This is exactly how I feel...

af61486fe8614d4d07b413acc611443a.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This

Next time I'm getting an Android it'll be a Nexus, never a Samsung again..

The custom Android ROMs that phone makers fill their devices with are a huge turnoff for me. On top of bugs and performance issues it shouldn't be so much work, and such a long wait, to upgrade to the latest version of Android when it's released.
Nexus or nothing, IMO.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The custom Android ROMs that phone makers fill their devices with are a huge turnoff for me. On top of bugs and performance issues it shouldn't be so much work, and such a long wait, to upgrade to the latest version of Android when it's released.
Nexus or nothing, IMO.

Agreed!!

I have yet to try a Nexus, maybe one day.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Agreed!!

I have yet to try a Nexus, maybe one day.

The Nexus 6P is an amazing device but I've purchased three in the last 3 months and I still can't seem to use the phone for more than a day before I start missing my iPhone and what makes it worse is I have a SpaceBlack Stainless Steel Watch which I don't want to give up and there's no Android Wear watch IMHO that even comes close in design or functionality, they don't even have Android Pay, LOL.

I currently have a Frost 6P sitting in its box under my bed and Marshmallow is amazing along with the 6P hardware it's a knockout. For some reason I still can't switch I think it's because I've been back on iOS for too long and I'm spoiled by the timely updates and awesome Store service when it's needed.

But in answer to the OP's question I would never buy a Samsung phone again after owning the Galaxy Nexus and their horrible update schedule also keeps me away. I don't want to have to wait 10 months to get the update when Google is about to announce the next update to Android. 95% of Samsung flagships are still waiting for an update and we're two months away from Google I/O. That's ridiculous.

Sorry for the long post LOL.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I did like the look of the S7 edge and briefly considered getting one to use a secondary phone alongside my iPhone 6S plus. Although I did have some reservations about how much use I'd get out of it. However my husband has an 6S edge plus so I played around with it for a few hours over the past few days and I didn't like it much. It was quite laggy and not as smooth as the iPhone. I was not that impressed with the camera indoors. Also scrolling across the edge screen didn't really feel that comfortable, it felt a bit awkward. I'm also a bit dubious about the battery life despite Samsung's claims. I've decided that I'll just keep on using my iPhone as my primary phone. It does what I need and it doesn't disappoint.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I did like the look of the S7 edge and briefly considered getting one to use a secondary phone alongside my iPhone 6S plus. Although I did have some reservations about how much use I'd get out of it. However my husband has an 6S edge plus so I played around with it for a few hours over the past few days and I didn't like it much. It was quite laggy and not as smooth as the iPhone. I was not that impressed with the camera indoors. Also scrolling across the edge screen didn't really feel that comfortable, it felt a bit awkward. I'm also a bit dubious about the battery life despite Samsung's claims. I've decided that I'll just keep on using my iPhone as my primary phone. It does what I need and it doesn't disappoint.

If you're looking for an Android device to use along with your iPhone, check out the Nexus 6P! :)

Jerome86

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
After coming back to iOS with the 6s plus I wouldn't go back to Android for my main phone. But I still use my old Note 3 on wifi at home. I can get my tinker fix with this and considered picking up use Note 5 to test out. But that would really be wasting money. The S7 edge is pretty to look at but doesn't feel good in the hand. Looking at images wrapping around screen gives me a headache. It's just a little to gimmicky for me.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Another thing about all new Samsung devices that people don't know is that if you root your phone or install a custom kernel or anything you will (a) void your warranty by burning the KNOX bit - this is a permanent hardware change, and (b) you will trip a serious piece of misbehaving code that causes your device to not be able to enter deep sleep, which means the battery life goes completely down the toilet. The latter is especially serious since Samsung is actually intentionally causing devices to malfunction if rooted. On my Note 5 I have no choice now but to run a custom kernel unless I want to have 5h of battery life. Lots of info and speculation about this issue especially over on XDA.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone think they will come out with a Edge + like they did before or is the S7 Edge the same size as last years S6 Edge + ?

nicnoc

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same dilemma (well not that dramatic).

I am drawn to it for the camera as i do feel it bests the iPhone in this area and initial reviews show this however, all my family are on iOS and i know that within 2 weeks of owning an Android device i crave Apple again.
Ridiculous for me to waste my time but it's niggling away!

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same dilemma (well not that dramatic).

I am drawn to it for the camera as i do feel it bests the iPhone in this area and initial reviews show this however, all my family are on iOS and i know that within 2 weeks of owning an Android device i crave Apple again.
Ridiculous for me to waste my time but it's niggling away!

I'm in same boat as you lol.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting on my pre order from T-Mobile. I have two lines. Both with iPhones. If I like it enough I will sell the extra phone and keep the edge...until the next iPhone comes out probably haha.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73