then open up the iCloud Drive app on your iPad. From there you can steam or download your files.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

You can get support from Apple over the telephone, over chat and now via Twitter. You don't always have to go to the store.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I think you will be back to android in no time. If you enjoy freedom ios is not for you.

Don't count on it. That used to be my priority but not anymore. My #1 priority is that everything work as it should without me begging it too. As good as the Galaxy's are, there is always something that isn't quite like it should be. The iPhone has come a long way since the days of the 3gs and I've gotten older. Since I know all the issues in owning one, I made the leap knowing exactly what I was getting myself into. Haven't regretted it yet and all my BT devices always work.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yep, iOS just works. Last year I had a Note 4 and 6+. Then a Note 5 and now a 6s+. I also had several windows phones along the way. Bottom line, iOS just simply works better than the rest. The apps are better and the hardware is world class. I'm by no means a fanboy just a realist.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Honestly can't remember the last time I used iTunes for any of my iDevices.

Cloud services and airdrop has pretty much everything covered

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Like I've said before Android makes some nice hardware. Marshmallow was nice especially on my 6p. What annoys me is the inconsistency with battery life. One day it's great and getting just over 6hrs screen time. Next day it's draining then I need to download an app to see what's wrong. I've got Instagram waking up and constantly running for hours and I then have Alibaba waking up and so on. The OS is just not polished enough. Get tons of wake locks then it's fine. Very annoying. I charge my 6S Plus every 24 hours. Charge it and be done with it. Simple as that.

I don't have to worry about any of those things with my 6S Plus. I'm a big messaging person so don't get me started on iMessage . It's simply terrific especially when 90% of my contacts are iOS users.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I read that many s7e has habit of breaking micro as cards. I was like "wut?" 850? phone that breaks sd cards?
Not appealing..

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Like I've said before Android makes some nice hardware. Marshmallow was nice especially on my 6p. What annoys me is the inconsistency with battery life. One day it's great and getting just over 6hrs screen time. Next day it's draining then I need to download an app to see what's wrong. I've got Instagram waking up and constantly running for hours and I then have Alibaba waking up and so on. The OS is just not polished enough. Get tons of wake locks then it's fine. Very annoying. I charge my 6S Plus every 24 hours. Charge it and be done with it. Simple as that.

I don't have to worry about any of those things with my 6S Plus. I'm a big messaging person so don't get me started on iMessage . It's simply terrific especially when 90% of my contacts are iOS users.
I message a lot as well that is why I have phone with ..... Physical keyboard

How is imessage better than regular sms app or whatsup ?

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Yep, iOS just works. Last year I had a Note 4 and 6+. Then a Note 5 and now a 6s+. I also had several windows phones along the way. Bottom line, iOS just simply works better than the rest. The apps are better and the hardware is world class. I'm by no means a fanboy just a realist.
I have no problems with my new blackberry priv. It works without problems. I do have ipad and it works just fine. Apple has good quality hardware I just find that ios is nothing more than launcher for apps. Android is much more sophisticated. It is mobile version of Windows.